Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #1  
Operator265

Default Shiftworkers-The Vampires are back in July

I don't think most of the MDs or RNs are bad, but with the present health care system in this country, their hands are tied. Oops, correction, I should have said PAs and LPNs. Anymore, HMOs don't want to pay for fully trained and qualified health practitioners. That's just not "cost effecient".

And what I really love is how hospitals now have "Grief Counselors" who's job is to help guide you thru the grief process and into the signing the "Waiver of Right to Litigation" against the hospital for any negligence on it's part process. Yeah, I know your loved one is dead because the HMO won't pay enough for a qualified DR but it's not our fault that a new hire jammed a bunch of the wrong medication into her even though the chart clearly showed she was allergic to it.

Oops, I'm ranting again.

Vlad-Glad you're liking the DVD. I'm thinking of trying Curves here soon. I may get a chance to check them out this next 2 days off. I screwed up and forgot to cancel some OT, so I'm working the 4th and 5th. Oh well, I guess I can use the $$$. I may try some yoga once I get going after getting an excercise routine in place.

Well, I'm worn out. I've been on Blast Crew for the last 2 1/2 days. I either sit on my dead one on a truck or work on the most physically demanding job in the mind. Just like with the rest of my life, I never do seem to be able to find the middle of the road.

Love all you Vampire Chicks out there.

Last edited by Operator265; 07-02-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #2  
1st 10% goal - 175.5 lbs

S/C/G: 195/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Rant on, girlfriend!

I have a hard time finding the middle of the road, as well. Especially with the house. I either look around at all I have to do, feel completely overwhelmed, and do nothing -OR- I get started on a project and go way overboard. There is so much in the house I need to get under control, but it seems that as soon as I have something looking nice, they come along and just crap all over it. It doesn't help that I'm a pack rat. I truly don't mean to be, and don't want to be. I just have no idea what to do with what's here really, and the things I hold onto I really think for some reason are necessary. I need to play clean sweep!
jeanniethewicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I have one more night off. I'm feeling rested, I stacked the rest of last year's firewood, I read a book - (a whole book not just a page before falling asleep (I read "Eclipse", the third book in a young adult romance series. Ironically, considering our new monthly shiftworker heading the story is about a typical highschool senior who has to choose between her vampire boyfriend and werewolf best friend - apparently vampires and werewolves don't like each other. But we won't tell my avatar that I'm posting in a vampire forum...)

Anyway, I'm feeling quite like a normal human being now and I'm ready for another month of insanity. I'll be working through the holidays but I'm looking at the fact I'll be spared many temptations as a silver lining.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Goooood Morning Shift Workers EVERYWHERE!!!

okokok . . . not really morning - I've actually been up early today packing for the Ohio Trip . . . leaving late this afternoon/early evening.

Had a small hitch . . . fell on my face last nite/concrete andwoke up today feelinglikeI got run over in Operators Mine Shaft!!!!!

Better the more I move around - but do I have the bad luck or what????

Tx for the link gals - would have lost my Fellow Shifties . . . STILL having probs shifting over to days . . . just do. not. know. how you Rotators do it???!!!!

Cannot even START on my health care feelings - lost my HMO last contract so now have "traditional" with 5 freakin' visits per year (all with copay!!) . . ..

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breaaaathing*

Loving the Vampireness BTW Vlad!

MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAUAAAH!!!

We'll have the laptop so may check in if I get techno enuf - if not - I'll be back late on the 7th.

Have A Great Week Y'all & YEEEEHAAAAA from Vacay-Land!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #5  
Operator265

Oh Boy Jeannie, I do know about that game with the housework. I do it the same way. BTW, just exactly who is the "they" you are talking about? The Aliens, the secret government or, most evil and demonic, the children. Yeah, mine love to come in right after I clean up and terrorize the room I just finished. I've sent my youngest to her dad's so I can spring clean in July.

Hey Vlad! I'll keep the secret from your avatar. Besides, I think I'm a little more werewolf this week since TOM started. No nice friendly poke in the neck. I'ld rather rip 'um to shreds when they get on my nerves.

Oh yeah, the 500 post rule is so it doesn't take forever to load the pages. That's why most threads run monthly and the games on General Chatter are numbered.

OK Aud, we need another vacation show off around here. Just Kidding. Hope you have fun and can still find a little time to keep in touch with us working stiffs.

I did my Fit for Duty exam at work today. They let me off easy since I'm sore from blasting and have lost 35 lbs since my respirator fit test in April. Plus, I automatically got my workout for the day in. I just went to check out the Curves by my house. I go in for my free workout on the 10th.

Also, I got a pair of FitFlops yesterday. Most people said they can't feel it until the next night after they wear them, but since I'm already sore, I can feel the burn in the back of my shins. If I can get used to the split toe thing, I think I'm going to like them.

Have a good one folks. Keep strong and hang in there.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
OK Aud, we need another vacation show off around here. Just Kidding. Hope you have fun and can still find a little time to keep in touch with us working stiffs.
Someone talking 'bout me?

I am in my second week of vacation. Woo hoo! Last week I spent part of it up in San Francisco. It was unbelieveably cold! I actually had to go buy a coat, hat, mittens, and a scarf just so I wouldn't freeze to death for my visit over at Alcatraz!

I'm trying not to keep vampire hours now that I'm on vacation, so I'm actually awake when most other people are. It'll probably be pretty rough those first few days when I do go back to work.

Or, I could win the Lotto and I'd never have to worry about that again!

If I ever did win, they'd never hear from me at work again! I wouldn't quit. Oh no. I'd just not go. Sort of like that guy from "Office Space." That would be me.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #7  
Operator265

Oh, I'ld go in. Just long enough to tell them all to kiss my fat, rich A$$.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

well, I'm in work and ready for the 4th of July. At work. I normally weigh myself on Thursday nights but the scale is still missing. I'm more focused on how I feel than on the numbers but I do want to update that ticker...

Right now, if I won the lottery I'd keep working a while at least. But I doubt I'd stay full time for long. I hardly ever buy tickets but every now and then I do and I always hope.

The Twilight books - I really enjoyed them and I'm looking forward to the last one. It's been a long long time since highschool but the author really captured that "first true love" thrill and anxiety feeling perfectly.

I think I'll go do my Sara Ivanson DVD now - that ought to help wake me up a bit!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #9  
Operator265

OMG. Here comes a rant. Look out.

Last week is spent $750 on MY truck(new plugs, wires, distributor cap, it was missing on a cylinder that DD didn't tell me about, oil change was 1500 miles past due and such). I let my DD use it b/c someone tried to steal the car IIIIIII bought her in the apartment complex in the neighborhood I told her I didn't like and screwed up to electronics..... That's another rant in itself.

So anyways.....This morning I head out to work at 5:30 a.m.(did you know I'm NOT a morning person, now you do) and there is a dent right by the gas door of MY car. There is also white paint and a dent on the rear corner of MY truck. They match up perfectly!!! MY daughter hit MY car with MY truck. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Yeah, Y'all, that explosion you heard this morning wasn't fireworks.

Now IIIIIII have to get MY car fixed. So I guess it's a good thing that I forgot to cancel these OT days that I didn't want to work in the first damned place. Now IIIII need the money. So does she. Our birthdays are on the 8th and this year I'm getting her a bike, helmet and outfit to wear to work. Why? Cause she can no longer afford gas since she has to pay me the costs of repairing the damage to MY car while still paying rent and car payments on her car that is sitting in the garage that she can't afford to repair. But they did let HER off work early tonight while IIIIII'm working freaking OT.

Do ya think the little girl ain't wishing she had gone to college now.

Oh, oh, oh, that's not all. So how does she try to apologize. By getting me a Deli Sandwich for after work that is sitting in my fridge stinking it up so good. Now I know why some animals eat their young.

Rant over. I'm hitting the shower and going to bed.

Hope everyone is having a Happy 4th of July. Stay Strong and Keep the Faith. We can do it.

Last edited by Operator265; 07-05-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #10  
Shifty Werewolf

I always thought the first D in abbreviations like "DD" and DH" stood for "dear" but now I'm thinking perhaps it stands for "damned". How old is your daughter Operator?

I used my George Foreman for the first time today. I LOVE it! I can see it's going to get a lot more use.

I'm also considering getting a wii and wii fit. Has anyone here tried it. I know it wouldn't be a regular workout like at the gym but going to the gym is not in my schedule. I could do the wii at work though - it would keep me more active than watching a movie or playing solitaire (yeah, I actually have a job where I often have time to watch a movie or play cards or surf around 3FC....). It sounds like it really focuses on balance which, at my age, would be as valuable a workout as anything else. I really notice how my reflexes aren't what they once were....
Old 07-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #11  
Operator265

Hey Vlad, there was a thred about the wiifit. I think it was under General Chatter. when I get home I'll see if I can find it a post the link, if you can't find it.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #12  
Operator265

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141636

Here's the link for the WiiFit Vlad. And, she's 19. It took an hour or two, but it did turn back into "Dear" once I mellowed. I've screwed things up for my parents a time or two myself. But, that girl has got to quit hitting stuff with my vehicles. Especially another one of my vehicles. Good thing I have a "gallows" sense of humor. But, I did want to share so the other unfortunate breeders out there would know they are not alone.

Good luck with the WiiFit if you decide to get it.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #13  
Operator265

BTW, I think DH can also mean D**k Head.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #14  
Shifty Werewolf

Thanks Operator. I found a few discussions once I searched for "wiifit" all one word. "wii" alone was too short a search criteria which was a bit frustrating.

I've got a co-worker who is going to lend me his wii to try. He doesn't have "wii fit" but I can try the sports games and see what I think. I am not an "exerciser" but I am pretty obsessive so if I can find a wii game that keeps me interested and even moderately active that will be a real plus.

About your DD - wow, 19 is soooo young. And soooo long ago. The transition from "carefree" to "responsible" is a tough one. Good luck to you both on that one.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #15  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

So my crazy life just keeps going!! I've had to turn around to a day schedule each weekend for the last month, and it's wearing me out!!! I hate switching back and forth. It sucks!! One more week and then I'm staying on a night schedule for at least 10 days!!

On the plus side I got to go camping this weekend with my parents. It was really pretty up in the mountains and the lake was gorgeous!! I went on 3 hikes, 2 bike rides, and even paddled around the lake in our canoe for an hour. It was fun to be so active and enjoy nature, but now I am so tired!! I don't have to work until Tues, so I have a couple of nights to turn back around and get somethings done around my house.

Vlad, my brother has a Wii and it's tons of fun!!! I love playing the sports games. Bowling and tennis are my favorite!! I also like this dodgeball game that my nephew has. It's kind of cheesy, but lot's of fun! He doesn't have Wii Fit, but I've heard that it's fun, and is a good way to track your progress. I've almost bought a Wii a few times, but can't justify that much money just yet. Maybe after I pick up a couple of extra shifts.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote