Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 397/394/160

Height: 5"7'

Unhappy Starting over...again

I'm only 24 years old and have a big stamp of "OBESE" on my forehead. Why? I weigh 394 pounds. When my son was born, I was the heaviest I've ever been - 415.6 pounds. Since then I have lost some weight but it is not enough. Now I'm at a rut - spending way too much money via Weight Watchers. The only weight I had lost with Weight Watchers has been 5 pounds in 11 weeks. Shouldn't this go a bit better? I have seen the other women who come and they are losing faster. Maybe it is the medium pizza and the cinnamon sticks I had last night. I was at work and I was doing great. I had 2L of water, had healthy choice for supper and then the craving came on. For some reason, I had to have pizza hut. I wish there was a way to ban me from delivery places for a while. Until I can control my hunger. Until then, I'm wishing I can fit into a size 22 for my friend's wedding in June of 2009. Maybe I can do it? Please help. I need a good kick in the butt.
GeekyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Geekylove - 5 pounds in 11 weeks is really a great weight loss! You can't compare your pace to anyone else's.

How many times do you eat a pizza hut or delivery places each week? Why don't you make it your goal to make gradual changes. If you eat out there 4 times a week, make a deal with yourself to cut it down to 2. It takes time to develop the healthy habits and make them stick, and even then - there will be times you will go off course a bit. The key is to get back on track right away.

Re: spending too much money at WW. The meetings aren't that much per month - are you spending money on all the WW products at the grocery store? Those do add up, and honestly - there are much better food choices to spend your points on than the WW brand foods.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyLove View Post
I'm only 24 years old and have a big stamp of "OBESE" on my forehead. Why? I weigh 394 pounds. When my son was born, I was the heaviest I've ever been - 415.6 pounds. Since then I have lost some weight but it is not enough. Now I'm at a rut - spending way too much money via Weight Watchers. The only weight I had lost with Weight Watchers has been 5 pounds in 11 weeks. Shouldn't this go a bit better? I have seen the other women who come and they are losing faster. Maybe it is the medium pizza and the cinnamon sticks I had last night. I was at work and I was doing great. I had 2L of water, had healthy choice for supper and then the craving came on. For some reason, I had to have pizza hut. I wish there was a way to ban me from delivery places for a while. Until I can control my hunger. Until then, I'm wishing I can fit into a size 22 for my friend's wedding in June of 2009. Maybe I can do it? Please help. I need a good kick in the butt.
Welcome to the site. You've come to the right place for support. Stick around and post more. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

We have a whole forum section devoted to WW. You might want to check in over there and see if anyone has tips for you.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

The thing is, you have to follow the WW program to have it work. From what you've said, it sounds like you've been tossing it out the window when your pizza craving comes on. Needless to say, that's counterproductive... You can undo a whole day's good efforts that way.

Consider maybe doing Core WW for awhile, just to get you started. And you'll just have to accept that for a certain length of time, pizza is off the list. That is, if you're serious about losing weight.

Good luck! Be sure to check out our Goals forums for inspiration!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

LORI!

We have a group for people who weigh 300+ -- come find us in support groups!

Weight loss can be overwhelming. You feel you have to change ALL your habits to be successful. I couldn't do it all at once and had to take baby steps. Maybe you did have pizza hut, but if you're losing you're doing something right, for now. Maybe think of another step or two you can take next!

Think of this as a long term voyage. You have to find ways to succeed that are sustainable. It takes a lot of mental work, I find, and I am not successful every single day.

One thing to think about, when we start off at a high weight we can actually lose weight eating a lot of calories -- something people who weigh less can't do. Are you sure you're eating enough calories that you don't get so hungry that you binge as a result? (though I think WW is pretty good about that)...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #6  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

So sorry that you're having such a hard time

I know it's hard to resist food-that's why alot of us are here-but somewhere deep inside yourself you've got to decide--what's more important, the brief satisfaction of eating a pizza, or a life of health and freedom to do any activity that you want to do.

If you *have* to have pizza, get the personal pan size and ditch the cinnamon sticks. Make small changes at first. It's not going to happen over night. I struggle everyday. It helps to get the goodies out of your house.

I don't know if you'd be up for it or not, but Paul McKenna teaches some techniques for food cravings that have helped me. When you're thinking about a food that you want, like pizza, imagine the pizza all covered in worms, maggots, gross stuff. The pizza's not so appealing anymore. He has a website if you want to check it out. (mckenna.com). Alot of why we eat like we do is all in our minds. We start obsessing about something and then we *have * to have it. If you can change your attitude toward food that will be a big step. Food is supposed to nourish your body, not make you miserable.

I wish you the best. Come here often for motivation and support.
You can do it, I know you can!!!
Best wishes.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree with the wonderful posts above. I also wanted to add: maybe you could have a different pizza that isn't pizza hut? There are pizzas that are low fat (frozen) and maybe they are expensive, but it might be worth keeping a couple on hand the next time you have a craving. Tell yourself that you will have a pizza, but it will be your dinner. Weight loss is so mental. Also, you have to plan, plan, plan and if you fall off (as I usually do...about once a month or more), just get right back on and recommit yourself to do this in the long haul. Like someone said, in a year, you'll look back and be glad you made these changes today. Forget the past (unless you use it to learn from). Beating yourself up will not get you anywhere you want to be. Hugs to you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to add--a personal size Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza has 7 WW points.

No, it's probably not as "tasty" as what you're used to, but it's a manageable thing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I know how hard it is, I really do. I'm sure all of us here can sympathise with you. Alot of times cravings and binges come from restricting yourself too much. Maybe if you post what you eat on a normal day we can help you get more "bang for your buck" so to speak with the foods that you're eating.

You have to make this commitment to yourself for your mind, your body, and your SOUL. It feels so good to know that you're taking care of your body and doing your best to make it healthy. To know that you're losing weight not just for yourself now, but for your FUTURE self. So that you don't look back on now and wish that you had stuck to your guns.

Pizza is CRAZY high in sodium. Your body is most definately bloated from all of the sodium so make sure you're drinking enough water.

Whenever you get in one of those "I WANT PIZZA NOW!" kind of moods, just come and post here and we'll do the best we can to support you.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #10  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

We have a pizza joint in town here that offers a whole wheat pizza crust. We tried it a couple of months ago and holy smacks batman! It was sooo filling. There seemed to be no difference between the toppings but I gotta tell you I had two pieces and not my normal three (and then one later that night) haha It was a great solution to overeating. I rather think the calories were about the same, but eating less was important for me.
And just for the record, I'd like it noted that I have never once before used the phrase 'pizza joint'
I have no idea where that came from.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #11  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Just wanted to add--a personal size Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza has 7 WW points.

No, it's probably not as "tasty" as what you're used to, but it's a manageable thing.
I think their pizza is yummy. I cant stand anything else but I do like their pizza.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote