Old 07-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #1  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default July Slim-Fasters!

Hello girls! I'm back!

So much news and so little time. I've been totally in no-mans land for the past few months. With the new job and the wedding things just got away from me. But here I am and I'm holding stead at 196. I actually got down to 193 right before the wedding, but I've gained a little back through not eating properly and with all the parties and stuff it's been a challenge.

The wedding was absolutely incredible! If you want to see pictures you can go to the following link:

www.21photo.ca
Click the link at the bottom to "client proofs" and then click "tamara and jason" and the password is June.

I promise I'm back for good...and I'm hoping you guys will help keep me motivated to stay on track. I got a personal trainer for the month of May and it made such a huge difference in my body...even when there was no weight loss for a week. In the two weeks before the wedding I lost 1" off my waist and 1-1/2" off my hips! Wowzers!

Hope everyone will update me and let me know how you're doing.

Cheers,
T
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

OH MY GOD. TAMARA HAS GRACED US WITH HER PRESENCE!!!

I've been missing you and our SF thread died last month - but I'm sure you have the energy to get it back up and running. Congrats on the wedding - the photos are FAB! Your daughter looks like Hermione from Harry Potter - and not just call y'all are Brits - she really does!!! I know this wedding has been a long time coming...I'm so happy for you!

I've been doing really well in your absence. I'm up to running 5 nights a week on the treadmill (no more elliptical) doing 5K between 36-39 minutes - I'd ideally like to be under 36 minutes for the August 1-3rd 5K that 3FC is doing. I know I can do it I'm down to ....drum roll please....159lbs and seem to be really doing well at losing...I can't recall where I was last time you were around here...but I'm thinking it was at least 20lbs higher.

Well, I just got in from the pool, have some work to do - then it's off to the gym for me! So glad you are back! Missed you tons!!! Don't leave me again!
~A
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW!! Tamara--- Glad to have you back and the pictures are fantastic!! And you look just Wonderful!! Glad to see the slimfast link back! Thanks.

Amanda, good to hear from you too. I gained 3 pounds while we were gone on vacation all of last month but I've lost it and 1 more this week! I was hoping that it wouldn't stay for long. I also have signed up for the 3FC 5K. I haven't put a time on me yet though--- I'm still trying to get used to the altitude again after being gone for so long!

Here is a pic. of Tim & I on the 28th of June at the family reunion. Just thought that I would share. I don't know about all of you but I sure haven't been too happy with the NEW slimfast site!! Things just don't seem to work right! What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1927.jpg (38.5 KB, 5 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #4  
is baaaad to the bone!

Good Morning Ladies - last night I had a good workout. I've really been pushing my running - as I would love to be able to compete in 5K's and god forbid, one day a marathon (not anytime soon though!) Last night I ran my 5k in just over 36 minutes - my goal is to be below 36 minutes by the August 1-3 5K hosted by EZMoney AKA Gary AKA Leader of Women who need to get off their arse's! I'm fairly certain that based on the pace that I am currently pushing and improving at, I should be there in time. For the 4th of July I was at 39 minutes even...then this week I have gone as low as 37 minutes - until last night, where even though I went into the gym a little overtired and sore from my previous workout (bad idea, i know!) I still managed to push myself and run run run!

I'm enjoying my SF right now as I type. Got to lay out at the pool yesterday for about an hour and got some sun. I fall asleep so quickly when I'm out there that I have to set a timer to wake me up every 30 minutes or else I'd be one fried pool girl

I don't have a lot of plans for this weekend, a little work, a little relaxation, and a bit of house cleaning. Probably won't go to the gym as I do like to take weekends off from working out in order to rest my body.

Well, hope everyone has a lovely weekend,
~A
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5'3

Well I hope I can join you ladies, I am starting my SlimFast diet tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! lol

I have been on and off Atkins but could never keep the weight off b/c I didn't stick with it the way I was supposed too. Instead of moving up in the diet like I should have, I would lose weight, go off, and back on induction. So it's time for me to start something new. I really love the concept of Slim Fast, I cant really mess it up. lol. And I know my shakes are 200 calories, so I know when I lose the weight.. how to substitute. I have never done a low calorie diet before but I am really excited to give it 100% and get this weight off. I have 2 kids that I doint want to EVER have to deal with being overweight like I have.

So, I really look forward to meeting you ladies, you are so inspirational

Take Care,
Stephanie
MarleysMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #6  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hi Stephanie - are you planning on following the slimfast plan or are you going to use it in conjunction with calorie counting? The SF Plan is basically calorie counting...some folks around here use the SF Plan exactly, others like me just count calories and "other stuff".

I 100% hear you on the Atkins thing - I am just not one to give up carbs - I tried it a few years ago, lost 20lbs really quickly, gained it all back and then some because I LOVE carbs! It's too difficult for someone like me who loves potatoes and breads!

Check in often and let us know what you are doing...are you going to be including exercise with your plan?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #7  

Oh definately, I have GOT to get myself moving again. I have an elliptical so I am going to aim for 5 days a week, start small and work my way up. I guess being on Atkins for so long, I dont even care how long this weight takes to get off, I want to make lifestyle changes to be a healthier me and I know that m,eans exercising. So baby steps it will be...I always end up burning myself out..and then kicking myself for it later.

I was initially going to just do a low calorie diet but then when I saw how different SlimFast's plan is now, I was totally impressed. It really is just a low calorie plan but they help out and take the guess work out, which is what I need right now. LOL.

Well, the SlimFast site said for me to consume about 1500 calories a day, but from my own #s I know 1000 less a day would be about 1250...so I am thinking like a good 1350-1400 a day. And I will tweak it when I am on board and see how my body reacts. Is that how you did it? You have lost a ton of weight...so I know whatever you did obviously works! LOL

Also, you know those 100 calorie packs, and the 100 calorie ice creams, are they any good?? Do you use them? I like to have a snack on hand to keep my calories where they should be, should I get a craving for something sweet.

Thanks for the warm welcome and answering my questions
Old 07-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  

Hi Stephanie! I know you will like it here and there are some really great ideas to help you. Amanda is one that has helped me so much. When I first tried Slimfast I thought I would follow their plan but then I decided to just basically do the calorie counting with it. I do go and use some of their recipes off and on. Some of them are really good. Anyway, Welcome and we look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #9  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Default slim-fast

Hi guys! Karen31 told me where to find you. Any help and support for starting a slim-fast plan will be greatly appreciated . It maybe just what I need. You all seem to have done really good with it by your weight loss. Thanks Karen31!
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #10  
is baaaad to the bone!

MarleysMama - Baby steps are definitely key. As for how I lost the weight and have not had any major *blips* along the way - I came to 3FC read all about what everyone else had to say - then worked out the best of all plans that would fit into my lifestyle. I started out just having a SF Shake for breakfast and cutting down on fast food, trying to eat healthier. With my many months (I started Sept. 2007) on the 3FC boards, I learned about Calorie Counting, Weight Watchers, South Beach, Fiber, Sodium, Protein and have incorporated all of those ideas into my plan. I basically count calories (I started out at 1200/day, but ended up at about 1400/day as I could eat that many and still lose at a good pace - although I did that backwards, you are supposed to start higher and go down from there) I also started to find my filling foods (especially those high in fiber) were more satisfying. The less sugar I was taking in (not because I count sugar, but because I was switching to higher quality foods) the less I craved it. The less I craved it, the better I found the higher quality foods tasted. Today I'm very very close to my goal and hope to be there before the middle of August. I just keep plugging along. I find new groceries to purchase by reading up on things others on 3FC do....I workout 5 nights a week for about 90 minutes. I'm running 5K's 5 nights a week on the treadmill, when a year ago I couldn't do 5 minutes on the elliptical without being out of breath. I lift weights and enjoy "my time" at the gym.

As far as 100 calorie snacks go - they are okay - I keep them around - but mostly because I bought a huge pack from Sam's Club when I first started my lifestyle change - but I honestly don't find them very satisfying - my staple junky items are the 60 calorie pudding cups (sometimes with FF Cool Whip), some nice quality dark chocolates, or Weight Watchers has some individual sized Ice Cream Cups now in a variety of flavors that are low calorie and high in fiber....

Karen - thanks for the compliments. I keep coming back here because of you guys. I hope to always be here for all of you and vice versa. I know I have lost a lot of weight (believe me, it feels great!) - but I only got here because of the help I have received at 3FC (I very strongly believe this) and I have evolved this past year by learning from everyone here. I 100% could not have done this without the support of 3FC and don't ever plan on leaving anyone here hanging - I can offer support now as much as I received when I was at the beginning of my journey.

3DMom - Karen definitely directed you to the right place. Feel free to read what I just wrote to MarleysMom and ask questions away. It's never easy to get started - but honestly - after a month or two, it gets a lot easier (I know - a month or two!!! scary sounding, right?) - in the long run, it's much worth it...if you don't do it today - 6 months from now you will be saying "if i'd started this 6 months ago, I'd have lost 30, 40, or 50lbs by now!" It happens all the time here - it is your time to change now. We can only be here to support you, give you ideas and advice through all the ups and downs. The key is that you make a commitment to yourself, to your health, and to visiting this site, it will do wonders!

Well everyone, I'm off to bed...been a long Sunday!

see you all tomorrow!
~A
Old 07-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #11  

Thanks Amanda for posting that. I'm sure it will help MarleysMama and
3DMOM a bunch! I know I always look forward to hearing from you and your lifts always come at just the right time!!

See 3DMOM --- I told you this was a GREAT place!!

Last edited by Karen31; 07-13-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #12  

Welcome 3DMom from one newbie to another! LOL

Thanks so much for that post amanda, I really appreciate it. I totally get whet you're saying though.. I really DID learn a lot from Atkins, it just wasn't for me, but I know now that I would MUCH rather have a whole wheat wrap instead of sandwich bread when I make my lunch...I'm going to start off with the lower glycemic fruits first..just a lot of knowledge that I suppose on;y experience and reading can teach us. I really do love my carbs, but I know that when all is said and done, I'm not going to be having a whole wheat bagel for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and mashed potatoes for dinner. LOL.

You are dead on with wishing you had started 6 months ago. I look back and I thought of doing this before my last attempt at Atkins and if I HAD started, I would have had a loss by now. It's dissapointing b/c I started my weightloss journey 3 years ago, 4/2005 after my son was born and had I been realistic with what i could do, I would have been at goal a long time ago. There is NO time like the present.

As far as what to expect... I am hoping for a 5 pound a month weight loss. Is this realistic?? It's bitter sweet for me too...On Atkins I could easy lose 10 pounds a month...but I know this way I can eat in the real world. Yes it will take twice as long, but if I can make small changes and still enjoy some of the things I love, and get where I want to be, I dont think I could possibly go wrong. LOL.

So enough of that... today is day number 1 for me and I have to tell you guys, it so doesnt feel like I am on a diet. I'm not anxious or doubting myself. I dont see this as a diet. It's a lifestyle change and I am just really excited.

On a side note, I make my shakes with milk as apposed to buying the premade (definately saves money) and I am NOT a fan of the vanilla! hahaha. It feels like I'm drinking thawed milk shake! LOL. So I think I am going to try it in the blender tomorrow with ice like the back suggests. I am excited for my chocolate one with lunch though I am disappointed that I cant find the coffee ones anymore.

Okay enough rambling....you ladies have a fantastic day!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #13  

Good Morning!! MarleyMama--- I also use the powdered shakes and add fat free milk to them. I LOVE the Chocolate Royale and also I use the French Vanilla but the vanilla I put in the blended with the fat free milk and strawberries!!! YUMMMY!!! I didn't like the vanilla plain either..

I hope everyone has a good day and I need to get to work in case we have any "looky loos" on the house or the 5th wheel today. Have a good one and I'll check back later..
Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #14  

So I am offically CERTAIN I am going to be just fine....

I cannot believe that I am actually STUFFED right now, I just had the best lunch I have had in a LONG time. LOL

My chocolate shake plus 200 calories..well instead of bread, I use whole wheat wraps, 90 cal each! I take an ounce of turkey breast (40 cal) and 1 slice of cheese (60 cal) and cut it all up, an oz of lettuce, 1.5 oz of tomato, and a tiny smear of mustard...and VOILA! I had the yummiest wrap ever! What even better... it was 203 calories! Unbelieveable!

I have come to realize that my biggest snacking time is not so much at night like it used to be, it is around10 am...I just get up and walk into the kitchen and mindlessly munch. I was going to have a banana or a yogurt, as the SF website says I can have 3 snacks a day, but I want to break that habit of snacking then...so I stuck it out just to prove to myself that while I could have something perfectly healthy, I wasnt hungry so I didn't eat it. I am very proud of myself right now.

Okay enough out of me. I am so thankful that I found you ladies
Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies, It has been a good day here. I did get another box packed and keep thinking that this will make it so much easier when we get the house sold. But I'm running out of things that I can pack that we can do without!!

MarleysMAMA and 3DMOM ---- I don't know if you have checked out Fitday.com yet but it is a pretty good site to track everything. I know I've got frustrated with the new slimfast site and am so glad to have fitday. It is a free site to use and they also have a download version too. I did download the version and I really like it. I ws able to keep track when I was on vacation even though I didn't have internet everywhere. Just thought that I would mention that to you.

Well, I did my Gazelle tonight and my legs are telling me so! Or maybe it was the treadmill yesterday!! But trying to get built back up for the 3FC-5K again. Have you seen that? It is really motivating and you don't have to do the whole thing at once,you can walk, run, treadmill just about anything that you want to do. Check it out.

Have a good night!