South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Default peanut butter cup :(

So, I caved in (after only a few days on Phase I) and had one miniature peanut butter cup last night. While I am amazed I could stop at one, I am upset that I couldn't resist it at all. Now what do I do? Start Phase I again or just extend it for another day? I would like to hear what the experienced sb'ers have to say on this. Help me please!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and learn from this. One minature PB cup won't undo everything you have done so far. Do you have the necessary stuff for the PB cup here in the recipe section? SF fudge bar, natural PB and cool whip? Let me tell you they were my saving grace in the early days! I had one every night and it seemed to do the trick for me! Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

This is just my opinion of course, but I would not restart Ph1 over 1 mini peanut butter cup. I would continue on, but carefully monitor my cravings to be sure they are gone by the end of Ph1. If not, maybe extend a few days, but I think if the rest of your Ph1 is clean, you should be fine.
Have you seen the Ph1 dessert recipes? There are several that are peanut butter-chocolate combinations. I really like the warm brownie.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-09-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Hey thunder.. Have you checked out some of the Phase 1 dessert recipes? If it wasn't for some of them I'd never survive. (warm brownie is my new best friend)

When I have a sweet craving - I always try to make once of those recipes... Part of my incentive is I know that I will feel horrible/hung over/sluggish if I eat off plan.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #5  

LOL, great minds Steph!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Thanks everyone. My problems is that I can't stand the thought or taste of artificial sweeteners so I am not sure what to do about the sweet cravings. I may have to get over this and just try one of the dessert recipes because I am struggling right now.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #7  

thunder, you are in the hard part right now, kicking the sweets/carb addiction. It will get better in a few days if you stick with it. You will be amazed that you won't even want the stuff. And you will find that your tastes will change so you won't need much sweetener to make stuff taste sweet to you. You will be able to use just a little splenda, or once you are in Ph2 you can experiment with stevia or agave nectar, which are natural sweeteners.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/165/140

Thunder, I'm not sure who on here will agree with me but here goes...
I would say stick with Phase I for an extra couple of days. If you're doing this as a lifestyle change, you really want to get the sugar and junk out of your system. I did GREAT on Phase I. Never hungry and by day 4 the cravings were just flat-out GONE. I was on Phase 2 for 4 days...Then, July 4 and a ton of family. I did great until we had BBQ on the 5th. We live in Texas so we had the traditional slow-cooked brisket (fatty meat), BBQ sauce (sugar) baked beans (read brown sugar), and potato salad (white potatoes). Plus I gave into peer pressure and made homemade salsa which isn't so bad except for the corn chips. One meal and I'm still having cravings. I went back to Phase I and am just about over the cravings again.

BUT...It is a change. Over and over in the book he says if you go off plan and eat something you shouldn't, just cowboy up and get back on the horse. Well, maybe not his exact words but you see what I mean.

I agree with you on the artificial sweeteners but I have been using about 1/2 package of S&L for the ricotta dessert. I don't use any others and I figure when I get to the point where I can occasionally treat myself with real sugar I'll have the self-control to know how to use it.

Do try that chocolate ricotta dessert if you haven't and use the saccharine for now, just use about half. It took me a while to get used to the texture but now I just love it. And it really fills you up if you're still a little hungry at night.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #9  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Are you kidding? I am a successful SBer from way back, and I had several cheats. I did P1 for 3 weeks, but I would have regardless. You're only human. I found that the sugar free candies are a saving grace. I keep a small stash of the SF pb mini cups, and if I really can't take it, I pop one. This should only be done VERY occasionally, but it helps to alleviate some guilt.

The OP is right, just pick yourself up and move forward. You can do it!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

There are quite a few desserts here that don't use artificial sweeteners...
Closed Thread