Old 07-19-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/225/155

Height: 5'10"

Default Scale hasn't moved in months but jean size droped!?

My pants sizes have gone from 24 to 16 (the 16's fit but I don't dare bend over might hear the rip). I started measuring in May have lost 4 1/2" (inches) not alot but it is smoething.

When I was pregnant with son I was on bed rest from 5 mos on. I went from 135 to 250 I lost all but 15 lbs. I was happy I mean at 5'10" 135 is slightly under what I should have weighed. I held on to 150 until I got pregnant again almost 6yr later. Well, this time I was on bed rest earlier on. Not sure how much I put on but it ws more. But I haven't tried too hard I guess. Soon after daughter was born 3 people close to me were having health problems. Than my infant was having major health problems.

Any hints on making that scale wiggle even a little would be appreciated.

Katrina
KatrinaMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You certainly can drop inches without the scale moving if you are changing your body composition.

As for the scale, what are you currently doing now food plan wise?
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #3  

Well, before the attempt at weight loss I wrote down what I ate and when for about 2 weeks. I was at about 2600 calories and not exercising. I took 200 calories off and started doing 30 min of exercise 2 a week. Dropped about 5 pounds in a month. So I decided dropping to 2200 exercise same way I dropped 8 pounds a month. Than I stopped loosing weight. I am now down to 1800 calories and exerice 45 min 3 times a week. I mean being 5'10" noone believes my weight is as high as it is. 225-227 is my weight but eveypne thinks I weigh under 185. Most think 170-175. We dropped down to 1 1/2% to 2% milk depending on what the store has. I don't drink soda or alcohol more than once a week.

I hit all the vitamin and mineral requirements, calcium, vit c all the way to fiber, iron. I Drink about 10cups of water daily.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You might want to up your exercise a couple more times per week, keeping your calories the same.

Also - have you tried playing with the nutrient ratios that you eat (carbs/proteins/fats)? That can also help the scale start moving again.

And add some strength training to your routine as well
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Congrats on your smaller pants size!

Fiberlover...you've given her some good advice. I am going to try it too.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #6  

I can add more wouldn't be that hard to do. As for the diff in the ratio, Will start that never thought about it. Stregnth training I started that as part of reg exercise on days I don't do the other stuff. Like 40 crunches, I do some free weights. Working those arms, also have a bench down stairs I do my legs and butt exercises. I do some of the exercises they do in Marine bootcamp. I know I am physically not ready for the full amount. But I want to be able to start running again as soon as I loose a few more pounds to take extra weight off so my feet won't hurt as much (bunions bad) don't want surgery.

Well, the first time I had a child I lost alot of the weight quickly. almost 10 pounds was my son and 15 was all water. Ended up in first 6 weeks dropping 60 pounds but eating what the dietician gave me for a diet. But this time it seems a bit harder lol. Must be age related.

Thank you for the advice will try. Willing to try just about anyhting (not willing pills, special order food, or where they cut the fat off). Thanks also for the congrats. little victories make the harder challenges seem easier and closer to realization