South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick Check - July 13 - 19

Please post you successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #2  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

I am THRILLED to report that I started Phase 1 on Thursday, and while I am feeling very tired, my cravings are minimal, and I dropped 4 pounds!

I just need to keep going. Good luck to everyone in P1 with me!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

good job White Rabbit!!!

I started Phase 1 last Tuesday, and I am down 4.4 pounds already! my husband is doing this with me, and he started the same time I did and is already down 8 pounds. (I hate how easily men lose weight!!)
Old 07-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Ruth for starting a new thread for the week.

Whiterabbit-way to go!

Tommysgirl-way to go also. Nice to have the husband on the road to healthy eating with you.

I have been on the beach since last Sept. and my DH is just now catching on that it is a change in life not diet. Hopefully one day I will be able to make one of these really good sounding recipes for the whole family and not just cut them in half and try them out just for me. This is my third time back to phase one since then and this time it has really kicked me in the butt. Had a headache for 3 days and was hungry for munchies for those days. Today is day 1 of my second week and so far so good. I am writing everything down I eat this time around I have been on a plateau for a loooonnnng time. I have not stepped on the scale since I started phase one again so I don't know I would really hope it would break the plateau but if it doesn't I will have to try something else. I am looking forward to a grain a day when with week is over. I am finding out that I can handle 1 grain a day and if I let more in that is when I lose control and end back up on phase one. Know I need the whole 2 weeks though because all I can think about right now is pita bread split and toasted with splenda and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Have dinners planned for the week. tonight is eggplant lasagna(trying it tonght for the first time,1/2 a recipe)Spagetti for the family.
Monday-Cola chicken(first time for this recipe also but I am going to use the crockpot) salad for me,buns and corn on the cob for the family.
Tuesday-kabobs for everyone mine mostly veges theirs mostly meat.
Wednesday-Burgers on the grill, mine with lettuce,sliced tomatoes,onions, and beans.
Thursday-grilled chicken mine with a salad theirs with mac and cheese and green beans.
Friday-Bunco night for me so probably a salad will be the only thing there that will be safe for me to eat and the family is is fend for yourself.
Saturday-?? I think it is bbq time at mom and dad's so burgers again or chicken.

Wish I could bring myself to grill some fish it is just to expensive to mess up for just one person so I stick to canned tuna for lunches twice a week.

Well this got kind of long but wow I have my week planned!( let's see if it all goes as planned).
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Well I started phase 2 yesterday. My total loss during phase 1 was 13 lbs!

White Rabbit and Mindee congrats on your losses!

Phx sunflower, This is also my 3rd time starting SBD in as many years. My goal is to stay here longer than 6 months... that was my previous track record. Way to go with your meal planning! I started lifting weights and doing yoga last week. I feel great!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Morning all, I'm feeling a bit despondant today, as it appears I'm not losing weight on week 2 . I have 2 more days on phase 1, but I'm confused as to why I would lose 7lbs the first week and then nothing?? I haven't been doing anything different these past 5 days, no TOM or anything obvious to account for this...sigh....
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Lulumum, 7# is fantastic! That's more than some people lose in 2 weeks. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lulu - it is an issue all of us deal with, and just realize that weight loss is finicky and never linear. A lot of us lose a lot and then don't lose for awhile....stick wtih it and you will see results.....it may just take some time for your body to catch up to what you are doing.

Try not to get down on yourself if you don't lose consistently week after week...it doesn't mean that you aren't doing well, or that the diet isn't working....it just means that you're human and sometimes our bodies just don't make sense....especially being a woman.

Good job on the 7 lbs!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #9  

great job on all your losses!!!

we are inching are way into our second week of phase one.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

lulu- I also lost 7 lbs the first week and then none the second. I was very frustrated and am trying to get over it. I am sticking to it knowing results will come eventually. i have lost an additional pound or two i think on my third week of SB. i am doing like a phase 1.5. I have had a little fruit so far.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Hi all,
Congratulations on for all you losers! I'm doing another week of P1 as i wasn't "clean" this past week. I really want to do this right so this is the last time i have to loose this weight. Better safe than sorry! I lost 5 lbs the first week and 4 the second. I measured before i started and measured again today and lost an overall total of 8 inches.

I started P1 of the exercise program today. Am looking forward to a great "clean" week and on to P2!

hugs, Pat
Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #12  

that is great ladies!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to welcome you all to the beach and to 3FC!!! This is a great place for ideas, support, and a good kick in the rear when you need it. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we love to help. Good luck on your journey and stick with it!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #14  

Happy Monday everyone!

I transition to Phase 2 tomorrow. I've been there before and am looking forward to it. At first, I was a bit apprehensive as I gained a few pounds within the last week of Phase 1. Since I weigh daily, I pretty much know why.

I wanted to go another week on Phase 1 but decided against that. I remembered my true weight loss happened during Phase 2. So, I'm jumping in with both feet and not looking back.

My DD and I went to Sam's Club yesterday and stocked up on everything I'll need. My menus are planned and ready to go. I have a few things to prepare for tomorrow but I'll get around to that before the night is over.

Anyway, here's to a great week for us all!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Morning all!
Good luck Sunshine! I like to plan my menu's too and try to only shop 1 x a wk.

I did the total body workout, more out of shape than i thought! Oh well, gotta start somewhere!

I hope everyone has a great day on the "beach"!

hugs, Pat
Closed Thread