General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default anybody use a credit monitoring service?

I want to join up with a credit monitoring service because I've had some credit issues in the past and I want to keep an eye on things. I also would like to know my score and keep tabs on that. Does anyone here use any of the services, and if so, what do you think of them? I've seen a couple out there (most around $12-15 per month). Are they all basically the same?

Last edited by OnceUponADrive; 07-17-2008 at 05:10 PM.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hi - I use www.myfico.com - I pay $89 for the entire year for the service that I have - I think they have different set ups. I enjoy monitoring my credit and I found this site as recommended by either Clark Howard or Suze Orman...can't remember which...but I trust both of them.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  
One Pound at a Time

I know FICO scores are usually used when applying for mortgages, but is FICO also your normal credit score or is it different? I was looking at TrueCredit monitoring and they offer scores from the 3 different bureaus. Are these all FICO scores or is that a separate kind of score?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #4  

I used to use True Credit back when I either lost or had my wallet stolen. I like the service but after about a year of nothing happening, I decided to cancel the service. I still do the free credit report each year just to stay on top of things.

Have you considered putting a freeze on your SNN/credit bureau accounts?
cmichele1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #5  
One Pound at a Time

I really am interested in it more for monitoring my score, not so much worried about identity theft, although that's a concern as well. I'll be looking to buy a house in the next few years and I want to know where I stand and try to improve my score if I can.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I used the service provided by freecreditreport.com -- I think I signed up 2 years ago -- I had my credit report (free) online to view for 30 days and then I starting paying $12.95 a month to have it monitored by Experian. I've never had any other ones to compare, but I've really liked it so far. It emails whenever there is activity on my report (change of address, new account, inquiries, etc.)
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote