Old 07-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Help! Calorie counting just aint cutting it!

Hey all,

I have lost 120lbs doing calorie counting. I was doing so well in my journey but then life took a twist. I went through some changes...stress and etc. Anyway 20lbs came back. Well, I am ready to get back on track BUT it is super hard. It feels like it is too much a journey. Instead of losing 30 pounds NOW I have to lose 50. I know I did this to myself but now I cant get truly back on track. I have all these clothes (my next size) that seem so far away!! Anywho, I don think that I can restart with the calorie counting. I would like to try something different for the next 6 months, to get this remaining weight off AND then maybe go back to calorie counting for maintenance. I got two books form the library: YOU on a Diet and The 12 Second Sequence by Jorge Cruise. Anyone, doing this? Any other suggestions. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. I am eating my last bag of sunflower seeds tonight (salt)!! I need all the suport I can get. I dont want to go back where I cam from. I still have my 100 popund loss but for some reason I feel hopeless. I am not gaining ANYMORE but how do I get to losing again? Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Ann
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAthena View Post
Hey all,

I have lost 120lbs doing calorie counting. I was doing so well in my journey but then life took a twist. I went through some changes...stress and etc. Anyway 20lbs came back. Well, I am ready to get back on track BUT it is super hard. It feels like it is too much a journey. Instead of losing 30 pounds NOW I have to lose 50. I know I did this to myself but now I cant get truly back on track. I have all these clothes (my next size) that seem so far away!! Anywho, I don think that I can restart with the calorie counting. I would like to try something different for the next 6 months, to get this remaining weight off AND then maybe go back to calorie counting for maintenance. I got two books form the library: YOU on a Diet and The 12 Second Sequence by Jorge Cruise. Anyone, doing this? Any other suggestions. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. I am eating my last bag of sunflower seeds tonight (salt)!! I need all the suport I can get. I dont want to go back where I cam from. I still have my 100 popund loss but for some reason I feel hopeless. I am not gaining ANYMORE but how do I get to losing again? Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Ann
Wow, 120 lbs is an AWESOME loss! Congrats on that. If you did that with calorie counting, what makes you think it won't work to lose 50 with calorie counting? Have you also been excersizing? Or just calorie counting?

I don't have much experience with any other diets, I've only done calorie counting and I've lost just over 50 lbs. It does work, when done correctly.

Good Luck!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh Ann Sorry you've had a set back. I happen to be a calorie counter, so I won't comment on what plan you shoud use.

I did want to ask if you've added exercise into your plan yet? Not only will it help with your weight loss, but it does a lot more for mood and attitude.

I learned a lot for Jillian Michaels' (trainer from the Biggest Loser) book Winning by Losing - it has an eating plan as well as a 12 week workout plan.

on 100 pounds lost, you are so close to Onederland.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

:hugs: I am sorry you are struggling, but at least you stopped the bleeding!

I have read the YOU on a diet. Good book, and sound eating plan in there. I know there are some people here that follow that plan in the groups section.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Well, I love South Beach, but I do not own any stock, and you need to find something that will work for you. SB does not require any calorie counting, but I don't know about many other plans, and I'm sure some of them do not either. In any case I just wanted to wish you the best finding the right plan and getting back in the groove. You have done an amazing thing losing 120 lbs, so you know you can do this once you get your head in the right place.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Thanks all!

Chick and Born. I lost the weight with both diet and exercise. I worked out 4-5 times a week 45-60 minutes each time, cardio. I have got to get my groove back!! After losing the weight I do like to work out! I am going to go grocery shopping in the morning and get back on track...I hope!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

You can do it - you've come so FAR!! Beyond cardio - try adding in weight training. Muscle keeps your metabolism revved.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey RoyalAthena! Nice to see you here again!

Here is a link to the part of 3fc where the "YOU: On a Diet" folks have some threads, if you want to look into that more.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Listen, I know you can take those pounds off! Just hang on now, get your good foods tomorrow at the store, and you'll be on your way!

Don't be a stranger!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hey RoyalAthena,

You are awesome, you can stop the bleeding and get back on track. Think back to the beginning, how hard it was to take the first steps and how far you have come. It should be at least a little easier now! (After all, would you have said before you liked exercising?)

You can do it!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Whatever you choose to do, I think it makes sense to think about what you will do for life! I'm not sure it makes sense to do something new to lose weight and then switch back to calorie counting!

It sounds like you just need to get your mojo back. Sometimes it helps to take baby steps if you're overwhelmed. Pick one or two things to change NOW, and then after a few days, add in something else, and get your groove back!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Just one day at a time. Each day truly is a success in itself. I also have to try hard not to think about how much I have left to lose so I don't get overwhelmed.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Royal Athena...first of all, congrats of losing the weight. Sometimes, it's hard to get our groove back after a setback.

Sometimes a change up can help. I am a calorie counter myself.

I don't know exactly what to do...except that I wish you well in this next part of your health journey. You CAN do this.

Remember - it's just one day at a time.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

So glad that you caught yourself before you gained any more. You have done an awesome job so far and you can do it to get rid of that last 50 lbs. You look great!
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #14  

How about trying weight watchers? Its somewhat like calorie counting, but easier (in my opinion).... Congrats on your 120lbs weight loss!

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #15  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! Why not look into the No S diet? It's on the website by the same name. It may be of some help to you. GOd Bless you with success.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote