Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default JULY NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I went to a new store we have in town and tried on some pants. They were a size 18 which I just got into about a month ago and they were too roomy. I was in the womens dept where I've been shopping for the last eighteen years. I couldn't find a pair of 16's so I asked the sales lady if they had any in the back. She went looking and came back with a pair from the misses dept., I'm not entirely sure they were supposed to be there, but I could have hugged the lady! I ended up with a skirt in a size 16 from the misses dept too! My husband was with me and I told him later that I didn't want to embarrass him by crying, but he said he could tell what a big deal it was to me by the look on my face. I feel like I'm venturing into a forbidden land when I walk through the misses dept though. I think it will be awhile before I'm not afraid someone will kick me out
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

This last week I have had a series of NSV's...

...my husband forgot his earplugs when we were at a hotel and could sleep because I didn't snore!
...I walked all over downtown without looking for a place to rest
...I walked up three flights of stairs without getting out of breath or stopping in the middle
...when I went to pull the lever that releases my gas cap, I didn't have to get out of my seatbelt to reach it. (First time in the four years that I have owned the car that I could just reach down and pull the lever)
...I fit into a shirt from Chico's that I still have hanging in my closet.

I'm pumped!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #4  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

I made a friend today. I know that sounds silly but it was a huge NSV for me. I have never been comfortable enough with myself to talk to people that I don't know and get to know them. Today I took my kids to a local park for a picnic lunch. There was a lady there with her kids walking around the track. I actually initiated a conversation with her and after talking to the lady for about 30 mins we decided to meet at the same park every morning to walk and workout. I am so excited and proud of myself.
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #5  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I have been very consistant the last few weeks with my exercise--last summer I used the excuse "it's too hot" and I let it all slide but this summer I have gotten up at the crack of dawn and done my walking. Go me!
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

This morning I put on a pair of size 18 pants and they actually feel a little loose. The last time I tried them on they were still a bit snug (my Lane Bryant 18s are getting too big already, but these are from Wal-Mart and they run smaller), so even though the scale hasn't dropped much, I must have lost inches somewhere. Time to step up my workouts so I can start trying on 16s!

I haven't worn a 16 since high school. I think I'll fall over the day I actually fit into that size again.

Last edited by thistoo; 07-02-2008 at 10:25 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #7  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My husband went out to a movie with some family friends last night, one of them stopped in to pick him up. Afterwards the young man said to him that it looked like I'd lost weight. Funny thing is, I was wearing baggy sweats and my biggest, warmest hoodie-sweatshirt thing, so I'm not sure how he saw that! But it's heart-warming, because this young man is someone we fostered when he was a teenager, so it's a nice compliment from a person who is very dear to us.

Then this morning, at a company meeting, a friend of mine I don't see often told me that I was "glowing." I told her I look and feel totally healthy because of not eating sugar!
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #8  
FB

Mine is lame and funny.

I took my car in for an oil change, which are so pricey at $130.00 (it uses some special oil). When it came time to pay the service manager said he'd take care of it, because I look so good in the car. HUH?! He then passed me his phone number.

Cripes. I haven't had someone flirt with me in a long time. My husband and I laughed and laughed about it.

Tonight I'm going to take that $130.00 and buy myself something nice.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

FB!! Oh my gosh. Wow, what a NSV!! You must look really good in that car!! LOL! My jaw would have hit the floor! Very funny, and cool.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #10  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

FB thats awesome lol. happy shopping!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #11  
FB

Thanks Lyn and Val. It was pretty hilarious, I was flabbergasted and did NOT know how to react, I'm sure my jaw did hit the floor. I'm still laughing at it. I did go out and spend the money on clothes last night, which was great. My husband suggested picking up a cheap wedding band! Mine doesn't fit anymore, which may be better than a coupon at car shops.

I'm still confused over it, LOL. I think he wanted my car, not me.

Last edited by FB; 07-04-2008 at 01:50 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

FB - that is awesome!!

I had a great moment yesterday. A note here, there are no full length mirrors in the house at this point (just haven't gotten them yet). We were at Home Depot shopping for closet doors. We looked at some mirrored ones and I just kept staring at myself. DH laughed and said - "I keep forgetting that you don't see yourself like I do without any full length mirrors at home"

It's true! I have a very different mind image of what I really look like, I actually look 'normal' LOL!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #13  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

I had a great moment yesterday. didnt include a full length mirror.. just my head. I got home from work and looked at myself and caught a glimpse of my 100 pound lighter self. and it made me smile. I dont think I've smiled at my reflection ever.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #14  
Woman on a mission

Last night at work my friend said "Wow you look like you're getting smaller". That made my night.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #15  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My current NSV is that my husband is losing weight too! And all because I've changed up our diet and (nicely) made him quit sugar with me. I only started making him weigh last week, and he's down 2 pounds since then. I wouldn't be surprised if he's lost 10 pounds overall so far. He'll weigh less than me soon, and lose faster...dang men :/
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote