Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Depression

I've felt horrible all day, and I'm not quite sure why. I don't feel like doing anything at all, so consequently I've been sitting on the couch with a glum expression on my face, which, surprisingly, hasn't done anything to aleviate it. I've just been plagued with that sort of blunt despair which is oh so much fun. Usually I would stuff myself and briefly feel better, and that is what I would love to do at the moment because it really does help, but I know that I'm working toward a goal with a time constraint here and I can't afford that.

What do you do to fix really bad moods without overeating?
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Have you done any form of exercise today? I felt like a slug this morning and had to force myself onto that treadmill, but I felt great when I was done. It really does improve ones mood and general outlook. Can you get outside and take a walk? Fresh air might help too. Hope you're feeling better soon!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #3  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

indeed, just like what H8cake said.
when i'm depress or bored, i'll just get on my tread (force myself, really). After 30mins - 1 hour walking/jogging, i'll become so much better. And then, a nice ice mint tea after exercising ^^
I hope you'll get your balance soon ^^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Gosh... doesn't sound fun at all.

Well, I can tell you that continuing to sit on that couch won't help. And, eating things you ought not to won't help, either.

Some ideas:
- Journaling
- Phoning a friend
- Exercising, or just some physical activity, as H8cake suggested
- Cleaning out a drawer that you've been meaning to get to
- Going for a drive to a favorite spot that you enjoy

Any help? I hope you feel better soon...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalaHoarder View Post
Usually I would stuff myself and briefly feel better, and that is what I would love to do at the moment because it really does help
Consequently, looking at where you are right now...along with the guilt thaat binge trips bring on, plus all of the hard work it takes to fix what a binge does - does it really help?

I find that I feel alot better knowing that I can deal with my feelings and just let them be, rather than eating and saying ' I feel crap because I ate' (when that's not true at all, I felt crap before)

Last edited by Spoz; 07-05-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #6  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Okay I'm one day late for this but if I'm in a horrible mood, sometimes I try to distract myself and:
get creative (draw-paint-collage-sculpt)or just go to a gallery, phone someone I haven't seen in a long time, look up a super healthy recipe and try to cook it, go for a bikeride, try some retail therapy, putter about in the garden, go to the gym and promise myself a half-arsed workout - (because I find half the battle is just getting there), go to a bookstore.
Okay wow, now I want to do all these things today. I hope you found some way to alleviate your bad mood that was also good for you.
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #7  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

I eventually figured out that it was a blood sugar issue. Turns out I'm still having trouble with getting the balance between eating and exercising right. Thanks for all the help, anyway. I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote