General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 08:26 PM   #1  

On the WW Personal Selection plan, I was able to lose weight and I'd like to try again. Anyone interested in joining me? Here is the food breakdown that I used to follow:
3-5 protein
4-6 bread
3 fat
2 fruit
3 or more veggies
2- Milk
700 calories per week
14 personal selections per week
Have I left anything out?
The first week was Quick Start and I lost 6 pounds. I can't remember it too well now but I know I followed the book exactly-and ate whatever the breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack suggestions were in the book every day. I don't have that info. anymore so I don't know the Quickstart options anymore. I'm not as disciplined anymore either so Quickstart for a week probably wouldn't work for me anyway.
Old 01-13-2001, 09:47 AM   #2  

I am new to this bulletin board. I would like to join you on the WW Personal Selection Diet. I too was on it several years ago and had very good success with it.
Old 01-14-2001, 04:05 AM   #3  

What plan are you following. Mine is:
4-6 breads
3-5 proteins
3 fats
2 fruits
3 or more veggies
2 milk

700 optional calories/week
14 personal selections/week

Shall we check in 2 (or more) a week for a discussion of how we're doing and a weight check?
Old 01-14-2001, 06:35 AM   #4  

What is the Personal Plan? I'm researching Weight Watchers and other healthier eating plans....but I need information.

Thanks.
Riddle
Old 01-14-2001, 09:07 PM   #5  

I am using the same plan as you. I am starting today! I made out a chart to write down what I eat and to mark it off at the bottom as that seems to help me a lot. I joined TOPS a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had much luck with out something to follow. It is only 25 cents a week, much cheaper than WW and I do well if I get weighed weekly. Weighing at home, I find myself on the scale all of the time and I get discouraged if I don't see results. Many times I want better results than is possible and I get discouraged. I really feel that this is a very good and healthy eating plan. I really need to gain some control.
I get weighed on Tues. evenings so I will check in with you and let you know how I did. How about checking in on Friday or Sat. to help with the week-end? Let me know what works for you?
How much do you want to lose?
Old 01-15-2001, 04:20 AM   #6  
Dave Matthews Addict

Riddle,
The Personal Selection Plan is an older version of Weight Watchers that's very similar to the American Dietetic Association's exchange program. Some were very successful on it, and others weren't.

For that reason, Weight Watchers created the 1-2-3 Success plan. Under 1-2-3, each food is assigned a "POINTS" value, based on the amount of calories, fiber, and fat the food contains. The idea is that each person needs a certain amount of POINTS to lose weight. Foods like vegetables and fruits are either free, meaning they have 0 points, or low points (1-2 points), so that you can eat more of them and fill up. 1-2-3 Success offers more freedom than the Personal Selection plan, which most people like.

Scroll down to the WW section of the 3FC board to get a better idea of what WW is all about!

Kendra
198/193/140
Old 01-15-2001, 08:39 AM   #7  

Is this the same Tired of being fat that is on the Richard Simmons message board? Which is working best for you? Weight Watchers or Richard Simmons?
Old 01-15-2001, 07:43 PM   #8  

Yes this is the same one and I'm doing them together. I think both programs are very similar so I've upped my calorie card to 1600 calories which gives me exchanges of everything to follow the WW personal selection plan.
I've just started today as I had been trying to give 123 a try.
Old 01-15-2001, 07:44 PM   #9  

I weight myself Tuesday mornings so maybe Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning we could posts our weight and losses/gains and provide some kind of support/encouragement to each other once the weights are posted. A friday checkin would be good also.
Old 01-15-2001, 07:50 PM   #10  

mom10,
Do you remember how the PS plan started? I can recall that we were given a certain number of exchanges during the 1st 2 weeks and then those exchanges were reduced but we were then given personal selections and optional calories. Do you remember this or am I making this up?
Old 01-16-2001, 07:44 AM   #11  

Tired Of Being Fat,
I do remember that, but I'm not sure what it was. I think it was pretty close to the basic plan without the personal selections or the optional calories. I just started out with the basic plan plus the personal selections and optional calories because I am really out of control and that will be hard enough for me. I am 5'4" and at WW they had me down to weigh between 114-134. Believe me if I got down to 134 that would be more than I could ever hope for. Right now I have a tad more than 50 pounds to lose, so I am going to be working at this for quite a long time.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:52 PM   #12  

I'm posting my weigh in result:

Starting Weight- 188
Today's Weigh-In- 186.5
Goal Weight- 150
Old 01-17-2001, 08:20 AM   #13  

I'm posting my weigh in results.

Starting weight 189
Todays weight 184 1/2
I am so excited, I lost 4 1/2 pounds

It sounds like we are very close!! Have a great week and I will check back in a few days if not sooner.
Old 01-20-2001, 02:28 AM   #14  

Tired Of Being Fat,
How is your week going? I am on track, not perfect, but in control. I don't have any plans this weekend that are going to make it extra hard so I am hoping that all will go well. Have a good weekend. I am pulling for you!!
Old 01-21-2001, 12:48 AM   #15  

Hi mom10,
Its taking me awhile to get back into the seing of things but I am trying. I have seemed to be able to cut my snacking down a lot during the week. The weekend is a different story. I have been keeping track of my selections using the Richard Simmons Foodmover and allowing myself if necessary 3 personal selections a day. I haven't used the 100 calories.
Thanks for the support. Good luck to you too. What is your goal weight?
Closed Thread