View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
shelby897

KLK -- I think your post was fine. We are all in different times of our lives. I have two boys -- 8 and 5. My husband and I were together for 3 years before we got married and had our first after almost two years of marriage. I enjoyed our time together, worked out any of the "quirks" of being married, we traveled, worked hard, etc.

First -- I think most of us either know we want kids "someday" or "never". So, if somehow it becomes "sooner" than we intended -- that's okay. For some of us, when we are ready -- it takes longer than we expected to get pregnant (my sister, unfortunately, is unable to have any -- so we share mine) .

I don't think anyone is every prepared for what goes along with a baby. I babysat and was a nanny for years -- but honestly when it's your own, it's a whole new ball game.

They are needy, annoying (sometimes) and more work than you can imagine. They are also beautiful, amazing and inspiring. They make you want to be a better person, they build your patience, make you view the world around you in a whole new way. You will see the significance of a bug on a tree and worry about where they are, miss them when they aren't with you and enjoy who they may grow up to be.

I don't think anyone is really ever "ready" -- I just think the idea of sharing your life, what you love and enjoy and having a little version of you and your significant other becomes overwhelming and you jump in with both feet!!

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

Last edited by shelby897; 07-17-2008 at 12:41 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote