Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 AM   #1  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Lost My "AccountabiliBuddy"

So when I started this journey, my best friend and I made a pact to report back to each other every night - what we ate, exercise, how we were feeling. We live in different states, so we've been posting reports on Facebook.

About a 10 days ago, she completely disappeared on me - no response to my posts, no email explaining her absence. I don't know if she fell of the wagon and doesn't want to talk about it, if she went on vacation and negelected to tell me, or what.

Since she disappeared, I've found it harder to stay OP. In fact, I was off-plan ALL DAY yesterday, and although I ate well this morning and afternoon, I went off-plan again tonight.

I guess the lesson is I need to be accountable to myself. It's just harder. I want to lose the weight, but no one around me really cares if I do or not. I really want to meet the goal I set for Labor Day in the Calorie Counters forum, and that's not gonna happen if I keep doing this.

I miss my accountabilibuddy!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #2  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

I know how that is, it really kinda sucks when your accountibilibuddy goes MIA... It's happened to me before, when I was dieting with my mom. That one was particularly hard on me, and once again I fell off the wagon eventually.

I pretty much refuse to rely on anyone else when I diet now, just because I always end up dissapointed.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Well, on the bright side you lost 1/3 of your goal. Maybe the motivation from that will be enough to keep you in check.

Sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully everything is alright. Maybe she's just having computer problems or something.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Happened to me too. And it's worse when you don't know what happened. Did they just want to stop? is something wrong? I wish people would just, please, e-mail and tell you.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Don't worry. When you post here everyone is your accountabilibuddy!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's about you and you alone. Yes, it's too bad your buddy has dropped out, but for you to give up, too, is simply your defeat.

Your weight loss program has to be something that's independent of what other people do or don't do, what they say or don't say, what they eat or don't eat.

If you're looking for real-world support, you could join Weight Watchers or TOPS or some other local program. But whether you do or not, it's up to you to keep going. No one else.

Good luck! Don't give up! You hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #7  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Don't worry. When you post here everyone is your accountabilibuddy!
So true. Which is why I posted last night - so I could get it off my chest and get back on track. I will NOT go off-plan today!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote