Old 07-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default In need of a portable Induction/Ph 1 depending on your woe breakfast

I was thinking of making Chicken legs to have for breakfast cold.
Does anyone have a good non messy recipe? Also Should I have a LC veggie with that? Next week I'm having surgery so I want stuff that's grabbable and satiating.
I'll be home but I wont' be on my feet much and Eggs aren't really doing it for me lately
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I bought a package of celery, cut them into strips and packaged serving sizes into ziploc baggies for the same reason (well not the surgery but the quick easy veg-on-the-go for breakfast part).
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #3  

Bumping for more suggestions. Started today as my first day back from a LONG LONG vacation and today had 2 boiled eggs. But I don't think I can stick with that for the rest of my life!

Any other breakfast suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #4  
Miss Fatty McFat

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 6'0"

Default Day 3

Hello all- well you asked what i am having for dinner on atkins induction- i had chicken salad- delicious- it's always been my favorite thing and i make it very rarely- but so glad i'm cooking again- it's calming after a long day at work
I'm on day 3- i am not looking at the scale until day 14- since my husband has hidden it per my instructions
My first day at work was great! it was short, everyone looks like a model, so i thought well i'm just insane- but it seems that i am not! they have head shots at their desks, some are trying to get onto tv shows, and many have modeled in the past- good grief.
everyone there is dieting!!!! nutrisystem, jenny craig, low-carbing it, restricting, everything you can possibly imagine, and lots of diet pills- all chicks!
so, i'll be honest, i'm not shocked- but eveyrone is very nice- suprisingly- i'm happy at that!
then i went to my other job- teaching online and graded about 30 term papers- which has drained what little energy i have left-I'M TIRED!! and i don't know if it's because of the diet or because of the work-probably both- don't know if i'm in ketosis yet- don't have any weird taste in my mouth-
we'll see how this goes- but i know i'm following it
is there any other way of finding out (besides the ketone sticks and the breath)?
thanks everyone!!! and good luck!!!!WE CAN DO IT!
-me
iwillbethin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Portables for KO:
Have you tried boiled eggs?
Cheddar cheese/mozzerella/other type of cheese snack sizes?
How about asking the deli to cut big thick slabs of ham/turkey/roast beef/chicken, bring it home and cube it then place in individual serving size baggies?
How about using a thick lettuce and making a lettuce wrap (meat, cheese, mustard or mayo and some greenery) and preslicing into small circles - perfect for bite size.
Breakfast ideas for Jessie:

Have you looked in the recipes section? I see a recipe for huevos rancheros I added today and another called 'yummy breakfast'. Both are made with egg but who says you have to have egg every morning? When I was on induction (and even after) some mornings I'd just eat some sausage and some celery.

Take a look around the recipes section, I'm sure there are more ideas than just the two I got at first glance.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

One of the things I've enjoyed tho I'm not sure if its induction friendly Boca vegan burgers they are 70 calories and have 13 grams of protein I have to check the carbs I like boca b/c they're individually wrapped so I can nuke it and run. I'm not really following any plan right now except for counting calories. I've got to get some things worked out first
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #7  

I eat a lot of left overs for breakfast. I'm allergic to eggs which limits me if I'm trying to eat real "breakfast food". My favorite is burgers - just the burgers and maybe some cheese, but it's pretty messy. Sometimes I take a cold pork chop and eat it in the car on the way to the gym. That's not messy at all. Lots of times I eat breakfast at work and I know they think I'm crazy when I pull out a burger or a pork chop for breakfast. I also buy some pre-cooked sausage patties (in the freezer section) but they have have a couple of carbs. When I cook, I make a lot of leftovers that I can eat for breakfast and/or lunch. I don't usually eat veggies with breakfast since I almost always have a salad for lunch and some kind of low carb veggie for dinner.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #8  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Chicken breasts?

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts grilled outside the evening before. Leftovers cut into strips?

Chicken salad / tuna salad packed to go?

Allergy to eggs makes it tough!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #9  

KO do you then just eat the boca burger with your fingers? I am struggling with not having a "sandwich".
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #10  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Protein shakes are convenient for on the go - just be sure to check the carb count because a lot of them have carbs from sweeteners. I've heard many people recommend the Jay Robb brand protein shakes, they have zero carbs.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote