Old 07-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W Labor Day Challenge ~ Week 1!

everyone!

to the W.O.W Labor Day Challenge! This is a eight week challenge, from July 7 to September 1. Let's rock, ladies!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone! Off to work so my WEED

W 64
E extra laps
E1200
D eat OP keep the cals under control!

I'll introduce myself again tonight!!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Good morning!! Yeah a new challenge. I am devoted to doing better this time around. Last time I started out at 218.4, went down some, then up some and now back down some. I ended at 216 yesterday. So only down 2.4 pounds for the 6 weeks. I think I am figuring out what I need to do to lose in the summer.

Here's a little bit about me. I teach kindergarten, usually. I have 2 grown children in college. I started this whole journey in January of this year and have currently lost 36 pounds. It is never easy for me, I have to really work at it. I count calories, log everything and workout almost everyday.

My short term goal remains the same. I want to be under 200 by the tme school starts in the fall. As of today I am 215 exact. That would mean losing 15 pounds by the end of this challenge. That would be a lot for me, but I am going to give it my best shot. Hopefully I'll be close. I am going to really call on my friends here to guide me and motivate me. Be straight up and honest with me and don't worry about being tough on me. I need it sometimes.

Well I am off to get started. That means get up, get dressed and start doing something. No sitting on the couch and watching tv this morning.
W- At least two bottles
E- Work outside and then I think I'll do my new kickboxing DVD later tonight.
E- 1400-1500 calories
D- Believe in the power of your wishes and prayers.

See ya tom.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

welp...TOM, moving, and life in general isn't good to me. Neither is the scale. So I have to work hard this time around, just to get to 199 again. I'll intro myself to newbies later...i'm a little bummed at the moment.

And yet again no Wii Fit for me. Stores are sold out
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Thanks for starting the challenge Shari. Take care of yourself on the crazy shifts, OK!

Holy T.

Mindy, I have to say you are doing awsome, don't judge what you have accomplished by the last 6 weeks!

My goal by my anniversary (august 18) is to be in the 140's so I am going to lose 6 pounds this challenge. (at least!)

W: I usually do 64-80 oz of water

E: I started runing May 2nd, my personal best is 4.75 miles in 65 minutes. I work 12 hour shifts I work 6 out of 7 days one week, then the next I have 6 out of 7 off. The days I work I don't workout, but i do walk extra laps around the plant.

E: I count calories, I stick to 1200. I am also not eating anything starchy or heavy after 5.

D: My daily goals have been to eat on plan. Plan what I eat for the day, then stick to the plan. Some days are better than others. Housework is another daily goal I have, keep it simple by working on it everyday.

Today has been ON PLAN, keeping on track!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I'm workin it sorta I think what I'll do (well what I did earlier at least) is to keep fresh veggies prepped in the fridge. I has one of those eating right veggie trays from a grocery store, lid and all, and sliced some fresh bell pepper and cucumber and sorted those into the emptied compartments. I'll need to slice more before the night's through for tomorrow. If I could only get prepared tonight for tomorrow then that'd be great. I think I'm going to go ahead and put my treadmill in the sunroom for now. The garage is a disaster and I can't open it up to use it. I can in my sunroom though.

I plan on making up a couple of recipes from the Decadent diet book

For all the newbies....I'm a 33 year old married Air Force wife with an awesome puppy pupppppppppyyyyyyyy (well he'll be 10 on saturday...ooh a happy birfday party) named Captain. I live in Northern California, and we just moved into a new house. I work full time, and I'm also a student thru Univ. of Phoenix. I should finish in January

I hear the ice cream truck!!!! Ok I'm better now! I feel a little better, knowing that I am planning on doing something useful for myself. If I can get my treadmill in the sunroom I think I'll be ok. I can get up early in the morning to workout when it's cool because apparently the weather changed and it's supposed to be 100+ outside the rest of the week!!

I'm gonna shoot for 64 oz of water. I've hit half of it today
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Yaaaa hoooey!

What' up my little buttercups?

Thank for all the birthday wishes. I took them all to heart and celebrated so much this weekend that I am officially starting this challenge with a self inflicted gift of 3.4 more lbs than I start the last challenge with. Yep, gained weight. No matter, this is my time. Gonna move a little, eat what I'm supposed to, and see some progress! I'm pumped girls!

Shari - once again... thanks for the new thread!

Welcome back ladies... for the rest of you still missing... don't make me come find you (AUD, NCHELLE, LUMI, WAR... ) Oh yeah, I'm calling you out!

Gonna go kid my kids booty at Scrabble and will check back in later. OP so far today!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I gained too Nixie...i gained too. stupid moving LOL Looks like today will have to be the day I move the treadmill inside, but I gotta do it after work. I don't have time to do it this morning. It'll be tricky getting it in but I think I can manage. Gotta push it thru the front door, thru the living room, thru the dining room thru the kitchen, then into the family room thru to the sunroom. I was pretty wiped out yesterday and didn't want to do much. The heat will take it right outta ya, i'm convinced of that. at least we're not dying in the old house....hopefully this will be the only real hot time we have this summer, and i don't think anyone's rented the old house yet, so they should be ok. i'm a little frustrated....every time I put the cursor here to type if I move away to look at another window while keeping this open, a stupid popup up goes off and irritates me.

I guess DH decided to stay up the entire night before cuz his dumb butt slept all day yesterday. I talked to no one but the dog. oh well at least he's willing to keep me entertained. I think I'll stop at the grocery store this morning and pick up stuff for lunch I guess. I think I'll hit costco after work and pick up a few things as well...

weed for the day:
w: 64 oz (if not more, gotta stay hydrated in 104 heat)
e: whatever I can get...got rehearsal tonight for bellydance
e:as on plan 1400-1500 calories as possible....plenty of fresh fruit involved too
d: get the treadmill inside.

I'll chat with you girls later, I gotta go put a face on and go to work bwahahahah

Where *are* the others? I SEE YOU HIDING, YOU BEST COME ON OUT TO PLAY!

Last edited by Holyteror; 07-08-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Morning girlies!!! WHERE IS EVERYONE????????? HolyT, Nixmom I am glad to see you!!

Made it to the gym this morning! Finally. Its been a long week and a half. I did my july 4th 5k today (yeah, a little late). Got it done in 40:47.

So I am taking Tommy to the Dentist today, then hitting costco. Its gonna be a difficult planning day, but I will make due.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes done (45 tread, 15 elliptical)
E 1200 planned calories
D eat on plan even though I will be out and about. No reason I cant eat right.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I brought my sneaks back to work and i'm gonna start taking my breaks again and walk. i'd rather go by myself than with other coworkers though, that way i can listen to my music and not be considered rude for not chatting
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

I totally understand that. I will workout with people at the same time, but I need the music to get in to my groove. When I talk, I slow down and my workout isn't as good.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ok well i missed my break this morning, and i'll probably skip mine this afternoon. i took a very late lunch (within about 8 minutes of it being a state violation) and took a long lunch (one hour) and hit Costco and got some goodies that I needed. I should be good to go for a bit
Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I was here earlier this morning but nobody had been on yet. So right now it looks like just the few of us. It is so wierd ow I lost, gained and lost the same 3.5 pounds this month. I am happy to be down to about 215. I need to keep going and get down to 210. I dug out 2 trees today and replanted them. Fun fun. I am filthy and want to go to the store but I also need to workout so I should do that before I shower.

Jcat- 40:47 for your 5k. Good job. I hope to catch up to you someday.

Holy- My friend is taking 2 classes this summer through UofPhoenix. They are keeping her busy. I hate the heat. Take it easy out there.

Nix- No more gaining okay. It is time to make downward progress. Understand?

W- 2 bottles
E- new kickboxing dvd
E- 1400-1500 Had leftover goulash tonight. Yummy.
D- Something you've been hoping for will come true.

Hope everyone else comes and joins in.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i forgotz my eggbeaters at the costco. No biggie I got eggies, i'll just not use the yolks. I'm ready to go home, got a few more minutes today. I will certainly take it easy with the heat....i'm almost done with my 64 oz goal of water. Gotta see if i can slurp up another bottle
Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey there weedies....

so my plan this first week is to get back in the groove with food. On plan yesterday and today so far. Staying under 1600 calories...

MTIGER - Yo comprehendo. I hear you loud and clear chickie. No more putzing around with moving up the scale. I tell you, this is my challenge....

Hotter than the blazes here, hoping it gets less muggy here and I can hop on the walking again next week. We are headed to havasu this weekend. Will be the first ride for me in the new boat. Hope it can hold my weight

HT, Jcat

Jlea - you still pulling double shifts?

Is it us 5 this time around. Dont EVEN tell me Aud and Nchelle and WAR are lost in virtual diet land some where.... come on girls!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote