View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #186
Lil Misfit
I'm back!

S/C/G: 144/127/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm new to 3fc, well sort of. I was here before a while ago, and just returned. Anyway, here's my story.

I was one of those lucky girls who never had to worry about my weight. I would eat and eat and never gain a pound. I was always around 110-115. Then I remember when I hit my 30's all of a sudden it was more like 120-125. When I was at 128 I remember thinking I would go crazy if the scale ever topped 130. Then I was diagnosed with candida (a yeast infection in my gut) and was put on a strict regimine of no sugar or yeast for 6 months. I lost 18 pounds and got back down to 110 (and a size 4) again. It was amazing how much different that 18 pounds made. I had my "young" body back again. But it was short lived. I was diagnosed with depression and was put on anti-depressant medications. That's when the weight started to pile on. Within a year I was up to 148! I took myself off the drugs and still couldn't lose the weight, which depressed me even more, so I went back on 'em. Last year I was determined to get my life (and my body) back, so I slowly weaned myself from the meds last summer/fall. But it wasn't until this spring that I finally got the motivation to do something about my weight. I was in a very stressful job and no motivation to change my eating habits or start an exercise routine. Then in March I started a new job and my weight loss efforts were kick-started. It's been 13 weeks and I've lost 13 pounds so far! I started at 144 and am currently at 131. My goal is 120, so I am over halfway there.

I use a recumbent bike that hubby bought me for Christmas 3-4x/week for 48 minutes, then do about 15 minutes of strength training with some 5-8 lb. dumbbells and an ab slide. I also try to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1400/day. My weakness is red wine, so I have limited myself to only having some on weekends.
Lil Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote