Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Question Podcasts

Hi, I've just subscribed to some weight loss podcasts with inspiring stories and tips. I'm hoping this can help me stick to plan and remember why I'm doing this.

My question is, do any of you do this? If so what audio/podcast do you listen to and do you think it helps?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I subscribe to a few meditation podcasts and sort of pick and choose which episodes of things I want to listen to. The only podcast I'm faithful to is This American Life, which of course is not weight related. Which ones are you listening to? Reviews?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well I've just subscribed to Renee Stephens, who specifically deals with weight loss but I haven't had the chance to listen yet so I'll get back to you on that. I have no idea if she'll help, but heres hoping!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
Well I've just subscribed to Renee Stephens, who specifically deals with weight loss but I haven't had the chance to listen yet so I'll get back to you on that. I have no idea if she'll help, but heres hoping!
Well now I'm curious. Off to iTunes!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #5  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

I listen to Jillian Michaels on KFI-she has a show every Sunday morning all about weight loss, fitness tips, and other related subjects. Pretty inspiring! You can download podcasts directly from the station. KFI show She's in the Sunday column on the far right.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MANICK ~ KFI is always on my radio in my truck. After church on Sundays I usually come home, change clothes then run to the store for my lunch stuff for the week...Jillian is on...she is great!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jillian!! I just download the .mp3 everyweek...I haven't done the subscription thing yet.

I also This American Life, Car Talk & Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me...but yeah, they aren't weight related.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I just got an iPod about a month ago and it took me that long to convert my entire library.

I spent yesterday converting youtube videos to watch at this morning's workout...and started glancing at podcasts but it was late so I went to bed.

Thank you for the Jillian Michaels link, will download that one.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I listen to Motivation to Move by Scott Smith and also Jimmy Moore (low carb). I love Renee Stephens (Insideout weight loss) - you'll get a lot from her podcasts, I think. FitGirl is pretty good as is My Thought Coach.

Can you tell I'm a podcast addict? They really help me - especially in the gym or when I want to dive into the kitchen and start shoving food in my gullet!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote