Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default July 2008 Bootcamp challenge!

Would anyone like to join us bootcamp girls in a July 2008 challenge? We started one in June, lost some data in a system crash and although some members kept plugging along but we are starting "fresh" with a new month here. It's time for July BOOTCAMP girls!

Our Bootcamp doesn't have an official diet (we are here to keep each other accountable and motivate one another), although it's suggested to cut back to about 1200-1500 calories. But we are going to PUSH exercise this month. At least 5-6 days a week of HARD 30-45 min per day! If you are exercising at home use the more "boot camp" style dvd's like tae bo, kickboxing, bootcamp, Biggest Loser dvd's, etc. Also try to incorporate some weight training at least twice a week.

We are here this month to BURN THE FAT!

Here's the prep steps for our bootcamp challenge to be done as soon as possible in late June or July:

#1 - Clean out junk food from your kitchen, all of it! No junky carbs, unhealthy sweets, and trigger foods! Restock your kitchen with HEALTHY foods, it's summer so it's a great time for fruits and veggies. Organize your cookbooks, get new ones, study clean eating and tighten up your diet!

#2 - Declutter your home. At least start with the kitchen and main living areas. It's hard to think, set goals and move forward with there's junk everywhere! Flylady.net is a great website with ideas on how to stay on top of the clutter.

#3 - Get an Exercise/diet journal or use your current one - can be print or online. Make sure you have room for writing down what you eat plus exercise. Many here use fitday.com or calorieking. I like a print journal myself.

#4 - Personal grooming - clean yourself up, wax your brows, shave your legs, get a haircut/color, organize your makeup and hair stuff, paint your toe nails a bright color and have a system for your clothes. Bootcamp girls like to look their best even with a few extra lbs! Besides the more you have your grooming life in order the more positive and business like you'll be about moving forward not just in this area of your life, in others as well!

#5 - Buy any equipment you need for bootcamp - dvds, hand weights, mat, books, etc or join a gym if you need to.

#6 - Water - bottles everywhere, we are going to drink and drink water this month. Buy it by the gallons.

#7 - Set short goals for July bootcamp and long term goals for your fitness/dieting. If you diet and exercise hard this month you could see a loss of 1-2 lbs per week.

#8 - Create at least one affirmation (mantra) to repeat throughout the month, tape it on your mirror and the fridge along with your main goals

#9 - Pick one other area of your life to work on this month besides dieting to begin shaping other areas of your life that might need discipline (for example organizing clutter, your relationship, work, spiritual life) - those of us who have gained weight often lack self discipline so we are working on this, one area at a time.

#10 - Make a contract with yourself in your journal or here online, date it July 1, 2008. If you need to, to stay on track, refer to your contract and goals daily, or even set goals every night for the next day to REALLY stay on track!

#11 - Weigh yourself and take measurements June 30 or July 1

#12 - Nutrition/diet plan – keep up on magazine articles, check out library books and be informed about dieting/weight loss. Follow an "official" diet plan or create your own. Be sure to include the supplements and nutrients you need for exercising HARD this month, lots or protein, plenty of vitamins! If it inspires you, look at magazines, pictures of fit women. Visualize this, YOU CAN DO IT!

Ok, who's in for July bootcamp? In the bootcamp we started that got "lost" in cyberspace many introduced themselves, where they live, age and goals. Shall we do this again? Let's all try to REALLY REV IT UP AND HOLD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE THIS MONTH!!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  

Any bootcamp girls here to sign up over the weekend?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Horsey I'm Here! (as you knew I would be!) I definately need to work on step #2 tomorrow! The house is DISTROYED right now! AHH!

The rest I've done pretty good keeping up with since last month. I'm going to continue the 30-45 mins 6 days/week and keep my cals between 1200-1500. I've been on plan for 9 days now in a row - no sense in stopping! :P
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/174/168

Height: 5'7

I'm in!

I joined up to the last one full of good intentions, then lots of things happened and I couldnt manage it. I've put on and lost a few lbs since, and am back at 212lbs.

This month I am going away for 3 weeks, but it's a good opportunity for me to really stick to this.

Would love to get under 200lbs by August, so aiming for 13lbs weight loss! I know it's high, but I need to lose as much as possible by 6th August for a hospital consultation.

I joined a gym this month and I'm going 4 times a week at the moment. Will also add in 5mile walk a day, and a fitness dvd, as I really want to shift this.
jacqu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #5  

Hi there!
I'm in! June was a good "practice" month, but now I'm ready for the real thing.

Are we still going to weigh in on Sundays?

I'll write up my goals later.

Have a great Sunday!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #6  

I weighed in today - and I'm down #3 from last week! So My July Boot Camp start weight is: #191.6. My goal is to lose #1.2 a week right now to hit my Christmas goal of being "overweight" (#163.6) so I'm going to set a goal of #5 for the month of July. (a little over #1.2 a week)
Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #7  

Good for you Enygirl! You are really going for it. The rest of us will try to catch up with you here! Today is Sunday and I've started Body for Life, a 12 week program so this is my day off, nice to have a day to not think too much about dieting, they call it a "cheat" day but I'm trying to only cheat if at all one meal as I really want July to go well. It's going to be a busy month for me too, family coming to town for a week, then I'll again hit the road for business for about a week mid month. Yes June was our "practice" month, so let's really rev it up in July! Today I am organizing more for company, feel better without clutter everywhere.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #8  

Darby, yes I think we should all weight in on Sundays still! I'm only going to weigh on Sundays if I can keep myself off the scale.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #9  

If we're weighing in on Sundays then I'll start with today's weigh-in.

I'm at 213.5 as of this morning, which thrills me because I was at 220 this time last week!

Obviously I won't be getting these sort of results every week, but I'm working for 2 lbs a week.

Tomorrow I'll start doing the 30 day shred. I think I'll do that every other day and do HIIT on the opposite days.

horsey-the first week I did BFL I was actually dreaming about cheat foods the night before my cheat day! I went way overboard on that day and then it was SO hard to get back into diet frame of mind. I think you're doing well with just the one cheat meal.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #10  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

I would like to join in the July Bootcamp. This will be my first time doing one but it seems like something that could only help my life, right?!? This is going to be a busy month for me but I'm going to really try hard to make it happen. I'd like to see if I can lose between 6-10 pounds this month.(I know that's alot but I really need to try) I just weighed myself today & it's 238. I started last night organizing without even knowing that I would be participating in this boot camp so I'm on the right track!

To tell you all a little about myself:
I'm 29 years old and I currently live in San Antonio, Texas (orginially from the Chicago area). I've been married for 3 years and have been gaining the weight over the last 7 years that I've known my husband. I've tried to lose before but more often than not I've had the "oh who cares" attitude. But I need to do this now for myself. I have 3 dogs that love to go for walks and I was doing really well taking them out everyday but I've been slacking the last 2 weeks. I need to get myself back out there in addition to starting some other type of exercise routine. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Now I just need to get my butt movin'!
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #11  

jacqu79, Darby1, Enygirl - how about we all introduce ourselves again and state our goals for the month? And anyone else that wants to join us?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

I'd love to join, but I don't own a scale lol
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Okay...I wasn't going to do this one mainly because it looked so hard and I didn't think I was ready but this morning I woke up and I gained a pound back (not because I wasn't following my diet and exercise routine...I guess just regular fluctuations and I know TOM is here very soon!) But anyways...I realized my way of thinking about this challenge is what is keeping me a fat fatty....so count me IN!!!! and my mantra is going to me "NO MORE EXCUSES TO KEEP ME FAT!" I will log back in with all my details a little later once I have them. YAY I'm a bootcamp girl!!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  

betty - join anyway! set your goal as an increased, more intense workout regime!

As for introductions: I'm Eny! i'm newly divorced (FINALLY!) and I have an incredible BF - Joe (I talk about him all the time) I also have the world's most amazing 6 year old Daughter - Hunter. Ther two of them are my entire world! I've always been overweight - starting in childhood. My highest weight was #241 in Jan of 2006, and that's when I decided that I wanted to do something. I didn't do much except cut back on the fast food I was eating - but I managed to drop about #20. Then in Sept. of last year I decided to really commit to myself and do this! I did great up until March - and then put a lot back on. So in May I recommitted and I'm going strong right now.

My official Bootcamp weigh in is #191.6. My Main goal right now is to be "overweight" at Christmas - which is #163.6. I started a challenge w/ my mom, sister and BFF. I'm focusing on losing #1.2 a week in order to hit that goal. I'm doing it by exercise 30-45 mins 5 days a week and 1200-1500 cals a day. I've been on plan for 11 days now, and last week I dropped #3! I'm revamping my July Bootcamp goal though a little. I want to lose #6.1 this month. It's about #1.5 a week - but it will put me at #185.5 which is the 1/2 way to goal mark! (It's AWESOME to be that close to 1/2 way!) Plus then I'm buying myself an MP3 player

My ultimate goal is to be #130. I haven't set a goal date for that yet... I'm just working towards it!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default Up for the CHALLENGE!!

Okay like I said I'm in. I figure I will go ahead and start today since I will be posting results on the 31st so that way I get the full 31 days in!!! I've been FLYing for about two months now so the clutter is under control!!! This is truely an important step in weight loss I believe!! I also have the grooming thing under control....except for going to get the hair cut/color...I can't do anything that costs a bunch of money.....I have to choose between a gym membership and those things and right now the gym is winning!! Any who1 I always wear my hair up so...but I've done everything else...so lets do this

Here goes:

Current status --->
Weight 255
Bust 48 inches
Waist 49 inches
Hips 55 inches
Thigh 28 inches

GOALS -->
Lose 3lbs per week and lose 14 lbs over all for the whole challenge month of July. So goal weight is 241

Goal measurements:
Bust - 45 inches
Waist - 46 inches
Hips - 52 inches
Thighs - 26 inches

1500 calories per day
Breakdown
Breakfast - 300
Snack - 100
Lunch - 400
Snack - 200
Supper - 500

Water goal is 80 oz per day

Exercise goals
Bootcamp Cardio DVD workouts - 45 minutes / 5 days a week (Mon - Fri)
Power walking - 2 miles per day / 5 days a week (T, R, F, S, Sun)
Strength training - 30 min per day / 3 days a week (M, W, F)

Exercise / Diet Blog on 3FC website (link to it is under my name on this post)

Area of life to work on : Money management and sticking to a budget

MANTRA: Stop making excuses that keep you fat!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote