South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday "Humpday" Chat

What a delightful morning! I enjoyed my first cup of coffee outside, enjoying the soft breeze. One more day until it turns hot again, and I just heard we may get thunderstorms for the 4th!

I don't have much to do today, and I think we'll spend the afternoon just hanging around the house after the girls get home from camp. I'm going to try that recipe for chicken with avocado and Swiss cheese for supper tonight, and probably have it with roasted green beans. I'm eager to try that calabacitas recipe that Cyndi recommended, too, but I'm almost out of squash for now. I've been eating it raw in my salads, and I'm almost addicted to it!

How's your Wednesday shaping up?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mine looks like sunshine again - two whole days in a row. Right now little Disney is having a temper tantrum because she wants her breakfast and can't have it. She is off to have her teeth cleaned at 8:30 and can't eat or drink because of the anesthetic. She's running around in circles and barking or growling at me every so often.

I think Donna comes to clean this morning unless the holiday screwed her up, Hersh and I do pet therapy at noon and I need to make (or buy!) squares for the hort society meeting tonight. There's more schoolwork sorting to be done too so I'll manage to keep busy.

Hope your Wednesday isn't too humpy!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like a nice day here too. Unfortunately I'll be in the office all day but I will be able to get a bike ride in this afternoon.

Cottage - Aren't fresh vegetables the best?! I picked up more squash yesterday and tomorrow is CSA day.

Ruth - Poor Disney! Does Hershey have food? That must really make her mad.

Kim - crossing threads here but I love your movie choices Half my Netflix queue is old movies and another third is exercise videos!

It's official - tomorrow is a half day in our office. It's always nice to get a little extra time off.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, I put some squash in spaghetti sauce yesterday (along with turkey cutlets) so if anyone has an abundance of the stuff right now, that's one way to use it up!!

Ruth, hope Disney can make it to the teeth cleaning before she "starves". poor baby. I took Stitch to the beauty parlor the other day to get his hair all evened out since it is now growing back from the allergies. He looks kind of like a deranged lion, but cute.

No big plans for the day except for taking a ride to Baton Rouge with a friend who has to bring a boat engine in to be fixed.

I ordered that Jillian Micheal's "shred" dvd yesterday. Went to walmart hoping to find it there, but they didn't have it, so I got a 10 minute abs dvd and just ordered the other from Amazon. Tried the ab one out last night...did 2 of the 10 minute sections and it kicked my butt. Going to do WATP this morning to switch stuff up a little.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cyndi..we were posting at the same time. Hope your work day goes by fast so you can go play!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
DH is off to the airport. I am enjoying my last cup of DH-made coffee. He'll arrive at the ship in Sasebo late tomorrow night, so I'll be a little edgy until I know he's there.

I just inspected the garden, DH did most of the work this year, and he didn't have a chance to eat any of the tomatoes. Last night he broke down and stopped at a farm stand so he could have some garden tomatoes before he went. Anyway, I am not naturally green-thumbed, so I'm never sure how the garden will do every year. We got some nice lettuces, and the tomatoes are doing well, but the green peppers are not growing. Last year they did the best. Maybe that's just the cool weather. Three of the zukes look great and lots of blossoms, but one is stunted and the leaves are so full of tiny holes, they look like lace. I guess that's a bug, but why are they eating only one plant? I'm afraid it'll spread to the others. Any ideas gardening chicks?

DD1 and DS are still at the beach, DH is off on his trip, and DD1 has dance camp today, so the planets have aligned (very rare), and I've got the house to myself most of the day!

cottage, I've been wanting to try that chicken recipe too. Make sure you give us a review! I also grate summer squash and put it straight into the freezer in baggies. When you thaw it you have to pour off a lot of water, but then it can go into soups, sauces, or casseroles.
Sounds like a lovely quiet day Cat.
Enjoy your bike ride Cyndi.
Poor Disney, I can feel her pain.
Nat'sMom hope you and the baby slept well last night.
Nessa, thinking of you and your interview today. Hope all goes well.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #7  

Well, my day is planned. Cindy just called to say Audrey woke up with a fever and diarrhea, so no camp for her today. And of course Maggie is having a fit because she doesn't want to go if Audrey gets to stay home. So I told her I'd be there by 8:30 or so. Cindy is getting all stressed out now, worrying that they'll all be sick right before they leave on vacation. I think Audrey just has had too much time in the sun and pool. I see that happen a lot in the summer with kids.

Cat, I always cut up squash, broccoli, and other veggies into my spagetti sauce. It's a great way to get more veggies in, and I'll often eat just the sauce while everyone else is eating pasta. BTW, your DS is one good-looking guy!

Cyndi, It must be exciting, wondering what's going to be in your CSA box each time! How often you do get an order?

Ruth, poor little Disney! She must feel like we do when we can't have coffee before blood work! Make sure she gets something special to eat for breakfast after having to wait for it!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 AM   #8  

Good morning, Schmoodle! I'll keep your DH in my thoughts and pray that he has a safe trip. Yes, usually have a stash of shredded zucchini in my freezer to add to whatever I'm cooking in the winter. I love it in my carrot cake, although I don't make it very often nowadays! I wonder what's going on with your peppers? Mine are pretty prolific this year, we have two that are almost ready to be picked. My problem is the eggplant, though. We have two of them that are just sitting there. Are they slow growers, or what? Everything else is doing well, except for them. They don't look sick or anything, just not growing as fast as I think they should be. Enjoy your empty nest today!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Just conquered the first hump of the day. I put the kettle on and forgot it! It boiled dry and steamed up the kitchen. (I was in the front of the house comforting poor starving Disney.) It still has a bottom in it but may never be the same again. I sure hope this isn't one of those days when bad things come in threes!

Cottage, sorry your day didn't work out as planned. Yes, do let us know how the chicken and avocado turns out.

Cat, sounds like you have a nice relaxing day ahead. My fur-baby needs to go to the fur-stylist soon. I've been trying not to do too many potentially traumatic things with her. She has some matted fur on her legs that needs to be cut off. By the way, she definitely was a Katrina rescue dog from LA - I finally got the records.

Schmoodle, it must be tough having your DH so far away for so long. Enjoy your "alone" time. I have no idea about the zuke bugs. Maybe you can catch one and take it to a garden centre. There are some safe bug sprays. If only one plant is affected, they are probably crawling rather than flying critters.

CyndiM, glad the half day off came through. You should have a great long weekend now. Summer veggies are just starting here - my cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes are just now in blossom which is very late this year. No flowers on the beans that survived the deer nibbles - yet. I usually have green beans for July 15 but not this year. Lettuce and onions have been great though.

Disney has given up begging for food. She just decided to get up on the blue velvet chair to get even with her mean Mummy. We're outta here in a half hour.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I'm back! ....After too long.... back on Phase 1 ( my 4th day)
Nice to see familiar folks still here, Ruth, Cottage, Femme, Schmoodle and newbies as well.

I got side tracked on the road of life... Found my way back to the Beach, shaking off the sand from my towel ready for a nice long stay.

Have a great day... (mine is winding down)
Old 07-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi indigal! Great to see you back on the beach!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

back. I wondered if you got lost in the Himalayas!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

It feels good to be back... yeah I wish I was in the Himalayas! But nooooo.... just in drought ridden Maharashtra.... The monsoon rains didn't get to us in May/June.
Now the winds will keep the rains at bay till September as we're on the back side of the ghats... Hopefully we'll get some then... This is the time I usually play in my garden... I'm not planting much of a garden this year because there is no water to water them... just to sustain my established plants...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone, Happy Wednesday

Cottage sorry to hear about your day hope that Audrey feels better

Schmoodle- Hope Disneys teeth cleaning goes well this morning, DS and DD1 are getting their teeth cleaned today as well

Cyndi- don't work to hard

Schmoodle- I know how hard it is when DH is gone for awhile- stay strong

Cat- you will have to let us know how the "Shred" Video is

Indigal- Welcome back to the Beach

As for me, I am at work- but the scale has finally moved for me- I am not changing anything until it sticks for a week, but I am excited anyways.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oy busy ladies all gabby today

cottage sorry the easy day got changed
ruth sorry about the kettle and disney being hungry. bagel was like that last night and he barks like every 45 seconds just ONE bark. SO annoying...

schmoodle... hope you survive without your DH (he's a cutie ladies)....
thanks for the good wishes

cyndi congrats on half a day

welcome to indigal

wow i did personals... if i missed folks I'm sorry... i suck at personals.

me:
scale 215.4 not bad after yoga and cardio last night. my thighs hurt today so i'm betting on a touch of water retention

10 am is my phone interview and then i can leave here at 3:15 but i'll stay for a bit do some credit.... then to the POOL for swimming laps/lengths.

DH is still home but healing... just a big huge baby....
Closed Thread