Old 07-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 something chat Fri. 7/18

Morning Chicks

Another morning that I get woke up earlier than I hoped. I woke up about an hour ago,when DS was getting ready to go to work, I just got back in bed and was about to sleep when there was that familiar knock at the door that said my DD had not met the team for practice and they were there to get her. I finally decided I just needed to forget about sleeping in. I think I need to spend some time in my Bible this morning to get focused so I don't have a repeat of yesterday.

Check in later when I've got a few cups of coffee down my gullet.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i took the dog for a 40 min walk..however it didn't really help wake me up. This week has really beat me up. Man its tough working 6 days a week. And i'm doing it again next week. Its hard to pass up an extra day for the money they were offering. Especially since the trip is 3 wks away.

CC-read about last night. Sorry things are going wrong at chruch and sorry some people are spoiled brats when it comes to games. People really should strart teaching kids good sportmanship..but how is that possible when the parents don't know what that means. hope your day is better.

lauren-hope you enjoyed your bday.

Hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Well, it was weird to get up and head to work today and not take the kids to daycare first. Hubby got laid off yesterday, so he is home with the kids. Hopefully it will work out in the long run - now he has time to job hunt for a GOOD job, not just whatever he finds. Hopefully we will get by since we won't be paying daycare or the gas to drive an hour to work everyday. Now just let's see if he can manage to clean the house and watch the kids and have dinner ready since he is the housewife for a while! I have a feeling the XBox is going to get used a lot more!

I got to work and did my workout, so I am feeling pretty good this morning. Except for the fact that I forgot my lunchbox, so I have no breakfast. I have a meal here at work I can eat, ane we have 100 calorie packs on hand, so I should be ok later...I just don't know what I am going to eat for breakfast! On a sort of positive note, my coworker just found out that she is pre-diabetic and the Dr. wants her to lose weight in the next 3 months, so our whole office will be dieting and working out together!

CC - Sorry you had such a rough day. It's awful when the parents behave worse than the children!

Gatorgal - a 40 minute walk is a good way to start the morning! Where are you going on your trip?

Holly
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Trish ~ sending big hugs your way darlin'... grown-ups can be such idiots. The mom screaming at the little league game sounds awful. I'm sorry for you *and* her kids! I have not read "The Shack" but a good friend of mine has and I'm considering reading it. She really liked it. Sounds a little far out there from what she was telling me LOL. Hang in there honeybuns... I'm sending positive vibes your way.

GG ~ No wonder you're tired! The extra $$$ is hard to pass up with your trip coming up. Italy trip will be for how long? You are seriously going to need the break! Also, are you going back to work right after getting back from Italy or will you have a day or so off before returning to work? I'm sending big hugs your way as well....

It's so nice and quiet here this morning. DH is long gone to work and the kids are still snoozing. It won't last so best enjoy it while I got it LOL! My SIL is dropping her kids off today so this will be a busy house. I might pack up everyone and head to the pool. Happy Friday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #5  

Holly ~ we were posting at the same time. So sorry to hear about the hubby being laid off. Hope that he finds a good job asap.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Still waking up here...I'll be back later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Thanks, Joan. I am sure he will be fine. He has a CDL, so he should be able to get a decent job soon!!
(Crossing fingers )
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #8  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' All!!!

Hoping to kick start this day in a healthy way... Ugh, we had chinese for lunch yesterday, and Boy oh Boy, I went waaaaaay over my goal yesterday in my calorie intake. Gotta work out extra hard today.... not sure if my workout yesterday was enough.

It is supposed to be 90+ degrees... the 3 HHH's here. Wonderful . Maybe a stroll through the a/c'ed mall is in order. I am sure the kiddos would love to play in the play area too.

Well off to make a pot of coffee...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!!

Trish, hope ou have a much better day today. Time in the word will definitely get you head settled, always works for me. Thanks for the info. on the tubal...I'm not so concerned about the surgery itself, just if there are any side effects. I get nervous messing with my anatomy. You know, you read crap online & it scares the poop out of you!!! However, I think I'm at the point where having another kid scares me more....

GG, hope you get some rest. Frank has been working 6 days, the money for him working Saturday is just too much to resist!!! he'll probably be doing it for the next few months..thyy're rtehabbing the Ritz-Carlton in Philly, need to get it done soon. Hopefully they will have A/C next week...Hard to believe your trip is only 3 weeks...you must be so excited!!!

Holly, hope DH finds something he likes, and hope he won't be laid off for long. Meantime, I hope the kiddos get some good "daddy time"!!

Joan, hey girl!! HOpe you have fun at the pool with all those kids!!!

Pear, yup gonna be upper 90's and massively humid here today too!!! Have fun at the mall!!

Well, I was supposed to have my friends 4 kids today, but her DH took the day off so I'm gonna take the kids to my MIL's to go swimming. My SIL is there with her son, so we'll spend the day there. Probably tomorrow too. Just need to do a couple load of laundry & vacuum a bit, then we're off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #10  
KAR

Morning All,
Holly, sorry to hear about dh getting laid off. So you don't think he will be a good housewife? LOL It is amazing through the school year when I am working, how little gets done around our house unless I break down and do it. Sending positive vibes your way that he finds a better job soon! Sorry you went off to work this morning without your lunch box. Hope you find something healthy to eat. Sending hugs your way and positive thoughts!!
Trish, sounds like you had a rough day yesterday. I know that I can't stand how parents act at baseball games. Then they wonder what is wrong with their children. Hope today is a better day for you. Maybe if it is not too hot, you could get a run in to clear your mind. Sounds like even though your day got off to a rocky start,you have a wonderful plan to put it back on the right path. Sending hugs your way!!
Lauren, hope you had a nice birthday! Do anything special on your special day?
GG, hope you enjoyed your walk with your dog this morning. Hoping you have a better day at work today. So you have Sunday off? Any big plans for it other than just relaxing?
Joan, hope you enjoyed your time to yourself this morning. I would definately head to the pool with the kids today if I were in your shoes. Hope you enjoy your day!
Pearfreak, I am sure that you will be fine today, after going over your calorie intake yesterday. I know what you mean about it suppose to be hot. For the next 3 or 4 days we are suppose to have in the low to mid-90's. So I am planning on not going outside much unless I have to. The stroll through the mall sounds like a good one.
Hi to everyone else. My plan for today is to just be lazy if I can get away with it. I am really tired this morning, since I stayed up late last night and read close to 100 pages in Fearless. So maybe I will get my workout in this morning, get a shower and then maybe read this afternoon and take a nap.
Well I am off of here. Need to motivate myself to do my workout. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #11  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning all. I really tried to sleep in this morning but it did not work.

Trish and GG I hope your day is better than yesterday.

Joan I am hoping I can go back in the fall. It's the money thing that is holding me back. College is very expensive.

Everyone else have a good day. I will chat later. Off to run errands. I am throwing a retirement dinner tomorrow for one of the guys I work with. He is like a 2nd dad to me. So off I go.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #12  
KAR

Pam I see where we had posted at the same time. I hope that you enjoy your time at your mil's swimming. I haven't been swimming yet this summer. Just haven't really felt like going to the city pool and really don't have any friends with a swimming pool. Have a nice day!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #13  
KAR

Fergi enjoy your day of running errands. That is so nice of you for throwing the retirement dinner for your co-worker. You are such a sweet-heart!
Have a great day!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #14  

Lauren ~ are you so tired this morning from your getting a birthday spankin' last night;-). OH MY ~ I miss Sheila!!! She was such fun and used to write stuff that always made me laugh.

Holly ~ CDL? Certified...? My niece's hubby lost his job a month or so ago (he got a new one within weeks) and he was just telling me how much he loved being home with their little one. Of course, he only had to do it short term so who knows what he'd think if he had to do it month after month. I hope that your DH will get a job as fast as my niece's hubby.

Pear ~ It is supposed to be around 96 here today and I would take them to the mall but it always ends up costing me too much money LOL! We'll hit the pool for an hour or two and that will wear them out.

Pam-a-rama! Have fun swimming with the kiddies. Reading all of the info available online scares the $%@# of me about a lot of stuff. I read so much about Liam's Aspergers, medications, etc., etc... and came away with info overload. Lots of depressing stuff. I really don't think that having your tubes tied is not that big of a deal. Three of my sisters have had it done and they're all thrilled with their decision.

Kerry ~ enjoy your day. I know what you mean about feeling tired. I stayed up too late reading too. I'm actually starting to enjoy "Wuthering Heights." It was hard to read at first but now I'm getting a hang of the language. Did you like it?

Fergi ~ I hope that you're able to find the money for school. Is there any way that your work would help pay for part of it?

I got up early this morning and instead of working out on my bike, I made a big pot of coffee and watched the Today show. It is just one of those days where I just don't feel like doing much. I'll already regretting my decision not to exercise as my day always goes so much smoother when I start off with exercise. I've got kids showing up any minute so no time to fit it in now.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Holly... so sorry to hear bad news about DH. Have you ever read the book "The Secret"? It's about the power of positive thinking. I bought it after seeing it on Oprah. I was astonished to find that not only was it an easy read but it actually works!! You should read it.

Joan - I was diagnosed in 2002 with RA and Fibro. I hate it. It makes me so tired all the time and I hurt. BUT... the last few weeks have been great. I'm walking every night after dinner and I'm feeling stronger and less hurt-y... LOL

CC - Been there done that (still doing it) with the sports competitions. My son plays baseball for school and township and basketball for school and township. My husband coaches his township basketball league. This past season the went undefeated 14-0 AND won the championship. The parents of the other teams hate my husband when their kid isn't on his team. The kids love him. Every one of them wants to be on his team. The kids call our house to find out if they made his team. During a playoff game in March (and I know you won't believe this), one of the parents tried to get one of our best players to leave to go to another practice for another league. To be clear, this man came and threatened this 14 year old child that if he didn't leave (this PLAYOFF game) NOW to go to his PRACTICE, he was going to kick him off his team.

My husband was in shock and told the boy that HE would drive him to practice after the game so he cold finish. This whole thing happened during the 3rd quarter. Why? You guessed it, this parents son was on the team we were playing the playoff team against. The other coach hates my husband with a capital hate because he just couldn't win against our team. So I think they devised this plan. By the way, our boy didn't leave, the father and kid fom the other team were still there at the end of the game (the kid didn't play, he sat in the stands with the dad... weird...) and we won something like 60-50. It's amazing what people will do. It takes all the fun out of it for the kids. The parents on our team were pissed that they did that.

Just thinking about it makes me mad all over again. I am not looking forward to next season.

DD and I are going on a girls day out. Nails, pedicures and lunch...

Tawk at ya lata'...

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-18-2008 at 11:17 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote