General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Default My lovely armpits *sarcasm*

This week has been really sucky. My laundry was stolen a week ago, and I found out today that the really bad razor burn in my underarms is actually *gross alert* a fungal infection. Disgusting! My Dr. says I probably got razor burn there a few months ago and it just turned into an infection. She told me that lots of women shave their underarms incorrectly and risk this kind of infection.
Who knew there was a wrong way to shave your freaking armpits?!?! For the last 2 months they've been burning, itching, tingling, and just feeling like they're on fire.
I have to use a special cream for the next two weeks. I'm also not allowed to use deodorant or shave for the next 2 weeks, ick!
And, even though I haven't eaten out in the past 2 weeks, and I've been eating healthier, AND I'm walking 4 miles every day, the scale at the Dr.'s office said I weighed 201 pounds.
I cried today. I never cry. I broke down and had 2 small pieces of chocolate and a piece of my dad's birthday cake. But I made the cake, and there was no oil, eggs or shortening. And instead of us going out to dinner and eating junk food, I convinced my parents to let me go to their house and cook them dinner--fresh green beans, roasted small potatoes, and grilled chicken. Much healthier than pizza and burgers
Sorry about the pity party guys. It's just been an icky week.
*edit* I just realized I had to edit my stupid tracker because I'm apparently a fat pig. Yay me.

Last edited by chickybird; 07-15-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: stupid tracker
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Sorry you're having such a hard time.
Sending lots of virtual hugs and feel good vibes your way

ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

My doctor's scale always says I weigh way more than my own scale does. I ignore his, because I only get on his scale like once or twice a year, and it's always while I'm fully dressed and after I've eaten at least one full meal, and I usually have to pee (doctor's do that to me )). Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone's entitled to a small pity party every now and again, but you just have to get back in the saddle, so to speak, and not let the scale own you. I hope you feel better!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #4  

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have moments like these. You did a great job with your dad's birthday -- and I would think it was more enjoyable to relax at home than to go out anyway.

I was thinking of you the other day -- I wish you could get those little ink tags they hook to new clothes and attach them to your laundry so the wierdo who keeps steeling them would get sprayed!! I would also start writting my name inside my shirts, etc. like grade school so you can identify them if they ever show up!!

Please don't call yourself names (I know I do it too!!) -- get to bed early and tomorrow get right back on track. You can and have been doing this -- you just are having a rough spot.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #5  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Wow, the deodorant thing isn't fun...neither is the no shaving thing, but I'm sure but 14 days will go relatively fast. As far as the weight thing goes, don't worry about it. I was 159, went to Buffalo for a week and came back weighing 165 (only 2 lbs of which was water weight). I'm still trying to get it off. Don't get discouraged...just keep plugging away and moving forward! Life isn't that bad, afterall.

Remember what JQ Adams said:

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #6  

Thanks guys!
Hey Shelby, I had another lovely idea about the laundry--Maybe from now on when I buy cute, girly underwear, I'll take a marker and write false statements on the underwear like:
I have STD's
My husband wears these too.

Maybe then the laundry thief will think twice before wearing them.
I probably won't do this....
Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Awww, you deserve a little pity party. Good job staying on track.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

At least you have a sense of humor!

I'm sorry it's been rough. I also hate those random things that you have never even heard of like your razor rash.

You know what I REALLY hate? Doctor's office scales. It's weird, but I stand backwards because they can be 10 pounds off. To them it's no big deal. To me it's just not worth getting upset. They are rarely correctly calibrated, if at all.

It will get better
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #10  

Thanks for the sweet words! They do help. This sounds stupid, but I wish there was atleast one other person I knew who had this. I think I'd feel like less of a freak!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Just rest assured- I'm sure we've all had something weird that makes us go, "does this even happen to people??"

I assure you, that and more does
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #12  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

It's essentially jock itch or athlete's foot, just in a different area... and look how many people get those?! You are NOT a freak. I'm sure it has happened to plenty of people but most don't walk up to strangers on the street and say "hey, check out my armpits. I can't shave em or put deodorant on them because I have a fungal infection."

On forums of course you can say this... but that's probably why you don't find it more commonly.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I got seborrheic dermatitis on my nose - it looked like my nose was rotting off (can't hide that) and the dermatologist told me it's caused by the yeast bacteria that causes dandruff (only this was way grosser than just flaky face dandruff).

I wouldn't leave the house without a face mask (the medical mask), Agh embarassing, disgusting, disfiguring, itchy, and painful - what a joyful combination.

I also had to use a skin cream, but the dermatologist told me to use Head and Shoulders Shampoo (or the generic equivalent) with pyrithione zinc (my spelling might be off, but look for the ingredient on the bottle, if you want to try it) - not only on my hair and face, but as a body wash as well (since I had the seb derm on other areas of my body, but more the flaky kind than the scabby kind (TMI, so sorry about that).

At any rate, I highly recommend the Head and Shoulders for all kinds of skin conditions. The zinc keeps bacteria, yeast, and fungus under control, so it helps alot of skin conditions. For me, it's been a miracle cure, I don't even hardly ever get pimples anymore, not even on my back or the nape of my neck like I used to. My rosacea disappeared, and my skin looks better than ever. The few times that I have run out and gone back to a regular soap, I started having problems again.

I've also noticed that the Head and Shoulders really keeps me smelling good a lot longer than any other soap or body wash I've ever tried. Since you can't use deodorant, you might consider giving it a try, it at least until you're able to use deodorant again.

It's now my only soap and I absolutely love it. When my skin is dry, I use the 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner), when it's oily I use the regular.

Oh, and don't use the "cooling" mentholated shampoo, it might be fine for your head, but is not face or delicate skin friendly.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:47 AM   #14  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I just had to say that I'm laughing my butt off at the "I have Stds" and "My husband wears these too"

And the

"most don't walk up to strangers on the street and say "hey, check out my armpits. I can't shave em or put deodorant on them because I have a fungal infection.""

I've also had a really hard night, and this cheered me up a good bit. So thanks for the inspiration and motivation to cheer up even when you've got mushrooms in your armpits and your husband steals your STD panties (Or when your mother you haven't talked to in three years comments on your weight, and you have a spider bite that's hot, swollen, and rapidly growing)

Anyway - I hope your following week proves much brighter for you. And I hope your poor pits feel better soon
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

...buy Head and Shoulders...
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote