Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: July 7-July13

New Pages!

Last edited by Tejas; 07-07-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone!

Noussa, good to see you back on the other thread. You said you were going to start a new challenge thread: 6 weeks hard core, but I don't see it.

Someone should start our new weekly challenge thread. How about some combination, adding food and exercise?

I woke up feeling like I'd been drugged; I must have been really tired!

But, it's a new week so let's do what we know we oughta' do! Stay Core, move it and drink water

Rhonda
Old 07-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. I'm going to post the weekly challenge -- how about a hard core week. Seems from reading the latest posts, we could all benefit from that one.

Things here seem to be back to normal - as much as they can. We had a great bbq yesterday. I did have a few beers, but all the food was core. LOVE the buffalo chicken burgers! Hope all is well with everyone.

Got to get to work. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning Chicks! I could definitely benefit from a hard Core week but I'm not going to participate in a challenge that doesn't let me use my 35 points. I consider the 35 points hard core since it's hard for me to not use more than that and stay on program and not feel deprived. Otherwise, I overeat Core foods because I'm a nut case. I will, however, commit to not using my exercise AP's.

I had a good day yesterday. I'm still worried about Jim and his shoulder and diabetes but I'm not going to eat over it. I tried to view the treadmill as stress relief. It didn't really work but I finished walking anyway. Then I had a big amount of exercise in the pool. My scale is still up this morning but I'm working on it.

Today, I begin working on the kitchen shopping again. We are bracing for some big storms here today so I guess there's no pool for me.

Have a great day.

Rhonda, where's Sandra?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  

Isn't Sandra running around Texas visiting relatives and friends, and shooting arrows somewhere? I hope so!

I'm off to have lunch with a student artist at the univeristy. I bought two of her prints, and I'm taking her out to celebrate.

I am taking today and Friday OFF from work. I need it, and they don't need me there fretting over things I can't control! Isn't that "funny": I worry about what I can't control, then don't control what I could as well as I could(food and exercise) ! Well, I know I'm not alone.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 07-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I'm telling you.....we are peas in a pod. I control or try to control EVERYTHING except that which I can...my weight.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

How was everyone 3 day 4 of July weekend??? Hope the festivities,didn't do too much damage on the scale. We had an incident in town where a red sox fan beat up a New York man and his car,after the Red Sox lost to the Yankees on Saturday. We always get that during the summer mouths when the tourist are here.

Another HHH dog day of summer is upon us,but I did manage to walk along the beach for about 30 mins. Tonight I will do some walking tapes. I think along with watching my WPA's and keeping my menus true core I have to up my exercising a little more.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up and along with staying on the core I must remember to drink more water in this kind of weather.

VICKIE-Thats what I'm doing but I'm only using 1/2 of my WPA and not using my AP's at all.My Leader told me that using them will only confuse matters.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #8  
beachbum

On the core plan your allowed froz O'Brien potatoes without oil,but in the WW short cut cookbook a recipe using froz O'Brien potatoes the recipe is not for those following the core.

Crispy Cajun Potatoes with Ham

1 tb olive oil?
1 pound of lean ham steak
3 garlic cloves,mince
3 cups froz O'Brien Potatoes
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning

QUESTION-Why is this a flex plan recipe and not a core??? all the ingredients in this recipe are on the core also.

Very confused????

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #9  

what are O'Brien potatoes? Must be a brand we don't get here in Toronto.

Dog days here too...nice after all the cold or very cool weather we had!

Totally Core all day....and counting.

Rhonda
Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #10  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I'm not quite sure what potatos o'brien are either, but the ww e-tools says they are core, without fat. So with everything else you have in the recipe, I would consider it core. Because core+core=core. If every ingredient is core, I would consider it core. You might send an email to ww though and question this. You would need to go to weightwatchers.com and find the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks!
Potatoes O'brien are potatoes with sweet peppers and onions. I know that OreIda makes them, but I don't know if they have fat in them.

Been busy today. I've not been hard core today, because I did not read the challenge until after breakfast. I ate out with my family. I had grits with no butter, two scrambled eggs, and one point of grated cheese. I'm sure the eggs were cooked with fat, so I'm counting that as my day's serving. Even though the foods were core, I'm not exactly sure how they were prepared, so I can't call it hard core.

Have a fabulous day
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #12  

Sloan, surely "soft core" will do!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda- you're right! Soft core is better than no core.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #14  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I'm not sure if the ore ida ones are without oil or not. I guess you'd have to read the package. But if they are without oil, I would think bb's recipe would be core.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #15  

I've boughten O'Brien potatoes before, and I consider them Core, because the package ingredients were potatoes, red pepper, and onions. Core+Core+Core.

Rhonda and Vickie, amen on the trying to control everything. I am with you there too ladies. I have had to force myself to let certain things go lately, or I would be going completely nuts.

It's very hot here today and the girls are out in the wading pool spraying each other with the hose. It's official; July has arrived! I am sitting in the air conditioning. I'll get off my butt in a minute and do the dishes.

My church lesson went very well yesterday. I really think I was able to get my point across.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote