South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Happenings On the Beach

Good Morning! It looks like the day is shaping up to be a good one. I have a load of laundry going and want to get out in the garden early to do some deadheading and pruning, then I'll have the rest of the day to play. We're thinking of going to Cape May for the weekend, I have to do a little more prodding at Jake first, all work and no play makes for a very dull DH!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Cluckings

Cottage and I are probably posting at the same time again. We seem to be on the same wave-length.

Nice day in town yesterday for Disney's "debut" with my friend and her dogs. We had a nice lunch and I was home by five for a nice relaxing evening. I fell asleep on the couch by 7:15 and woke to the phone at 8!

Lots happening today aside from garbage pick-up. Disney goes for her first haircut at nine, I have planting at the Fairgrounds, I need to open the Hall for a meeting at one, pick up Disney at 3, be home for Margo and Elaine of the Hyper Pypers to arrive with Bailey their dog. (Bailey is Hershey's daughter and will be staying with me until Tuesday next. The Hyper Pypers are good friends: two adults and two teens plus dog - and they came by their name honestly!) I also have a Fair planning meeting at 7 which I may have to skip. It should be interesting to have a three dog household for a while. I hope my Disney's haircut isn't too traumatic - she has lots of mats so will be cut very short.

The dogs are still asleep. Time to wake them up and crank up the day!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup - simulposting again. Have fun at the Cape, Cottage. Prod that Jake hard! I can borrow a cattle prod from a neighbour if you need it.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll pay the postage on that cattle prod, Ruth. Send it Overnight Express. The man just does not want to go anyplace anymore. He's perfectly content just staying at home. At least he doesn't mind me going off on my own, and I usually do.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage & Ruth
I've got a pot of Fogbuster just finishing up - anyone want a cup? This stuff lives up to its name

Cottage - I've always wanted to go to Cape May. I just can't figure out how to get there without driving through every major East Coast city! I'll chip in for the postage on that cattle prod!

Ruth - If you've got a little extra time I've got a perennial bed that needs serious work. Hope Disney's hair cut goes well. Have a good day!

Cat - A new kitchen toy! Can't wait to hear about it.

Kim - Wow, I'm looking forward to more pictures! Are you considering ebay or anything online?

Another day here but cooler and much less humid. I'm having work issues but hope those will pass soon one way or another. I hate getting stressed about going to work

My squash pancakes worked well. I just couldn't be bothered with a recipe so tossed things into a bowl. It's always nice when that works out and scary when it doesn't

Have a good day Chicks
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks. I have about 1.5 minutes on the computer as they are already at me to use it.....lol. It is rainy here so they are going to need lots to keep them busy, I think we will do some beading this afternoon and then maybe a movie. I have a million things to do as my dad comes tomorrow. And I am so excited. So today I need to do a quick clean up as the major stuff is done, a little laundry and make a menu plan for the week. Well I have to go, the wee ones are hanging over my shoulder so my time is up.... I will pop back in when they are having lunch if my youngest dd will let me. Have a great day chicks.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!! Kind of in a rush this morning to get work done. My husband is now working 4-10's so he is off today and I wanna get work out of the way so we can go play somewhere today.

It's day 3 on the Jillian Micheal's shred and I'm still in pain from it, but good pain, you know??? What doesn't kill us makes us better, right???

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-10-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey gals....

holding my own

don't forget to patch your windows machines... its' critical security patch week for Microsoft... today is letter day for me.

not losing weight but firming up i think... thighs really hurt from all the wii fit balance work i'm doing... oy....

gotta run
love ya all.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies. Holy crap I'm tired. I got plenty of rest but it was broken up. Tom came home from a travel meeting late and then was on the phone for awhile, so he didn't want to go to bed when we usually do. So I stayed on the couch with my feet in his lap and went to sleep while he watched a movie. He got me up at midnight to go to bed. YAWN. He's still sleeping but so is Little Guy, who didn't get to bed until 9 or so, which is pretty late for him. I'll let them sleep.

Still being good food-wise, miraculously. I tried to go overboard last night by making a huge thing of broccoli to put cheese sauce on, but once the broccoli was done, I looked at it and the thought of eating anymore made me ill. I suppose that's a good thing.

Well, I'm going to start getting ready for work. Hope everybody is having a good day.

Lisa
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning chicks! the weekend will be here before we know it.

Cottage i hope you make your weekend trip

Ruth sounds like another busy day for you

Cyndi on your work situation

LC enjoy your time with your dad

Cat sounds like your holding your own - hang in there as the reward has to be great

Hi Nessa

Not a thing going on my way which I guess is a good thing
Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Good morning everyone! I am getting nervous about staying on track this weekend with all the social events I have to attend (I used to be a weekend binger). I am just going to keep thinking about how I can't even button my shorts and jeans anymore every time I want to reach for something not on the plan.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, looks pretty out there today! I want to get two loads of laundry on the line and scrub the kitchen, that's my big excitement for the day...
We didn't get to the pool last night and I didn't get myself motivated to walk either so feeling guilty about that, especially since I had a spot-on perfect food day. Kids start their summer horseback riding schedule tonight. Maybe pool after.
cat and cottage, wish I could come and play too. Have fun!
Nessa and cat are making me feel ashamed. In a good way. Let's see if it works for motivation.
Cyndi, the pancakes sound yum. I've gotta pick some zukes this morning, thanks for the reminder. And yes, fogbuster sounds just perfect this morning.
Wow, Ruth, I am jealous of your sleep. Have fun with the dogs and the Pypers.
Have a great day with the kiddies, lc! Hope you get your computer back sometime!

Wow, mega-simulpost!
Plan ahead thunder, and make sure you take stuff to eat!
Hi weezle, binging on broccoli is okay though right?
Have a great day gonna!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-10-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Thursday!

Cottage - Get that man moving!!! Going to the Cape I'm sure would be fun. Here's to hoping he finds motivation to go!

Ruth - You have a super busy day! I'm tired just reading about it. I hope all goes well with the 3 critters.

Cyndi - Sorry to hear things aren't great at work.....I hope they clear up soon. Glad to hear that the pancakes were a success. I always feel so good when I do something like that and it turns out well. Good job!

l/c - Beading and a movie sounds like my kind of day. I hope you're able to get the cleaning done in the process.

Cat - Have a great day with dh. I hope you're able to get your work done quickly .

Nessa -Balancing is such a good way to strengthen and tone. Good job! Keep it up! Is dh being better today???

Weezle - Did you throw the broccoli away? If you didn't, I would make an egg casserole w/ broccoli, egg, and cheese. There are lost of recipes out there for it. And then that way you're not going to waste perfectly good food.

Gonna - Morning!!!! Any word from the Dr.?

Thunder - As Schmoodle said, plan ahead. And I would suggest that you also get some gum. I find that if I'm chewing gum I don't snack or graze, which is usually my downfall. Good luck!

Schmoodle - I hope you find the motivation to exercise today. We all struggle with that, so do your best to get a move on! And have fun with your chores as well!

ME - Is it possible to be on one plateau for about 3 weeks, loose a good 7-8 pounds in 2 weeks and then go into another plateau??? I feel like that's what's happened to me. I ate really well yesterday and the scale didn't move. Maybe I should step away from weighing for a week or two? Any suggestions? Got all laundry done last night, so tonight I pack. But before packing dh and I are going to dinner and I've got a chiropractic appointment. It'll be a full evening.
Have a great Thursday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Ruth, Cottage and Cyndi,

Looks to be a nice day today- busy at work but it is almost the weekend.

Got a good workout last night so I feeling good, hoping to do the same today.

Have a great day
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

hmac, I think it's entirely possible. Seems like that's what I'm doing these days. No loss for a few weeks, then drop a few overnight. Weird, but whatever... As long as they are coming off!
Closed Thread