Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/127/137

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Default Its working!!!

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't posted in several days. We went out of town for the weekend. It was hard to stay on plan this weekend because of being at my inlaws but I didn't stray very far and it is worth it. I am down 4 pounds to 208! I was so nervous when I stood on the scale this morning. I thought for sure I would have gained, so I am very happy. I did take a lot of your advice. I am weighing daily while I am at home to keep my eye on the goal, but only charting Monday weigh-ins. Believe it or not, I also made myself increase my caloric intake. I didn't tell you this, but when I diet, I tend to go to extremes. I realized that I was only eating a little under 900 calories a day so I am writing things down and making myself plan for 1200. Sure at 900 calories I will lose faster, but I have no doubt that I will gain it all back even faster and then it will have been all for nothing. I have realized that I am a food addict and since a human cannot completely give up all food and expect to live, I have to change my attitude about food. That journey will take time as well.

Thank you for all of your support. This is a GREAT group of ladies!
kelleewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

YESSSSS!!!! It DOES work. Creating that all important calorie deficit WILL result in weight loss.

Great going! And away from home too? FABULOUS.

Absolutely do make sure to eat enough, even 1200 is a bit on the low side to start out at. You don't want to get too hungry and then wind up overeating as the day progresses. With a little trial and error, you'll find out what's right for YOU as only YOU can.

Keep up the amazing work! Soooo many more rewards coming right at you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Wow! Good job staying on track while you were out of town. I am facing that challenge in a couple of weeks, and I will aspire to do as well as you did.

Wishing you continued success.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote