South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Morning! I have a feeling Ruth is probably posting at the same time, but if so, we'll just do the merge.

I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping Audrey is better today and no one else caught her bug. Yesterday was long and boring, although she started feeling better during the afternoon. I could use the morning off so I can prepare a few things for tomorrow's BBQ. At least today is my last day of work until the 17th!

What's everyone doing during the long weekend ahead?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Cottage I hope Audrey is much better today and that nobody caught the bug. Saturday is pretty darn close and I am sure you are really looking forward to vacation.

Disney now has sparkling teeth! They were really bad from years of bad diet - shelters feed what's donated and there's a lot of terrible dog food out there. Don't get me started! The vet says her teeth are loose and I'm to clean them daily to try to save them. Today she's back to normal but will probably sleep a lot after her ordeal. I wish they'd give me an anesthetic when they clean my teeth!

For some reason, I've been way off plan lately and not doing well at resisting things. I actually had pizza last night for dinner BUT just pitched the last half into the trash. It was a small vegetarian one but still..... Today has to be better. You'd think I'd have this figured out by my age!

It's raining so today will be an indoor day. I have some schoolwork to finish sorting for judging next Monday and strawberries and garlic scapes to process for the freezer. I may work in a library visit this evening. The weekend will be busy with my niece's wedding and I'll need some relaxation reading.

What's going on around your beach blanket?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:47 AM   #3  

What do you do with the schoolwork, Ruth? You may have mentioned it, but I don't remember. I've been making sure the girls get in at least an hour of school work everyday this summer, but they're not too happy about it. They'll thank me when school starts up again, though! I envy Disney today, I wish I could just sleep away the day, it really sounds appealing right now.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #4  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning.

Ruth-I've been doing poorly as well. I don't know what is wrong with me. Maybe because TOM is coming. But I've always done so good but for some reason, this time it's just terrible. I just want it to start already and be over with so I can go back to normal.

I ate a burrito for dinner last night and it has made my stomach icky. I have been sick all night and having heart burn and indegestion. I've notice that since I've been out of the 200's, i can't eat what I used to and still feel fine. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

The elementary schools in the township submit work - art and other stuff - for judging in the Fair. Almost all the kids participate and the teachers do not pre-screen so we have well over a thousand pieces that have to be sorted into 56 different piles, one for each category and grade, for judging.

The winners in each category get ribbons and small $ prizes and the school with the most points gets a trophy for the year. There's a lot of really cute stuff submitted and our large wall display looks great. It sure is a lot of work though.

After the Fair, it has to be sorted back into schools and returned with the ribbons and prizes. The great thing about doing this is that it's all done before the Fair (July 24-27) and doesn't need to be sorted and returned until September!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #6  

Ruth, thanks for the explanation. I bet the kids get really excited about showing off their best work on the walls! It's nice that you don't have to rush around for it, too.

tk, I hope your day goes well. I experience the same yuckiness after I've eaten something off-plan as well. We should listen to our bodies more, it's trying to tell us something.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Here's to half days off! I'm so glad because yesterday was one of those days I spent wishing I had been laid off in the last budget crisis. Maybe a long weekend will help a little.

Cottage - I hope Audrey is better today. here's to vacations! Hope yours is relaxing and fun.

Ruth - I'm with you on the pet food issue. We fed our dog homemade food the last few years of her life. It's much harder with cats but I am very picky about the food I buy them. My vet actually recommended a familiar brand for her urinary stones and I refused to buy it because of the ingredients. I'd rather try healthier methods than feed her food that may help one thing but cause other problems down the road. I lost 2 kitties to cancer a couple of years ago so am even more careful now.
I never thought of saving garlic scapes. Uh oh, there goes my weekend (along with the 10 lbs of zucchini I just ordered to make chips!).

TK - I have no suggestions but hope this passes soon. How frustrating for you.

Me - I'm pretty excited because I am planning a training for child care folks on processing/preserving food for the winter. A couple of our garden people are interested in the topic so we figured we would pull something together. With the economy the way it is here (26% increase in families seeking help from the food shelf over the last year!) I know there is interest. I'm going to do a chunk on dehydrating including where to buy the dehydrator and how much it costs to get started, fruit leathers & rings, etc. Then we are bringing someone from Extension in for the canning & freezing portion. We are also tossing around the idea of another class on low cost tips for healthy foods. I'm amazed at how many people don't know how to work with dried beans and think cheap food is white bread, hot dogs and ramen noodles.

The weekend looks relaxed and fun. Today my friend and I are checking out the new brew pub in town (big deal for us - usually we have to drive 30 miles to go out!), then tomorrow is yoga in the morning and fireworks at night. Monday we are trying for that boat trip again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time! The rest of the weekend is processing veggies, garden work, and maybe even hammock time!

How is it looking for the rest of you?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Typical day here, although it looks beautiful outside. Today is my long day at work (9-7), filled with the joys of toddlerhood before and after! Although I have tomorrow off, I still have to work Sat, which doesn't bother me (everything will be so busy on a holiday weekend, I'd avoid the crowds!). I think today will be a day off from exercise (when would I anyway?), since I've gone pretty hard the past few days.

The DS just woke up....peed in his bed...guess I have laundry to do!

Enjoy the day!!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!

I am at work but have tomorrow off, three day weekend yeah!

Cottage- hope Audrey is feeling better today, I know you are looking forward to your vacation time.

Ruth- Glad to hear that Disney's teeth are sparkling now.

Tkglenn- Hang in there and take it one day at a time

Cyndi and Twynn- Have a good day today
Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #10  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

good morning everyone! i have also been off program the past two days -- but af arrived today, and the scale still looks ok so i plan to get back on it today for sure. i am just so tired! we had storms last night that kept both girls up! and even once i got back to sleep i kept thinking i was hearing the tornado sirens!! it is a kansas thing i guess! ha!

we are hosting dh's family for the fourth. i am excited, but i know it'll be a big job -- we are expecting about 20 people! but, even better, tomorrow morning natalie gets to ride her tricycle in the neighborhood parade!

i hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! i am just glad hamburgers on the grill are a south beach food!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon! (Good Morning to you all! )

Yesterday a friend of mine fell through the top of a septic tank and landed up to her neck in s**t and diesel! She was checking for standing water for mosquito control. Well, she broke 3 bones in her foot... has a cast for 3 weeks and no weight bearing for 1 1/2 months... it could of been worse... could of been me!

Cyndi, I make my dog food as well... ground beef, grated carrots, spinach, garlic, tumeric, ground flax seed and chicken innerds after cleaning my chickens. I serve with a Bhakri (flat millet bread) and a raw egg. I'm curious what do you use to make your dog food? Pedigree dry dog food has made it's way into India in the last few years...I just don't trust it to provide a nutritional balance. My dogs (10 y.o. female and 6 y.o. male, village bred mongrels)

Too tired for personals... Have a great day everyone!
kitty
Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Running kind of late with tons to do today work wise. Want to get it all done so I can rest up a bit to go to a concert tonight. Should be fun. Bands will be (what is left of) Jefferson Starship, Quicksilver, Lynard Skinnard, Big Brother and the Holding Company and couple more.

The concert is part of a few days long seafood festival. Last night they had a 1944's swing band for a free concert, so we hit that one too. It was a really pretty night with a great sunset. Had lots of fun and plan on having even more fun tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Cat, I love your photos. Thanks for sharing your sunset fun. I felt like I was actually there. Nice pedicure!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

The long weekend is almost here and I can't wait. Dh and I have alot planned Friday we hvae an early mornin 5 mile bike ride plannedand then we will move out some old furniture and move in some new and then the rest of the day will be spent with family celebrating Saturday we will do an early morning walkand then will work in the yard all day and then sunday my birthday we will do another 5 mile bike ride then church and bday dinner at sakura. Busy busy busy

My mom bought me some walk away the pounds dvd's for my bday and I tried one of them lastnite and I sooo love it even dh enjoyed it.

Have a great and safe 4th and don't forget to enjoy your time with family and friends and take a minute to pray for those who won't be with their familys
Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning Gang.

hope everyone has a great day and for those of us who celebrate tomorrow a great day off... we plan to go To Green Dragon Market in Ephrata Pa and get food that I should NOT eat on the beach....

yes yes yes I plan to be off plan tomorrow for dinner... I'm going to eat RIBS and CORN and WATERMELON... WHIP ME BEAT ME....

please. my scale teased me wtih 212.2 this morning... silly scale. my true weight is more like 214 now... i am just 6 lengths away from 200 lengths which will be 5000 yards... i'll break that tonite... Yay me...

have a great day all maybe i can sleep in my own bed tonite.
Closed Thread