South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:38 AM   #1  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default SBD Supercharged Exercise Program

I haven't seen discussion of the SB Supercharged exercise program here or in the exercise thread. Not sure which is the better place to post this.

Who has tried it? What has been your experience? I like the change up alternating the cardio with the exercises.

I've tried the Phase I exercises twice now. They look so deceptively simple. But as I'm doing them, I can really feel the muscles stretch. I can still feel it two days later. I'm getting more benefit from them than I expected.

I haven't done the cardio. I used to walk 5 days a week for 40 minutes at 5 am. I am ready to start the 20 minute program but haven't committed to it yet by making a time for it. If I don't find an opportunity before then, a friend at work and I will start walking again at lunch when our work schedules and vacations synch back up in August. (Oh, Boy, walking outside at lunchtime in August in Florida. ) I know I'll get some walking in during vacation in July so that will be a good way to get started.

I'm interested in hearing about other's experiences with this part of the SB program.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Starting it today! I just bought the book and I'm starting Phase 1 of the diet and exercise program today. I like that the walks use intensity intervals, the theory behind interval training makes so much sense to me. Anyway, it seems very "doable"- only 20 minutes a day, which I can certainly find time for. My only slight concern is the counting for when to switch speed- I'm wondering for much that is a nuisance to keep track of. I guess I'll find out .
Lulumum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #3  

Great! Welcome to the Beach!

You're right, the keeping track of when to switch up the intensity could be challenging. Let us know how that works for you.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

I'm following that too. What I did so as to keep track is to copy the interval walking program charts and then I keep the charts posted on my treadmill. I check off each day that I complete, but you could also put a date or some other reminder that you did it. I am fortunate that my treadmill has a digital readout of the seconds clicking off so I can easily switch back and forth. However, if you don't have that you can either use a stopwatch, even my cell phone has one, or just count out loud, which would also be good since that would show you that can still talk and walk.

I think it is such an easier walking program than the one I was doing last fall. And, you do increase your Easy Pace, where you start at, as he said. It works.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I promise I will read that section of the new book today!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #6  

Well, I tried counting and using the second hand on my watch last evening, but it wasn't easy! I lost track of how many times I'd repeated the sequence. I think I may buy a stopwatch.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulumum View Post
Well, I tried counting and using the second hand on my watch last evening, but it wasn't easy! I lost track of how many times I'd repeated the sequence. I think I may buy a stopwatch.
Uh Oh. I'm one of those people who lose track of which lap they're on when walking around a track. Perhaps It'll be possible to track it by folding a finger for each completed sequence. Practice will probably make it easier to keep track as well. I'll have to give that some thought.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #8  

Well, I gave this problem some thought and I think I've come up with something to try.

I'll be doing the walking again today. I'm planning on starting off with however many rubber bands (number of sequences) I need on my left wrist and I will move one to my right wrist after I complete each sequence. I'll see if that helps with my workout!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Webrover, what I do when I walk laps is put a little pile of pebbles, twigs, shells, etc beside a certain part of the track. When I walk by the pile, I take one piece and put it in my pocket. When I'm done walking I count how many are in my pocket and know how many laps I've done.
Hope that helps....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #10  

Never thought about that. It's a great idea. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #11  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have the DVD and I like it a lot.
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #12  

Hmmm, I considered buying the DVD when I bought supercharged and the SB book about heart health. Guess I should have. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Hmmm, I considered buying the DVD when I bought supercharged and the SB book about heart health. Guess I should have. Thanks for the update.
The Heart book by Dr. A. is very good, lots of excellent info in it about testing.

Last edited by murphmitch; 09-05-2008 at 11:59 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #14  

I have a relative I'd like to send the heart book to, but I'm thinking I should either just recommend the book (we've exchanged book recommendations). I could also just happen to have a copy when we visit next time and while I'm recommending it I can offer to loan it.