South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #1  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Default still having headaches?!

Hi all. It's the end of day 4 of phase 1, and I've had the same headache for like 3 days now. I thought it would be gone by now; I know some of us get this for the first few days of having basically no carbs. I read that beans are supposed to help, but I have had beans all 4 days so far, and plenty. I am having plenty of water as well. I'm having my 3 meals and 2 snacks, and this is generally how it goes:

B - some kind of egg, LF cheese, and turkey bacon combo & low sodium V8
S - tea and a plain yogurt & ice smoothie, or LF cottage cheese
L - chicken breast & spinach w/ balsamic vin.; or the chili from 3FC & a veggie
S - a sliced red pepper and a tablespoon of LF ranch (2g of sugar per 2TBPS)
D - fish or chicken with a veggie, or chili with a veggie
Desert: only last night, I made beany brownies! Only had a little.

I took Ibuprofen yesterday, but it did not help, and that is my go-to pain-reliever when it is my TOM! Any advice?
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Have a glass of milk with your breakfast and your dinner; there are more natural-sugar carbs in milk than in yogurt or cottage cheese.

The headache will go away soon, you just have to get past it. I didn't even do phase 1 and I still got the headache when I merely quit sugar entirely.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #3  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Thanks WarMaiden, I'll try that!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #4  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I would try two packets of BC powders, to knock the headache out. I usually don't take aspirin, my go-to is acetiminophen, but most of the time it doesn't even work anymore. So sometimes, if I've got a bad headache, I'll take 2 packets of BC powders (make sure there is water in your mouth first and then dump in the bitter crap and swallow very quickly, swallow more water as needed.) It says on the box to take one, but I use 2. And it's got caffeine, which combined with the aspirin its supposed to knock out a headache. Today I had a headache and I did some cardio, and it was gone!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

This was my third time doing Phase 1 and it was by far the hardest on me physically. I not only had a headache but I was nauseous for the first six days. It wasn't until I had a bit of "non-Beach" food that it all went away. Since then though I haven't had the cravings although I have been reintroducing fruits mostly. I have finally learned that bread and I don't mix. So, moving forward, my SBD is going to resemble Phase 1.5 probably into the future indefinitely. Fruits work for me but I am going to really seriously restrict my breads and grains. I am losing steadily, although I haven't changed my ticker yet, and I am not experiencing cravings. I feel I am on target.

I've had a lot of upset of my normal routine from flying here and setting up a new kitchen and a place to stay (my parents' old bedroom which is also now my remote office too). I will say that finally I feel like my life isn't so much in an upheaval. I am here and I am ready to help out in this family medical/health situation.

Milk does work but I really tried to limit it to the 2 cs and this time I really will. My Mom, a diabetic, has such a stash of sweets in her cupboards. Now, she is in a nursing home. If I hadn't gone through Phase 1, I know I would have been tempted. Now, I am trying to decide what to do with all this. I think I might mail it to my DH back home!

Last edited by pamatga; 07-03-2008 at 10:56 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote