Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #1  
on a mission

Arrow Ever used a BOSU ball?

these things are AMAZING! anyone else ever used one while working out? I just recently discovered it and I am totally hooked! it is fun and invigorating, you can really feel the muscles you have been using the next day!

LOVE IT!
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have one at home and I love it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #3  
No description available.

I attempt ab work on it at my gym. I can say I look forward to improving!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

They are an amazing work out....but ohhhhh so expensive! But I try to use it at the gym the most I can...there is only one there and its usually spoken for.

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  
on a mission

Ive just been using the one at the gym and no one else seems to know what it is, or even touch it, i guess im lucky...im afraid now all those great in shape types are gonna catch on and I will have to share! aacckk!

Keep upp all the hard work!
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I hate to bring up an old thread (sorry, mods!), but am trying to use the BOSU at my gym and am in need of help!

I started out doing my dumbbell arm workouts on the BOSU. I was used to standing on the blue side (quite wobbily, I might add) when I noticed two other people (accomplished lifters) using it by standing on the black (flat) side. So I concluded that I was doing it wrong and started using the black side. I've been doing that for months. I've inched my feet in closer and closer to the middle to try to make it harder for me, but I can now practically do it with one foot in the air and no wobbles. I'm thinking it needs to be harder for me to actually be using my core muscles, so I decided to go back to the blue side.

However, when I tried the blue side, I wobbled all over the place and literally fell off three times over the course of four sets. Am I doing it wrong? Are you only supposed to use the flat side? If so, how can I make it harder?

I love the idea of the BOSU, but am obviously untutored on how to use it properly. Help?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Youtube does seem to have quite a few videos. My bosu came with a video and I bought an additional video for it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #8  
Meg

Laurie, the name BOSU comes from "both sides up", so yes, you can (and should!) use both sides.

When you're ready to progress, try standing on one leg and doing your curls (and other exercises) when you're on the BOSU.

Have you tried junmping rope on the blue side? It's a blast!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, chicks! Okay, so Meg, should I try one leg on the flat side and then progress to one leg on the blue side?

No, I've never tried jumping rope on it...but it looks like fun after seeing that video!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote