General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Unhappy sad

Before I even had a chance to announce that I was about to be a grandma again, My daughter miscarried the baby. She is devastated and angry and I am sad and unable to reach her. She won't even let me hug her. I guess I just need to let her deal with it her own way and let her know I am here for her but I am very sad, I had started a blanket and everything. I will take it apart now since she's seen it and maybe start another for a potential baby in the future since she did say they will try again in a few months. She herself is in good health and no reason why not. Its just sad that with the first two babies she had perfect pregnancies, smoking like a chimney, and now that she stopped smoking and got pregnant again and lost this one it just seems so unfair!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

So sorry. My only suggestion is to try and impress on her that is not her fault.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #3  

My DD and DIL both lost babies this spring. It was the first for my DD who is 33 and 2nd for my DIL. It is really sad. I don't think they will try again for awhile.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225

Height: 5'6"

Pixiesue,
I also had a miscarriage several years ago and it is a very painful experience. I had also had two easy pregnancies and two healthy babies. I miscarried what would have been our third child. Bargoo is right. There is no reason for this and it is not your daughter's fault. But she needs to deal with that fact on her own. There's nothing anyone can say that will make her arrive at that conclusion any sooner that she is ready to. I would suggest giving your daughter some room to deal with this. Don't take the blanket apart yet. Wait and see what she wants you to to with it. You both have my sympathy, but know that it will get better. I also went on to have a third child and he is such a blessing to me. But be aware that even if your daughter gets pregnant again, it will not erase some of the feelings about the miscarriage. It gets better, but it never goes away. My prayers are with your family.

Last edited by susaninohio; 07-09-2008 at 10:26 AM.
susaninohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, it's such a difficult thing to go through, for everyone involved.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #6  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

Just want to send you and your family hugs and love. Its a horrible time and so hard to find the right words.

xxxxx
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/207/165

Height: 5' 3"

She might want to check out the many miscarriage boards and sites out there. She might not be ready yet but maybe it's a place you can find some comfort.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhmiscarriag

I'm sorry for your loss.
msroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Thanks everyone
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lots of hugs to you and your family.

I would suggest not taking the blanket apart. I know it's hard on some but there are some who want to remember and want to have something to remember the baby by. And I too would suggest the websites...she can find others who have gone and are going thru the same thing.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote