Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #1  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

Default fun kickstart and mini-goal reward ideas...

have been thinking it would be cool to kickstart this process and get back into the mindset of feeling worthy of taking care of again. something fun.

decided on haircut and highlights. may sound boring to some, but haven't gone to do this in a while.

also brainstorming fun things to celebrate mini-goals and keep the excitement up. to get the pretty going again. manis, pedis, new shoes, massages...

of course, the most exciting thing of all will be feeling good again and getting back on the surfboard.

what are some of the things you do when you acheive your goals big and small?

Last edited by bluesurfgirl; 07-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm really enjoying shopping again. I used to love it before I put on the weight, but then it became such a chore. I've been into pedicures too. I need to do something different with my hair. I'm trying to figure out what shape my face is now that it's slimmed down so I can pick a new style. Has anyone gotten a cute style they'd like to share?
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I buy myself a new workout outfit- from somewhere like Marshall's or Tj Maxx, of course (gotta watch that budget!) But I love the Nike Fit-Dry line, so what better way to recognize my new milestone than to get something that I know I'll definitely get a ton of use out of!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Cookbooks and exercise-related stuff. Both reward me for being on track, and both will help me work towards staying there!.

Things that are on my list:
cookbooks -
The New American Plate
2007 Cooking Light
exercise stuff -
bike helmet (for aesthetic reasons, I have a safe one still!)
guide on how to repair bikes
workout clothes
heavier handweights
new DVDs to try

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 07-15-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: can't type
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #5  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks guys, these are great ideas!

have been struggling with ways to get started.

as the weight came on, things like hair, makeup, clothes, somewhat went to the wayside too. think there was/is some depression in the mix here.

and now noting that there is still an internal resistance to doing things for myself. so thinking that finding ways to break out of that darker place and have some lighthearted fun is going to be important.

thanks!
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

for me it depends on my budget >.< I really love skiing, so a super treat for me when i hit the half way mark will be a trip to the indoor ski arena its good for me and i love it! For my smaller goals like the others have said, the nike dry fit workout clothes are a definate, and im really looking forward to treating myself to one when i reach my next mini goal
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i ent bin one to treat myself at small goals....
the goals make me happy enuf....
tho i think at 140 i might scream the house down....
its a weight i havent been at since my school days....
i left school at 12 stone - bigger than i am now!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #8  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

My mom has a dress I LOVE that I wont let myself steal until I hit the 10 lb mark - Which I discovered I did TODAY!

When I get to ONEderland I want to go horseback riding on the beach with my mom - It's something I've wanted to do for a LONG time.

When I reach my final goal I plan to get my bellybutton pierced - I LOVE belly rings, I think they're SO cute, and I've wanted one for a loooong time. But this way I'll have a flatter tummy it'll look nicer on.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #9  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

There is a dress that would be perfect for the fall, size medium which I would REALLY love to wear. I can fit in it.. but it is very tight around the bust.. and I think it will be a perfect fit on me around 10 lbs from now, and it is my next goal and reward to fit into!
I haven't been labeling things as my "rewards" for losing weight, BUT, with the weight loss has come this freedom to wear things I couldn't wear before, and just pull off styles and makeup that I couldn't do before.. that feels SO good in itself! Plus, I finally cut my hair after a year and bought this amazing conditioning treatment as recommended by my salon styler, and my hair.. has never felt so soft in my life! It is so exciting, haha..
I've been trying to save money for next semester and for when I buy new clothes when I reach my goal... so I haven't been spending much, but I really would like new flats, so maybe I'll make that a reward for when I get down to 150~
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 AM   #10  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

My reward for getting to my goal weight will be time at the spa. Here are my rewards for 10-lb mini goals:

160 - Victoria's Secret Goodies
150 - Belly Ring and $100 in ING
140 - Spa Trip and $150 in ING
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote