Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's Daily chat Wed. July 2nd

Good morning chicks!!!

Had a great night's sleep...feeling refreshed!!! Today we are going to the free movies AGAIN!!! to see Mr. Magorium. We have seen it, but again, looing for things for the kids to do that are FREE!!! So, after that I have to run a few errands for our party on the fourth. We are having around 50 people...it seems to be getting bigger every year (this is the 8th annual, I think)

Anyway, I read last night's posts and want to trespond to Mamatoni. I nursed Frankie (my first) for 4 months, then had to go back to work. I would have done it longer had I not gone back. I loved it, and think it is very beneficial. Cadence was only 10 weeks, she was very collicky and miserable, it was not a good experience with her. As for nursing a 17 month old, I really don't see anything wrong, I think it's a personal decision. The thing I would be more concerned about is her learning to self-soothe, and the fact that she wakes up so many times at night. I don't know how you can do it, I would be whooped!!! At that age, she should be on a sippy cup, not a bottle, IMO. Maybe you could try giving her some milk in a cup wih her meals, see how she takes that, and slowly cut out her feedings (if you and she are ready), but I def. would not introduce a bottle at this late age...that will just bring you a whole other set of issues down the road. good luck with whatever route you take, girlfriend!!!

Okay, off to the shower & breakfast. will check back later.

Have a great day, girls!!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning! I have to go into work early today. We got a new phone system and the training is at 9AM. I usually don't have to be in until 9:30 but told them I'd get there as soon as I could... (I'm thinking next wednesday!! LOL) Anyway, I hate my job and cannot wait until September when I can get a new one. I'm staying here because the hours are 9:30 to 3:30 and was perfect for school hours and is now perfect for camp hours. One my daughter starts middle school I can find a full time job that is more... I don't know... me. I am doing Accounts Payable right now but I am so overqualified for the job that I find it boring and tedious and half the time there isn't enough work so I sit and twiddle my thumbs. Makes the days very long.

So I hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in with you all later!! Enjoy!

:c arrot:

Here are some dancing carrots to brighten your day. I mean, who can't smile at a dancing carrot?

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-02-2008 at 08:41 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Good morning!

I am up early as it is trash day. Yes it is the glamorous life for me!

Congrats on the wedding anniversary GatorGirl.

I don't think that there is anything wierd about nursing a 17 month old. My daughter is coming up on 17 months and I wouldn't feel wierd about nursing her if she wasn't already weaned, she lost interest a long time ago.
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Toni, I don't think you'll find any negatives on this thread from the mom's! I nursed my oldest for 12.5 months, only stopped because he was "done". We had a rocky first 4 months though, til we got the hang of it. I nursed my second for 5.5 months, and it was pure ****. He just didn't want to. I pumped for almost 3 wks. straight around the clock when he wouldn't latch and finally had to give up. I was very upset about that. I am a HUGE supporter of BF'ing. I would have another child in a minute, if it meant I could BF another one! I think I probably would've cut them off at 2 though, if they had gone that long. Just my personal choice, but I have no problems w/extended nursing (> 1yr). KarenK nursed her 2 for a pretty long time also.

GG, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Poppy, Sorry the job is boring. What is your normal job? Are you an accountant? Maybe you'll find something better soon!

Pam, You're having 50 people over??? You're nuts!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Morning Gals!!

I did not get any exercise in yesterday because around 4pm I decided to start drinking my new bottle of wine and I didn't quit until it was gone so had I decided to run or bike or actually move at all at that point I would have been reliving my Salmon dinner in a bad way. So I'm getting ready right now to go out and run, get it done then if I decide to get drunk again, no biggy.

GG, couldn't help but giggle when I read last nights post cause thats why I didn't get on and post. I figured I might say some kooky things in my inebriated state. What am I saying, I say kooky things everyday, ya'll would never have noticed.

Pam, I'm stressed about having 20 people over, I don't know why after the grad party in May, everything else should be a cakewalk. Good luck, something tells me your party will go off without a hitch, you just seem the hostess type.

toni, I agree with the ladies. Nothing wrong with nursing her if it is still working for you both. I do think you should start introducing her to a cup with her meals and stuff like Pam said. I nursed all 5 of mine and we had problems, problems, problems. The longest I nursed was about 6 months but anything is better than nothing. My last one I had planned on trying to nurse until we were both ready to stop but she had issues with my milk so about 8 weeks into the Dr. put her on Nutramigen and she did better. I wish things could have been different but cest la vie. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, you're doing what you feel is best for your baby and thats what matters most.

Well that danged muskrat got away yesterday, I think he's messing with me. I gotta shoot that sucker, he's destroying my pond. Off to run and become like DEATH, ooooooooo

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chickies!

Hi Pam! We saw Mr. Magorium last week at our movie theatre. This week one is playing that the kids have no interest in seeing. Fine with me since I have a lot to do today. Are some of your guests bringing food on the Fourth or are you supplying it all? Sure helps out a ton when people bring stuff.

Poppy ~ Hope that you find a new job come September. Those hours are pretty darn nice. I've never heard of Slim Shots. I must admit that I'm skeptical of stuff like that.

GG ~ Happy Anniversary! Two years already... do you still feel like "newlyweds?" I have a feeling that you'll come back and say YES! I had to laugh at your note as you mentioned how "good" your day was many, many times. I have a plague in my house that reads "whine a little and you'll feel better." LOL.

Gracesmommy ~ trash day here on this end as well. Good for you on taking the Spin Class. Is it hard? I have two friends that teach it and they're in incredible shape.

Hi Lauren ~ I'm curious to hear how Focalin works for you. Is that what Peter is on too? We have a dr. appt. this afternoon for Liam and we'll be switching meds.

Trish ~ You kill me! One day you're getting up early to read the bible and the next you're slinging that rifle over your shoulder to go hunt some muskrats. You are one amazing chickie. BTW, I've been meaning to ask you if you're close to New Harmony, IN? DH surprised me with an overnight stay there two years ago on our anniversary. It was the coolest place.

Toni ~ ditto to what everyone else has to say. I say, do what works best for you. I nursed all three of mine and it reached a certain point when I couldn't wait to be finished. If you're not feeling that way and don't mind getting up so many times during the night then keep doing it. My sister nursed her daughter until she was nearly 3. She never used a bottle or a sippy cup and her little girl went straight from nursing to using a cup with a straw.

Hanna ~ so glad to hear that the little dudes/dudette are doing ok!

Today is a busy day; dr. appointment for DS and then I need to take Annie to the dentist to get sealents on her back teeth. We're having company tonight and tomorrow night so I need to fix some food and clean up the house too. I made the kids get busy yesterday and start picking up stuff. They did a pretty good job (shocker). Much to do and gotta run ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #7  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Hello......

Does anyone have any big plans for the holiday weekend? We are going fishing and will be at the beach most of the weekend.

Toni I feel that any woman who is able to breast feed is lucky. I was not able to. Emrie did not have the sucking relex. So it was very hard and difficult. I always said that if I had another child I would breast feed. I do think that after 2 it is kindof old to still be breast feeding or have a child on the bottle. When Emrie turned 12months I threw all bottles away. She did fine. I don't know if you have seen the show Super Nanny. But there was an episode about a woman who was still breast feeding at 18 months. Her daughter was using it as a soothing thing. So the nanny advised her to only do it a couple of times a day to wean the child off. I would not do it during the night. Because at that age they should be sleeping through the night. But you need to do what is right for you and your child. It is easy for other people to tell you what to do. But we have done what we thought was best for our children.

I saw that some were talking about the fuel prices. Well I have to say this my husband drives a F250 diesel and I drive a VW Jetta diesel. So we are on average paying 4.69 for a gallon. The car is not bad because we get on average 51 miles to a gallon. The truck gets 14 miles to a gallon. I have a patrol unit I get to drive to and from work. So he basically drives the Jetta to and from work. And the truck stays parked. It costs 140.00 to fill up the monster.

GG are you working on Friday?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #8  
LBH

OK, I started typing a response, but it's getting long, so I'm moving it up to the "Let's Discuss our Kids" thread, stickied up top! That's a better place for long, drawn out kid posts. Thanks!

(it'll be there in a bit, I'm still working on it!)
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  
KAR

Morning All,
Just a quick note to say hi! Today is lawn mowing day at our house. So I have my saline solution bottle handy to keep my nose moisturized. I am going to see if that seems to help. Not much else going on here! I just thought I would drop in and say hi to everyone. Later today I hope to be able to come back on and chat more than. But dh is chomping at the bit to get the yard started. I guess the sooner we start the sooner we finish. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Yeah, got my run in, did 3 miles or so, didn't feel too bad, the one knee just won't quit barking at me but I'm gonna ignore her for a little while yet.

Joan I live about an hour and 1/2 northeast of New Harmony, it is a very nice place but I haven't been there since my oldest 3 were little and I was still married to Satan.

Kerry, I'll be thinking about you today, praying you won't get a headache and bloody nose.

fergi, I've been driving the car that I bought big Ds to drive to college, its a Honda Civic and my family bus is a Toyota Sequoia it costs me about 90$ or so to fill it up so I've only been driving it lately for trips to church.

I'm thinking about adopting another dog from the rescue operation that I got Layla from. They have a couple of Boxer/Mastif mix puppies, oh so cute! Only problem is once they rescued them and took them in for shots and sterilization now they've found that they have parvo and they're trying to save them. Hopefully they will be ok, such a shame that people don't take care of their animals. (yes i know what you're thinking, i'm the muskrat killer)

Gotta run, housework, yardwork and kids to make miserable, full day.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #11  

good morning...im in such a great mood today...really dont know why but i wont argue with it...i might go weigh today...i have gained 5 pounds in the past month and a half (even though i havent moved my ticker...i refuse!)...so im gonna try to get there today...watched a little football practice yesterday...i just love it...other than that just the same ol thing over here!

toni: i work at a birthing center where we do prenatal, postnatal, and delivery for women...we completely support breastfeeding for however long mom and baby are comfortable...we have moms here who are still breastfeeding 2 and 3 year olds...you do what works for you and forget whatever one else thinks....do you have a la leche league where you are (i think they are all over) if so you might want to connect with one...they would be a huge support in your ongoing breastfeeding...the research shows the longer you breastfeed the healthier your baby will be as a teen and an adult....good luck!

pam: thats great there are movies more than one day for you to take your kids...we have free movies here for the kids but its only on tuesday mornings...have fun and the party sounds like a blast with that many people

poppy: i hate being bored at work..there is nothing worse...cause for me i can be doing a million other things at home or with my kids..i like to stay busy...even behind if possible!...part of my job is accounts payable...i have to say I HATE IT!....im a medical biller...but with this small office i am more than that when it comes down to it...im human resources, accounts payable and receivable...billing...everything...but i stay busy...they do compensate me very well for it....i hope when you find another job its what you love...what do you do...full charge bookkeeping??..just a guess...try to have a great day!

trish: ha ha good for you!...its great to just cut loose sometimes!...

gg: ha ha to you to...sounds like you had a great time!...happy anniversary

joan: sounds like you are a busy momma today!...love those sealants...i think that saved all of dominics teeth...cause he was a horrible brusher...i was anal though i made them (i worked at the dentist office) go all the way through the bicuspids!....have fun with your company

lauren: how are you feeling today?...have a great day

fergi: yea one of our vehicles is parked not going anywhere either...my car is next to sit if i can get a new one...i have an suv 8 cylinder....gas sucker!!...have a great one

kerry: have fun mowing...great exercise!

ok...gotta get some work done...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #12  
LBH

Day 2 of meds...still don't feel any different.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #13  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone for the feedback and support!! You guys really helped brighten my day. I am still comfortable nursing DD and don't feel weird about it, but after my mom's conversation yesterday I kind of wondered if people were talking about me behind my back. I only nurse at bedtime, so never in public anyway, so why would any one else care?? Anyway, DD has taken a sippy since she was 4 or 5 months old. I had to go back to work and she would hunger-strike all day (11 hours) rather than take a bottle stubborn lady, teenage years are going to be fun! thanks again for all the support, I am such and emotional eater and was feeling really down I was preparing for a bad day...better outlook now...thanks.

Trish, your muskrat rant and evening with the wine really made me laugh, created a great mental image of you going after the muskrat after the wine...lol

Christina, enjoy your good mood, infect others!

Kerry, good luck with the lawn mowing, will keep you in my thoughts today.

Fergi, I hear you on the gas prices, I just filled up my DH's truck the other day, $125!!!!!!! We only use it to haul water, but you kinda need water...we are looking into cheaper option, but a well is $18,000 and we can't really afford that yet. When is Emrie getting back?

Lauren, did the dr. say when you should start feeling the affects? I thought it was supposed to be pretty immediate.

Pam, if you are looking for free kids stuff, check out the library. Ours has all sorts of weekly events, next tuesday a 4-H group is doing a mini petting zoo, they had a guy come and talk about bees and honey, he brought some of his bees to show the kids. Lots of different free stuff.

Hi to everyone else and thanks again. you all made me
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

afternoon all. I have today off and spent the day helping DH put up siding on the house. Its slowly coming along. I am going to see the pony this afternoon. Nothing else exciting. Definately tired from all the wine last night LOL...you guys are right..things always seem better with wine on board (: Luckily no hang over.
lol at trish...i usually try not to post when drunk...but oh well. hope you get that darn muskrat...sort of reminds me of the caddyshack gopher LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

CCmom... OMG! I was cracking up that you got yourself a little... shall we say... happy? last night. I don't drink very often but sometimes I'll have wine left over from a party or holiday and I'll have a glass after work or something. I found a great box wine (don't laugh) from Franzia called Chillable Red... OMG!! It is soooooo good! I always have people tell me that it's the best wine they've ever had. You keep the box in your fridge and it has a little spigot so on those bad days at work you can just turn on the spigot and lay on the floor under it with your mouth open!!! LOL

So, some of you asked me what I do normally since I'm overqualified for my job... For as long as I can remember I've worked in some form of the accounting process. Usually with a lot of responsibility and a very diversified list of activities to accomplish. Plus I'm very good on the computer so I love lots of computer projects. Then in 1996, the HR person left and I was promoted to that postition and stayed in the HR field until 2002 when I got sick. I woke up in January 2002 so sore and unable to move that I had to have my husband come home and take me to the doctor. For a couple of months prior, I was having difficulty picking things up and pain in my wrists so they thought it was carpal tunnel. I eventually was in so much pain that I had to go on disability and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and no meds worked. Finally in September, they diagnosed me with RA and Fibromyalgia. I don't know why it took so long to figure it out. Once they got my meds under control, I went back to school to become a Realtor and I did that for 4 years until the end of 2006.

So I took a year off (no I couldn't afford it but my hubby gave the OK so here I am), worked on my house and my online website and went back to work in December of 2007. I really thought that it was going to take me a long time to get acclaimated back into the work force. You know, stuck at a desk all day, learning the office hierarchy and of course, all of the work that you know you will have. It didn't take long though.

Within the first month I missed my old desk jobs and knew that I had made the wrong decision... but I'm glad I took it especially since no one else was banging down my door to give me a part-time job. Do you know how hard it is to find a part-time HR job?? So that's the plan for september. It's not even a want anymore... Now I NEED to get the heck out of there because my immed. supv. is a loonbag. He is the assistant controller.

I do work for him and he tells the controller that he did it. He never answers my emails even if it's a question about work for him and if I ask him a question in person, he asks me 10 redundant questions before he'll ask me exactly what I just asked him. He is very short so I think he has a Napoleon complex or something. And he's bald. I swear someday the shine coming off him is more than I can bear. I just keep telling myself "2 more months!!" LOL

I gotta to update my FitDay... tawk at ya lata'!!!

(Sorry this got so long!! LOL)

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-02-2008 at 04:34 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote