Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Tues July 15th

Morning all....well i actually got up early and went to the gym. Im trying to get back into the exercise. I really would rather do it in the evening...but due to my schedule, as like last night, some days i don't get home until 8 or 9 and i still have to have dinner ect. So i hate being a morning person...but have to due to work. I did 30min on elliptical then situps and pushups.

Off to get ready for work..hope everyone has a good day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Good morning! Good job making it to the gym first thing this morning!

I am a morning person because I have been forced into it after years of having kids who get me up early and working at early jobs. I used to be motivated enough to do a workout video before work, but lately have had no energy. I am getting to work and using the gym (in the Rehab center we share space with) and getting in a mile or so on the bike and some crunches and arm and shoulder excercises on the weight machine. Only for about 20 min or so, but it's a start!

Last night was a late night for me, too. Had to grocery shop after I picked up 3 kids from 2 different places and then go home and cook and give baths, pack lunches, etc. I am proud of myself, though. I made them breaded chicken patty sandwiches (they love them, and you just throw them in the oven) and I made myself some terakyi vegetable stir fry and tilapia - and I made enough to pack my lunch with for today!

I hope everyone has a good day!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls!!!

Patricia...great job on the working out. I really need to get back into it..it's been about 4 weeks since I have CONSISTENTLY worked out 5-6 days/wk...I really do miss it, I just feel so tried lately. Ithink it's a combination of allergies and not exercising that I have low energy...i need to JUST DO IT!!

Holly, 20 min is super!! Any bit of exercise helps!!

Toni, congrats on your bike trip!! That is amazing, I really hate biking, and can't even IMAGINE pulling the kids to boot!! Supa Dupa, girl!!!

Okay, gotta go atleast do some crunches, etc for about 15 mins before a shower, then off to the store to pick up some meatloaf mix. Need to make spaghetti sauce & meatballs today, have been out for about a week, and the family is missing it (we have it usually 2x a week). Then the kids are having a playdate, we'll get the slip-n-slide set up again.

Hope all my sistahs have a great day...will definitely check in later.

hugs,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Man you guys have been super busy! I have been feeling like crap lately. My glands are swollen, I'm exhausted and I went to bed at 9PM last night. I have a sore throat today. However, my eating is right on track and I still walked last night even thought I thought I was going to fall asleep while doing it. I might need to make an MD appointment but I'll see how I feel in a couple of days.

I hope everyone has a great day! Off to work for me... bleah...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

P,
I am hungry and spaghetti and meatballs sounds yummy! Do you have a low fat recipe?

Poppyseeds, hope you are feeling better soon - good job on walking anyway. I missed the Family Fun Walk (Mon and Thu nights at the park) with the kids because hubby was complaining there was nothing to eat or drink in the house!! Oh, well, there's always Thursday!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Poppy, Ugh, hope you're not getting sick...or too sick. Get to the Dr. before it gets worse!

Gotta run, have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning everyone. You know, everyday I have such good intentions of working out. I have all kinds of workouts recorded on the Tivo from fitTV, I have a bike begging to be ridden and I have a treadmill just sitting here, collecting dust. I'm so lazy I just can't seem to get motivated to get up off my butt and get busy. I definitely HAVE to start doing these things.

Lauren: WK is whole kernal. The recipe that got me started on this kick is from ediets. I do not measure, I just make what I think the family will eat. I brown boneless, skinless chicken breasts then add Taco seasoning. Add amt of water recommended on the seasoning packet and cook until the "sauce" is thick. I nuke boil 'n bag brown rice for 10 mins then warm the beans (do not drain) and corn. I do add salt and a little butter (maybe a T. depending on how much I'm making, but no more than a T.) to the corn. On the plates I layer starting with the rice, then beans, then corn, then chicken. Sometimes I serve a salad on the side and sometimes I put the lettuce and tomatoes on top of the chicken. It's oh-so yummy!!

GG: Good job on getting to the gym this morning.

Pam: What is meatloaf mix? Is that the pack of veal, pork and hamburger?
DH would love for me to make meatballs and spaghetti. Guess I will have to do that soon.

Holly: Good for you for making your lunch last night! When I was working I had to make mine the night before. In fact, I did everything the night before. All I did in the AM was get up, get dressed, brush my teeth, grab my already packed lunch/breakfast and leave the house. I could never get up any earlier than that!

Poppy: Hope you are feeling better soon. It sucks to be under the weather.

OK, I'm going to go see if the boy wants to go for a bike ride!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #8  
KAR

Morning All,
GG, great job on going to the gym this morning! I bet that helps you get through your day at work better. I know when I workout before going to school, my day seems to go easier.
Hollymommy, sounds like you are off to a good start on your weightloss journey! 20 minutes is better than none at all. So what is Family Fun Walk?
Pam, sounds like you have been super busy here lately. Enjoy making meatballs today! I am sure that you will get back to working out on a more consistent basis here soon.
Lauren, hi! So did you start to paint any yet? How is your Adderall doing?
Poppyseeds, hope you feel better soon. Great job getting your walk in even though you don't feel so great! Maybe you should go see the doctor. A sore throat isn't anything to be taken lightly. Hope work isn't too bad for you today. Hey, if your one boss gets mouthy with you today, just breath on him and give him your sore throat! That should make you feel better!
Toni, congrats on reaching your summer goal! That is one long bike ride. I don't know if I could do it.
Hanna, I hope your feeling better today. I will send positive thoughts your way that your mouth doesn't hurt today!
Hi to everyone else. I have to go get my breakfast, my shower and do some computer work. I got up early this morning, because I had to have my van at the bodyshop at 10 to get it fixed. While the guy from the rental car place called during my workout to say that he had to move me back to 12. So I guess I could have slept in this morning until at least 9. Oh well I got my workout in already.
By the way, I didn't get my yard finished yesterday. So I am going to have my dh borrow a push mower so I can finish it tomorrow. I love the excerise I get from push mowing it!
Well I will check back with you all later. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Holly, nope no low fat recipe...it actually is the veal, beef & pork mix like Karen said. My son & DH love my meatballs. I usually only eat one. And the sauce I make only has the fat from the meat in it (which I skim off the majority of) and I only use EVOO in the beginning to saute the garlic. I make it about once a month & freeze a lot...makes dinner easy.

Kerry, hope you get that lawn mowed. It's going to be pretty nice here today, but a heat wave lasting through the next 5 days is starting tomorrow. Are you expecting the same??

Poppy, I've been super tired & a little scratchy throat lately. I think mine's allergies, but a friend of mine has a bad summer cold that's kicking her butt. Hope that's not what you have!

Lauren & Karen...hope you ladies have a good day.

Okay, back to emptying the dishwasher....
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

Pam, you are always making the spaghetti, I've never tried meatballs...Just meat sauce. My DH and DS LOVE "basghetti". I think I have a bag of sauce in the freezer, maybe I'll defrost.

Geez, there are so many newbies, I can't keep track. Welcome to everyone, sorry to be so generic.

Nothing exciting going on here. We have to make a trip to the ortho this afternoon, so they can fix dds appliance. I fell UP the stairs and now I'm hurting.

I'll check back later, hope everyone has a great day.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #11  

Good morning everyone!

Looks like many of you got off to a great start with your exercise. I feel inspired. I walk and swim but not as often as I should. I make excuses i.e, "I don't have time." or "I'll do it later or tomorrow." or "I'm gonna join that gym next month." I crack up at excuse creativity sometimes.

The local park has water aerobics. It's very near to my home. Yet, I haven't signed up yet. I've been saying I'm going to join for years. When I finally make the decision, the season swim schedule changes and is not offering what I need. Oh poo!

Soooo....I'm going to make baby steps towards fitting this into my schedule. I will join by the first of the month. If I do it before then, wonderful! If I don't, please line up to kick me in my arse!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hey all! Got the kiddos off to their daycare today so I can get some things done. I had to go clean the toys at the church...it was my month and then I had to get groceries for camping this weekend...I am not telling the hubby how much it cost...hopefully he will just enjoy. I need to finish packing for the weekend and then clean some of this horrid house. I swear I really want to hire someone to do it but I just can't bring myself too..I really should have the time and the ambition to do it. Hi to everyone hope you have a great day! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!

So, the last two weeks have been full of moms - my mom visited two weekends ago, and now my bf's mom is staying with us for a few days. Which equals tons of eating out. i'm trying to be good and stay on track, though. His mom loves to go out for ice cream.

And to continue my eating-out mode, i went out for lunch with some friends i hadn't seen in forever. We went to Chipotle... holy crap! i'm doing the WW plan (minus the WW membership), and i could not believe how many points are in everything. i got one of the healthier things on the menu, and still it was 13 points! Yow!

Tonight: i'm actually looking forward to something simple and light. Maybe even just cereal. Mmmm.
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #14  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

hello everyone, IL's have the kids today, I am going to try and paint a picture for my SIL's college graduation. We'll see how that goes, I haven't painted anything in YEARS. I am not sore from my marathon bike yesterday, that makes me happy. Haven't decided what I'm going to do for exercise today.

*I posted a silly pic. of my DD in the photo thread for those of you who are interested.

knitta, it is soooo hard for me to stay on track when I go out to eat, good for you for keeping it up.

Erin, have fun cleaning house! It feels good at the end to get it done.

Sunshine, have you done the water aerobics before? I did it when I was pregnant the first time...lots of fun, but felt very whale-like at the time (I was 8 mo. preg. and DS ended up being 10 lb 7 oz so I was HUGE). I'd like to try it again now that I'm not preg. anymore. Is your pool an indoor or outdoor one?

Alicia, sorry about your fall, hope you feel better soon.

Kerry, enjoy mowing the lawn (did you know that cut grass is an aphrodisiac?) I read that somewhere, though it was kinda funny. Never has that affect on me.

Karen, hope you got motivated and had a good bike ride. Your corn, rice, beans, chicken sounds yummy! I have been craving mexican food lately, maybe I'll have a taco salad for dinner.

Pam, what spices do you put in your meatballs? They sound great!

hollymommy, congrats on saying "no" to the kid's food! I always have a hard time with that, your dinner sounds great too....man all this food talk...

GG, for getting up in the morning and going to work out! I usually have grand plans and when the time comes I just hit "snooze" forever.

Last edited by mamatoni; 07-15-2008 at 04:31 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #15  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Lois for inviting me.
I am one of many newbies here. I am 35 years old mom to 2 and stepmom to 2. I am a yo yo dieter, but hopefully I will be able to finally break it. Any help is appreciated. I tried many (if not all) diets and many of them work until I stop working them. I do not follow any diets at the momen, but healthy eating and pilates. Recently (last Tuesday) I had a deviated septum surgery done and it made me not smell or taste for a while due to splinters in my nose. So, I was only eating when filling physical hunger and stopping when felt full as I could not taste anything. It was the best experience in my LIFE.
What do you know
yana is offline   Reply With Quote