Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Losers and Friends - July 14 - July 20

Morning ladies..

Up and at 'em and back on track!!

The weekend wasn't TOO bad, but Liz and I both lost some momentum.. Not sure why this is happening, but I'm getting tired of it...

Still waiting to hear when and if I'll be shipping out of state to fires burning out west... That poses its challenges when it comes to being on plan, but I was able to stick to it fairly well last year, so this year shouldn't be too hard..

Have a great day and make it a great week!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!!

Nicole- Really missing you chickie!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day.
i've got to get busy planning DD 5th bday party. it's on saturday.

i'll check back in later. hope everyone has a good day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #4  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning all...hope everyone is psyched up for a GOOD week!

Myself...not sure how this happened, but I spoke to my oncologist's office last week and had her email me all of the weigh in weights that I had for the last two years. I actually maxed out at 237 lbs. instead of 224. Even though I started LAWL at 224, I've changed my ticker to reflect the larger weight. Apparently I had already lost a few lbs prior to joining LAWL!!

When you are out shopping etc., what do you guys do to make sure you don't miss a meal/snack?? Any good ideas? This seems to be my struggle.

Thanks!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #5  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

OMG...my ticker says 1743 lbs gained 1810 lb to go. Don't give up!! Going to see what's going on!!!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/234/160

Default Good morning!

I've been not paying attention to what I've been eating for the past week. A good friend passed away over the 4th and somehow we just got through last week in a haze. I've never thought about it, but there's a lot of food and drink related with such an event! And honestly, I just didn't care. Well, I'm back to caring and even though it is really hard getting back on the wagon, that's where I'm planning to stay. I'd really love to lose another 20 lbs. by my birthday in October. I'm using that as motivation! It's either up or down and I'm choosing down.

Everyone have a great day!
gotsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Default POP Camping weekend!

I cannot believe I actually had an on plan camping weekend. I had to really concentrate on my goal to not give into chili cheese dogs and smores. I am super proud of myself and hopefully the scale will be kind to me tomorrow for my WI. I had lost 8 lbs so far on Friday and tomorrow makes 2 full weeks on program. I am feeling pumped for another great week!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Great job Erin!!! That's what we call a NSV - "Non-scale-victory"... Isn't it a great feeling.. Those are the kinds of things we use to catapult us to the next level... Way to go!

Gosta.. So sorry about your friend.. It's NEVER easy when dealing with any kind of loss, to maintain "on plan".. But here's the dirty little secret.. The way this plan is set up, when all is said and done with your weight loss, stabilization and finally maintenance, your body will be better able to cope with times like that, when emotional eating or simply the lack of good choices are the norm rather than the exception.

Now, all that said, I'm going to say something that may seem mildly harsh, so please don't take it that way.. When you're in any kind of emotional situation you obviously have many more important things on your mind than weighing your food or making sure you get all your veggie portions in.. However, you still have power over what you eat, or more to the point, the amount.. It takes little effort to make sure that you're not eating too much of any one thing.. And that's really what this plan is about when all is said and done.. half scoops of caseroles and one roll instead of two can go a LONG way in making sure the scale doesn't move too much, epecially when you're (very understandibly) not in a place, emotionally or physically to weigh your portions or have control over the kinds of food in a house...
Old 07-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/234/160

Dan, not harsh at all! And it would probably feel good to have control over something. Well, I'm back in the saddle, but very grateful for the words of wisdom...
gotsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #10  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Hey, everyone, it's been awhile for me. I lost my job and have been doing horribly as far as my diet goes. I was so used to taking my lunch and snacks to work with me and that was all the food that was around me for the day. It sucks that I'm home all day with my kitchen a few feet from me. I am back on track as of today. I felt so guilty about not being on plan, I haven't even posted on here for awhile. I'm counting on everyone to hold me accountable from here on out. Good luck to everyone and I'm back to stay this time!!
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh Julie.. That sucks!! I'm sorry to hear about your job... Any prospects on the horizon?? What kind of job are you looking for?

As for being close to the kitchen, see my advice above.. You have the ability to control the amount you eat.. Also, as always, make sure your pantry is free of offending foods.. You have the power - you just have to be "there" mentally in order to tap into it..

Keep posting!! It's easy to get embarrassed about falling off the wagon, but don't forget the purpose of this site is not only to keep us on track but to also offer support when it's needed... Never be afraid to vent!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, You can do it! Look at how far you've come!

Dan, Motivation waxes and wanes.... but I don't believe that you are likely to ever go back. Remind yourself regularly about how much better life is now. What that junk food actually cost you.

I bought a new mountain bike last weekend, and this weekend we went on a glorious ride. I ate just a smidge over plan, due to the 3 hours of sometimes quite intense biking. We were at the base of Mt St Helen's and it was really beautiful. I finally did a ride like that without having it morph into a food free for all.... As you really do need to eat a bit extra if you are going to burn lots and lots of calories... then I went home and crashed hard.. got up the next morning, went to spin cycling class, where we had a substitue who was brutal.. went home and crashed again. Yesterday was really hard to stick to plan, but I think I did a decent job of it..... although this morning, I just didn't have another spin class in me... so tonight I think I will do one of my tapes, as I need to mix it up a bit. It is so weird that after all the spin classes that the only part of my legs that are sore is very high on the thighs.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #13  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday everybody!!

For the first time in a long time (I mean over a year) I went away for the weekend. I went to a horse show to help my former trainer with the horses she was taking. I used to show but my guy is too old now and he is retired and happily getting dirty every day and doing nothing but chow down in the pasture. He will be 27 in two weeks. The show was an Arabian Morgan show. We had a lot of fun. I am exhausted but it was still fun. They did really well and the horses were just about perfect in all their classes. Getting up this morning for work was a challenge and a half but its over now and I can go to bed early tonight. On my feet all weekend lugging, walking, scrubbing and cheering from the sidelines - so hopefully a few calories burned!!!

That's my news for the day so far. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better week!!

BTW - I don't think I've seen a challenge for labor day on here yet...anyone interested???
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hello

We went for our weigh in today and Dh lost 9.2 lbs, and I lost 6.8lbs on take off/1 day of plan.

We are stoked and are looking forward to seeing the numbers drop!

We packed a cooler today with pre-measured snacks and meals and didn't go off plan all day @ the hospital. And DD was a trooper and everything went well

What a great way to end a day
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

awesome job to you and dh, jess!
keep up the great work!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote