Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default back but with such guilt

I know people mess up while dieting but I seem to mess up more than I succeed. I sometimes think I am destined to be 200 pounds and out of shape because it's where my body goes to when I am not beating it into submission. I guess I am just frustrated and feeling bad that I gained 12 pounds. Any words of advice?
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

cakses! Where you been, girl? Don't tell me you been out there on the streets chasin' around with those lowlife highcal devil foods! Nooooo, say it isn't so, cakses!

OK. What do you think I'm going to say? Yep, something like that... Twelve pounds... OK... But you didn't go aaaalllll the way back, did you? So you're still ahead of things, AND you've come back here! That tells me you don't want to backslide any more.

C'mon, cakses, dust off the FitDay or whatever you were using... Get out those workout shoes... Start again! You know you can! You're NOT doomed to stay 200, you know you're not!

Stick around with us... join an accountability thread or a daily check-in... We're here!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Got any advice? HA! of course I do....you know that

GET IN MY NEXT 5K and MOVE IT - MOVE IT - LOSE IT!

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad to see you back! Your first step to getting rid of those nasty little lbs. that crept back.

Jay is right - get back OP and posting on 3FC - you will be seeing 190 before you know it!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

That you came back (not only here, but to getting back on track) before you gained it all back (plus some extra) actually means you're already AHEAD of "most" dieters.

I really think one of the reasons that some people give up is a sense that the problems they're facing aren't "normal."

"Everyone else is doing so much better than I am!" Many of us think it, and most of us are wrong. And even when it's true, at best the answer has to be so, what? Do what you can, and the rest generally will follow.

I really think the only "secret" that applies to virtually everyone, no matter how much they want to lose, and how many times they've tried before, is keep trying, and don't give up. Everything else is trial and error.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Yeah, what kaplods said! And also EZ! Dare ya to join his 5K! Dare ya dare ya!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yes, we all just have to KEEP at it!

I was happy to see your name again Cakses, I noticed you were gone.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Split your day up

Are you having trouble staying on your plan? Maybe this will help: I split my day up. At about 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon I have an iced coffee from Starbucks. Hardly any calories. That is the big treat, money-wise, that I allow myself every day no matter what. It is what I look forward to. After I have my big treat, I am usually not hungry for a good three to four hours. It has really helped me with my weight loss. Your day splitter can be anything, a movie rental, a diet drink like diet coke (not the healthiest), maybe a Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate - sugar free of course or no sugar added, maybe even a cookie.

When I was younger, I would allow myself one package of Grandma's cookies and a diet coke every day at my lunch break. I was way more active then and was still able to maintain my weight. Good luck! Don't be hard on yourself; you have already lost 20 pounds.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Wellll ... I've been in maintainers and gained back 30 lbs.

You'll be hard pressed to find a successfully slim person who didn't take a few runs at weight loss before it finally clicked.

I have to believe that along the way I've learned stuff I'll never forget. Both beneficial and detrimental to my final slimness.

Something I've learned is to never stray very far from 3FC. Even if I fall off the wagon, I can't stay off. Not knowing what I know and reading what I see here.

I'll never understand folks who leave because they are struggling. That's what we're here for ... to help with the struggle.

Don't leave us!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #10  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

First of all, don't beat yourself up. If this were easy, we would all be our ideal weight. I think that is is pretty safe to say that we all have starts and stops. Times when we soar and do well and times when we fall and need help picking ourselves back up and moving forward with our plan. Okay. You fell, but you are back, ready to go forward.

You know what to do. You can do it.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #11  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone. I am back to working out and eating a bit better but I have the most stubborn body so it'll take a while to lose these pounds. I'm glad I got back online though!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote