Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default bone leg pain after exercice

Is this normal to experience bone leg pain after running...the pain seems worse when i stand up or run..it seems to be in the bone..it's not in the muscle at least....

so does that seem like a stress fracture or medial tibial syndrome or something else ?

Last edited by kaytlin90; 07-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.
kaytlin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I am not a medical person - this is just personal experience. It could be connective tissue (cartilage, ligaments, etc). They take a lot longer to respond to exercise than muscle does. That is, when you start a new exercise the muscles get stronger quite quickly while the connective tissue takes a longer time. This will cause some pain usually when you are exercising. When it does hurt stop and stretch until you are able to go again.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Shin splints can happen when one becomes very active all of a sudden or over exercises. If you are concerned, go to the doctor!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #4  

well i do exercise (walking fast and running) for like half and hour each day...is this too much ? i dont let myself a day to rest in between...should i ?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Have you been to a doctor yet about all these things you are worried about? I think that would be a great way to be more assured that you are exercising and eating appropriately for you.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #6  

Nope and i dont have a family doctor so i wont go.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Not to freak you out, but it could be a bone infection. I had similar symptoms (bone pain), but I have such a high pain tolerance that I didn't go to the doctor until the infection destroyed half of my femur and I couldn't walk at all anymore. I nearly lost my entire leg. I only say this because you are young, and you may have just recently got out of high school or in college closely around many other people sharing quarters/bathrooms/gym rooms, so you may have picked up MRSA, and it's really rare, but the infections do go into bones, especially knees, long bones and ankles. I would go to the doctor if it worsens or doesn't go away. And if you start getting easily tired or if you have a fever and chills, go directly to the ER.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

I has the same problem, and i thought it was shin splints, but they kept getting worse and eventually it hurt to walk. Mine was a stress fracture in my shin, and the only cure, unfortunately is rest.
Also, if you do go a doctor, mine didn't show up on an x-ray, so you may have to get a bone scan.
Britt83 is offline   Reply With Quote