Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 09:15 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 03-09-2001, 09:34 AM   #2  
CJ

Default Have a happy Friday...

Well, here we are going into another weekend. And, I hope it will be a great weekend for everyone!

Trish:
Sorry, I think I skipped welcoming you back to the group on my last post. Glad to see you back. Have a great weekend with your brother and sister in law.

Jello:
Beware going out for drinsk with Mike ... I know it's none of my business, but .... if it was me, I would not do it - even if it's just as friends. Maybe you should include Rich and then it would be a possitive that you are with Rich and Mike is just friend. OK ... I will say no more! sorry..

Sharon:
I know you are busy busy working but we need to see you posting with us, cuz we miss you! I think it is time for a phone conversation - talk to ya soon!

Well, this is all for now. I have to write out some bills and then go pick up Dick's check as he is out on calls and is worried he won't get back in time to go to the bank so that is my job today. I think I can handle that! LOL

Talk to ya all later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-09-2001, 09:40 AM   #3  

Default Hello From Italy

Hi Girls!

I just wanted to pop in and say HI!

It's so beautiful here!

Will give you more details when I return!

Ciao!

Sylvia
Old 03-09-2001, 11:06 AM   #4  

Good Morning All!!!!

Well, we had a little rain yesterday and today is back to beautiful sunny weather. Somehow when the sun shines early in the morning, it feels like it has to be a good day. I wish all of you were out of winter and into Spring too. Hopefully it won't be much longer and your snow will start to disappear.

CJ, I can imagine how thrilled you must be to be having all those new grandbabies. I have only had the pleasure one time, and that was fantastic. It will be an exciting time for your family with all those new arrivals. Congratulations on doing so well on WW. I am hanging in there also. I know it will take my body a bit of time to adjust to eating carbs again on a regular basis, but I will persist and hope to see some losses in the weeks to come.

Trish, have a good weekend with your visitors. I'd send you some of this great weather if I could. Our son is getting married on May 13th in Jamaica. I'm sorry they are not getting married here, but happy for them that they have opted to forego the expense of a big wedding. Well, at least I don't have to buy "The Dress". LOL

Jo, lucky you looking forward to a long weekend. I have to put in my two cents worth and agree with CJ completely about Mike. Don't play with fire - it won't be worth it. There - I won't say anymore about it - promise. Hope you have a lots of R & R on your minivacation.

Sylvia - Hi to you too! Being in Italy at this time of year must be a wonderful experience. Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back.

Sharon, miss you. Hope you will get the time to post soon. The board is just not the same when you're not around.

Lots to do this weekend. With the nice weather, it is time to start cleaning up the garden a bit. I just found out last night that one of my elderly neighbours passed away earlier in the week. We don't know them, but he was a permanent fixture sitting in his lawn chair in front of his house, all summer long. I will miss his presence. He always had a wave for everyone. But he was 87 years old and has a huge supportive family. Looks like he had a good life too.

On a cheerier note, hope you all have a great weekend. Jeff was voted off Survivor, so I'm happy - couldn't stand the guy. Anyone else watch it? Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend. Love, G
Old 03-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #5  
Loser:)

Default Good Morning:)

I only have a minute but wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. Someone asked me what program I am on. I'm still following ww and loving it. I think I slacked off a bit but this week after weigh-in I decided to go back to square 1 and re-dedicate myself. So I've had 2 excellent OP days and am now working on day 3 With-in pts, 100 oz of water and 25 minutes on my bike everyday So I'm back.

CJ, Can I be added back to the updates? My current stats are under my signature

Good to see everyone again.

Love,
Bernice
334/235/145
99 down and 90 to go
Today is day 3 OP
Old 03-09-2001, 04:05 PM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Default TGIF!!

Only an hour to go before it's vacation for Jo! Ooh, I made a rhyme. I'm glad this week is over and have started "the list" of things I want to do ... and may actually get done ... over the next 4 days.

CJ and Gail, thank you both for your concern. {{{CJ}}} {{{Gail}}} However, there's no danger there any more. I know that Mike and I once had the possibility of something but I just don't feel the same any more. That ship has sailed as they say. Anyway, we have tentative plans for Sunday and if Mike is the same old Mike, he'll probably cancel out on me at the last minute. No biggie, really. Although, last time I saw him, I was 30 lbs. heavier!

Sylvia, you lucky girl!!! Hope you're having a wonderful time! (Yeah, as if you couldn't be!)

Gotta run. Finishing up the last of the day's chaos, then I'm outta here. Oh, it doesn't take much to tickle me, does it?

Have a good one!
Much love, Jo.
Old 03-09-2001, 04:45 PM   #7  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Default Remember me?

Hey everyone!
Gee I've been away a while huh? I've been through a lot in the last few months. I'm going to go through and try and read and catch up on what everyone has been up to before I post too much. I just wanted to say Howdy! and "I am back" : )
I missed you guys!
Gina
Old 03-09-2001, 05:49 PM   #8  
CJ

Default Welcome back!

Hey Gina! Welcome back! Just waiting for hubby to get home - going out for dinner and thought I would check the threads ... so glad to see you back!

Love, CJ
Old 03-09-2001, 07:11 PM   #9  
A Real Woman!

Thumbs down

Hi All!! Had the day off today and was able to change my name on a few things (my new drivers license for one), dropped off my old wedding dress at the cleaners and then it will be off to a nearby consignment shop, picked up my new contacts and glasses. I haven't had a new pair of glasses since I was a freshman in high school. I rarely wore my old ones, I would just squint watching TV if I had already taken my contacts out. hehe.... I have been kinda going things around here that I had been too busy to do or maybe was just being plain lazy. There is so many things around here that were Keith's - I need to clean them out and pitch them or give them back to him. We really didn't split up the sentimental stuff (As in old photos, etc...) so I need to get around to that preferably when Tim is not home. Well enough about me....

Welcome back Bernice!! You've done really well, and I agree you've lost almost 1 person! How does it feel??? Any secrets you're willing to share??

My sister (the other Carolyn) has been sick with a nasty sinus infection for over a week and my mom even went up to Michigan to nurse her back to health. She was diagnosed with diabetes and they put her on meds and today she went for a test to check for nerve damage. I will be calling and checking in with her later. I haven't heard much from her lately because she's even been too sick to check her email.

Carolyn - (CH) Good luck with WW!!

Chrissy - ((((hugs)))) my heart goes out to you as await another trial date..... good job on the quitting smoking. I quit about 4 years but started back. I hate to say it but starting back did help with my weight loss (in the beginning anyways).... I would like to quit again, but right now I'd rather concentrate on getting to goal weight.

Jo - good job on passing up the cake and cupcakes!! WOO HOO!! I also agree with CJ and Gail.... be careful about going out as friends with Mike!! Not to be nosey, but did you finally move in with Rich? I have been gone so long but if I remember correctly you guys were discussing it last fall.

Sandi - You are an inspiration to all of us! Still working out and slacking off like me! Keep up the good work!!

Gail - I love your kitty cat also. He's a cutie!

CJ - Good job - down another lb eh?? I think I found it over here!! lol I can't believe you are expecting 3 grandchildren all this year!!! How exciting!! I am adding your new web addy's to my favorites! Keep up the good work! I really need to get my butt in gear and update my website! - It is soooo outdated!

Trish - Have a glass of wine for me, please! Have fun with your in-laws.

Gina - welcome back!

well I guess I better get my butt in gear and get some of the things on my "to-do" list done!

Hugs to all!
Love, Joanna
Old 03-10-2001, 07:57 AM   #10  
CJ

Default Wow!

Morning everyone! Only popping in for a quick minute here - will post longer later ... am just a tid bit excited right now and wanted to share my news with you all. I just found out I won some $$$$$$$ last nite. I play the 3-digit number 319 faithfully every week, and sometimes it comes in boxed for me (means, all numbers come in but not in order) which is $83.00 - but last nite it came in straight (in order) and that pays $500!!!!! So, since I played it both ways, I just won $583.00!!!!!!

There - just had to tell you. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... mine sure has started off great! hee hee

Talk at ya later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-10-2001, 08:03 AM   #11  
CJ

Default Bernice....

I have added you to the updates list ... the only thing I am missing is your start date, ok?

CJ
Old 03-10-2001, 09:07 AM   #12  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wow, what a busy last few days....see, I don't post for 2 days and then .....too much to read up on. I'm glad everyone seems okay....and CJ, congratulations on winning the 319 lottery. HEY EVERYONE...ALL THE LOWFAT YOGOURT IS ON CJ!!!!SHE'S BUYING....HER TREAT.
What a winfall, what are you going to do with it?
I've been doing well on plan but the weekends are always the hardest for me....AND I also got my period yesterday....yuck, there goes the weekend. I usually feel so bloated and crampy. What did help this time was taking evening primrose and vit B6. Not as much aches and pains.....
Enjoy the weekend everyone, don't be tempted off plan- we all work so hard during the weedk to ruin it by mindless eating on the weekend.STAY STRONG!!!
bye
Old 03-10-2001, 11:44 AM   #13  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Default HEY ALL.....BEEN A WHILE

Hey all.....

Been a while since I have been on this thread......have been soooooo busy with work........and now getting my daughter ready to head to my mom's this coming week......she is on March Break......from school.....and she wanted to visit her old friends in the city we use to live in.........sooooooo for a whole week I am on my own.......not sure if that is good or bad......

Anyhow.........my meal plan has been going well until recently........I have plateau for the past little while.......but I am going to stick with it......I am in for the long haul.......

Finally the weather is starting to get a bit nicer......I just can't wait to take longer walks......and when it isn't cold I walk to and from work........about 40 mins each way.....but because of the dreaded winter I haven't walked since Dec have been taking the bus.....

Well I hope everyone is having a great day

take care and much success

K...
Old 03-10-2001, 03:39 PM   #14  
Loser:)

Default Thanks CJ

Congrats on the win

My start date is 4/1/99

Everyone have a super day and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Bernice:cool
Today is day 4 OP
334/235/145
Old 03-10-2001, 11:25 PM   #15  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Talking MY MY! LOOK AT ALL THE THINSTERS WE HAVE BACK WITH US!

Hail Hail The Gangs All Here!

I have just been busy working alot for the last week or so. But now I have 3 days off in a row so I would like to get some things done around here.

I've been following my program pretty well so far, drinking my water and I even went to the gym today BEFORE I went to work at H & R Block. Had a great workout and am a bit sore from the weights but it is a good feeling from something positive. Hope I lose a bit when I go to my WW on Monday. The weekends are really hard for me but so far so good. Tomorrow I will also work on staying on plan as well.

Gina....Great to have you back in the fold again. Missed you! Post again and let us know what you have been up to since we last heard from you.

Sandi....That Pansie sure is cute. I love Pansies too. Do you like my wild kitty? I too, it took awhile for me to figure out where to go and what to do to get my crazy kitty and everything else I wanted on my post. Well the important thing is that we did it right? No matter how long it took, WE STILL DID IT and that is what counts.

Kelster.....Welcome back to you too. So you are going to be alone for awhile? Well you can use this time to work on the new you. That plateau won't have a chance with you. You WILL break that plateau I just know it! Don't give up!

angel-eyes....You hang in there and the water weight will be gone soon. Yes, let's all keep it going on the weekend so like you say all Our weeks work won't be for nothing". Glad to hear you are going downward. That's the way to go!

Carolyn-CH....So glad that you joined Weight Watchers too. Don't worry you will do well on the program. It is really so easy now this time around. Just do the best you can on your trip and that's all you can do. Have a great time and post when you come back.

Sherry....Hey there Sher Bear! My gosh you sure have had your share of bad luck lately. First computer problems, than a bladder infection followed by strep throat. My gosh when will it all end for you? But at least on a positive note you are down those 6 lbs. YIPPEE!!!!! Good for you! I missed you wonderful posts and your postiveness too. FEEL WELL SOON![[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[SHERRY]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

CJ....You are still doing so great with your weight loss, I knew you could do it. Doesn't it feel great? Congratulations on finally winning that number. I remember when I visited you, I think you played that number as well. Wow what are you going to do with all that money you won? Surely you are going to give Dick some of it right? RIGHT?????????????????????? AH GEEZE YOU MISSED ME TOO! I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO!

Judy....So glad to hear that the doctor gave Cal that shot that is helping him so much. Wow with all the birthdays and seeing that new beautiful grandaughter you have, you are going to have quite a celebration.

Joanna....Hey girl, welcome back as well. I was so happy that you posted with us again. Missed you so much and I have been thinking about you quite a bit and hoping you were doing well and I see from your post that you are. The new man sounds like he is really nice and just what the doctor ordered.

Carolyn H....Hope you are feeling better. Your sissy Joanna said you have been sick. If you are reading this than GET WELL SOON! I know you are enjoying your Mom giving you some tender loving care. Post when you feel better.

Bernice....So great to have you back with us once again. My gosh you have lost so very much weight. What an inspiration you are to all of us. What an accomplishment and what a lot of hard work you have done on your program. Here is a hug for you!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BERNICE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sylvia....Hey are you having fun in Italy? I got your email card and was delighted to get that. All the way from Italy I might add. Post with us when you get back and let us know what a great time you had and what you did too.

Gail....Hey thanks for missing me too. Sorry about your neighbor passing away. It is ironic how we get used to someone that is always there and when they go away than we miss them. It is great that he had a fulfilling life with his big and loving family. I agree with you and was SO happy that Jeff got voted off Survivor too. I didn't like him at all. He was like one of those mean boys in school who would tease everyone. He would have been the first one I would have voted off. Now if we can just get rid of that finger waving Alicia the island would be a better place. I am sure thought that Jerry will not be far behind. LOL Don't worry, you will get back on track again. We will help each other do it too.

Chrissy....You are doing so very well on your exercise program Chrissy. I saw first hand how hard you work both at the gym-except when you want to go, than we go. HA HA Remember that Chrissy??? YOU WERE TOO FUN SIS IN LAW! AND when we went out to eat than you really made the wise choices I felt. You have accomplished so much between your weight and quitting smoking. I am so proud of you for not giving in with your cigarettes, even when you were stressed during the trial last month.

Jello....So you are going for drinks with Mike? I remember him, and think you are probally right that he will cancel. I am sure you realize what you have in Rich. So I know you will tread carefully. I know there isn't a snowballs chance in you know where that you will go back with Mike. TOO UNDEPENDABLE! Wow he will be so surprised with your weight loss. HE CAN JUST EAT HIS HEART OUT! LOL I missed you guys as well

Trish....How goes your weekend with your family? Hope it is a great one. Let us know how it went when everyone goes home and you have a chance. Wineries ah? Well that is sure right up my alley, I wish I could join you cause I would be sampling each and everyone of those special wines. LOL

Well hope everyone will have a great Sunday tomorrow so everyone do well and stay OP.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 03-10-2001 at 11:37 PM.
Closed Thread