Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Daily CHat Tues. July 1st!!

Welcome to July everyone!!!

REal quick post, gotta get a shower & get moving...taking kids to free movies today (have to get them out of the house!!), but just wanted to say hey!!

lauren, hope you will be feeling more "even" soon!!

hanna, gald to see you bakc!!

GG, hope today is a better one for ya!!

Joan, two cookies? Not so bad. It sure beats killing the kids, right?? lol!!

Poppy, I live in Warrington...right up Street Road!!! Welcome!!!

Okay, gotta move...will talk later girls.

Have a SUPAH DUPAH day!!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

pmasci... wow! 15 minutes away!! LOL Whodathunkit?? Thanks for the welcome. Glad you had a nice vacation. I'm jealous... I don't even know if we're going to make it to the shore this year.... Gas is so $$$$$$ and we usually stay at my cousins house but she got lucky this year with renters and it's not available for most of the season. I'm glad for her though... last year she rented it for two weeks out of the whole season and one of the family's never showed up. Seems her realtor forgot to collect a security deposit and the people changed their minds. I was mad too because I spent a whole friday down there helping her clean for their arrival the next day... Grrrrr.... That's right, she never even knew they didn't show up until her realtor called her monday morning to tell her. Needless to say, she was a bit miffed.

Morning everyone! I'm off to work but just wanted to stop in and say hi and that I hope you all have a good day!!!

Later!

PS - where are the free movies you speak of?

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-01-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: forgot PS... LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Morning,

Had a good night, got my run in after Mr. D's b-ball game, he got asked to play right after his game with a "big boy" team that was missing a couple of kids, he was excited to get to play on the big field. While they were warming up I was able to get my run in, but ooooo the hills out that way are huge, and since I haven't measured out that way I had no idea how much I was doing and I think I went a little too far, my hips and knees are aching this morning. Think I'm gonna run a little this evening but I'm gonna spend the bulk of my workout time on my bike.

Hanna, glad to hear from you, hope the doogies are ok.

Pam, free movies, thats awesome! What will you be seeing?

poppy, I wasn't passing judgment, and I do think you're list of rules is fantastic. I can't think of things in those terms, for one because I will never , never, be "skinny", second if I think of it those terms it becomes a vanity issue, and thirdly I have known 2 women (good friends) in the last 5 years that thought because they were skinny they were healthy, they both died at 42 and 43 from a heartattack and one from a stroke. So, I'm not disrespecting you, I'm just saying for me its hard to digest the skinny thing when I hold on to the healthy thing. I think you are on the right path and whatever terms you have to put it in to motivate you is what you have to do. I carry way too much mental baggage. Keep up the good work.

joan, I turn to the choc. cookies everytime, 2 is not the end of the world. Like pam said, its better than tearing your children limb from limb in the store, thats usually frowned upon.

Gg, sounds like a crazy day, hope you got plenty of rest. I know it doesn't really help but I have great respect for vets and even though you may never hear it theres someone out there that is extremely grateful for the work you do, for the care you've given their "baby". So with great wisdom "don't worry, be happy".

Gotta go, the muskrats are out by my pond, time to go hunting.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #4  

Thank you CCmomof5, I appreciate your post. I too know that skinny doesn't necessarily mean healthy. Maybe it's the use of the word skinny that is so bothersome. To put it more into perspective... at my thinnest adult weight I was 150 but I was 5' 9" so that was pretty thin. I now have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia and have shrunk an inch to 5' 8". My ultimate goal is 160 and if I decide to lose 5 or 10 more from there, I will. I just want to get to 160 first and not put so much pressure on myself. So 5' 8" and 160 is certainly not skinny but it's a **** of a lot thinner than 240!! LOL

With my illnesses, I don't want to work out like I did when I hurt so much that I could hardly move the next day. A walk each day is something that is feasible and that I can do on a daily basis. Like you said... We all need to use what motivates and works for us. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #5  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning all.....

GG: Thanks for the advice. She is 12. Right now she is in all AP classes and makes 100's on her report cards. She is very smart. I don't think she will have a problem on that end. It is the tuition I worry about. My parents have a "farm" cows and all that she spends alot of time out there. She loves it.

Ladies: I read a couple of articles yesterday and they were saying that if you eat a big breakfast with high protein that it curves your appetite the rest of the day. They did a survey and the low carb group lost more in the first 4 months but in the next four months the big breakfast group lost more and they also lost 21% of their weight. The low carb group lost 4.5%. I thought it was pretty interesting.

There was also an article about how when thinner women work out it curves the appetite. But for bigger women it makes them hungrier. I will find the articles again and post the site. But they were pretty interesting.

As far as everything else it is good. I am counting down the days until the vacation. I can not wait.

I switched over the membership to closer to the house. I started doing the Core Ball workouts. They are tough but so worth it. Trying to watch what I eat. But like I said yesterday. I am fine at work it is when I get home that it gets bad.

Well yall have a good one.

Fergi

Last edited by fergi; 07-01-2008 at 10:05 AM.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Here is the sight for the articles.

www.diet-blog.com

Last edited by fergi; 07-01-2008 at 10:03 AM.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good Morning all!
Fergi- Sounds like interesting articles...I have a hard time with breakfast in the morning...will have to check it out..

Toni- Please don't be jealous...this was the first trip...it could all go downhill from here!!

I hope all the rest are well...enjoying your movies, vacations and time.

GG- Hang in there...sorry things are so tough. I had no idea how stressful being a vet could be...are you large/small, do you do ER work? I can't imagine all you have to deal with.

I will write more later...I really, desperately need to clean my house...Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Lisa, That's what the happy pill is for...to deal with Peter!

Hanna, What's going on with me? Apparently the rating scale I completed says I'm the worst case of ADD in a 40 y/o woman! Go figure...

Will try and get back later.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  

Hey girls,,,

Just saw "The Last Mimzy"...pretty good movie. Really nice brother/sister bond in the story.

Poppy...yup, pretty funny how close we are!!! We go to the Regal cinema in Warrington, but I think the Oxford Valley one has the program too. Check it out online, it's called the Regal Family Film festival, or something like that. They show free movies on Tues. & Wed mornings. they are usually from the previous year, but hey it get us out of the house, and I bring all our popcorn & drinks with us, so you can't beat it. BTW..where is your sister's shore house?? We were in Sea Isle, have been going there for the past 12 years.

Trish, take it easy on yourself girl!!! I have to say, I really enjoy reading your posts. You have such a colorful, perfect way of describing life...I love it!!!

Fergi, gonna check out the articles...I do find that when I work out, I tend to eat more. Don't they say that 60-70% of weight loss is diet, the rest is exercise??? Interesting.

Okay, gotta go have lunch...

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post
Hey girls,,,

Poppy...yup, pretty funny how close we are!!! We go to the Regal cinema in Warrington, but I think the Oxford Valley one has the program too. Check it out online, it's called the Regal Family Film festival, or something like that. They show free movies on Tues. & Wed mornings. they are usually from the previous year, but hey it get us out of the house, and I bring all our popcorn & drinks with us, so you can't beat it. BTW..where is your sister's shore house?? We were in Sea Isle, have been going there for the past 12 years.

Pam
My mom is friends with one of the managers at the Warrington Regal! LOL What a hoot! I would love to hit some free flicks but I work and my daughter goes to camp. My son works with my husband and they're off on tuesdays so maybe they can check it out.

It's actually my cousins house and it's in Villas, NJ just north of Wildwood. It's right between wildwood and Cape May on the delaware bay side of NJ. We always stayed in Cape May but she bought this house a couple of years ago so we've been staying there since it's free. Cape May is so expensive now, it's barely affordable. The only problem with staying in Villas (and this is not The Villas in Cape May, it's a town called Villas) is that we have to drive everywhere. We're two blocks from the bay but we have to drive to wildwood to go to the beach.. it's about 8 miles. So the money we save on a hotel, we spend on gas!! LOL I'll tell ya... you just can't win!! I've never stayed in Sea Isle but I've heard it's nice there.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #11  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon!

for free movies!

Also for myself for making it through a hard spin class last night and I have now have gone through 24 of sensible eating, not strict dieting, just plain old sensible (lots of veggies, protein and fibre). I am resting my sore body this evening. Maybe I will finish yesterday's laundry

It seems like you guys are pretty accident prone. I hope it isn't infectious.
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #12  

Just got done my after dinner walk... feeling weak and sore today. My RA and Fibro are in full swing today so I thought I would make myself take my walk and I'm so glad I did... I feel better.

I had a pretty good eating day too. Dinner was a little off... hot dogs and french fries but not from out, we made it at home. I know it's not the best but that's the point of my eating...flexibility and good choices 90% of the time. If my family eats hot dogs and french fries, so do I. I refuse to eat differently and then resent it later... I've done that too many times.

So tonight I'll have my snack and that'll be it for me.

***SLIM SHOTS UPDATE***
I can say that I didn't take my Slim Shot at lunch today to see if I would be starving all afternoon and ..... drumroll please... I WAS STARVING BY DINNERTIME even though I had my afternoon snack of a piece of fruit!! The days I take my lunchtime Slim Shot, I make it to dinner with no problem.

I think Slim Shots is working for me!!!

I like this post... I think I'll copy it to my blog for my daily blog post.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #13  

good evening all! busy busy...we have lots of babies due this month with lots of financial cut backs until our wonderful governor submits our state budget...until then our biggest payor which is state medicade doesnt pay!...soo good and bad at work...but for me its all good!

fergi...i havent had a chance to read the articles yet but i can tell you....I SWEAR BY MY MORNING PROTEIN SHAKES..my trainer actually told me about it..i cant stand the taste so what i do is blend fatfree milk, protein powder and a weight watchers chocolate shake and its great...every morning...i swear that if i run out of any one of the ingredients and dont drink one for a few days...things are just not the same

lauren: good luck with the meds...how are you feeling today?..have you started them?

gg: hope your work day went well for you!

pam: ive never heard of that movie...ill have to check it out...glad you had a good time!

poppi: how much is gas out your way?...we are at 4.59 right now...i hate it!

cc: how exciting he got asked to play with the "big boys" thats wonderful...i love when older kids or teams allow the younger ones to join in sometimes...it always makes the younger ones feel special and i like that....how are your aches this evening...

mcmommy: hi! hope you didnt work too hard cleaning!

gracesmommy: hi! i havent had a chance to welcome you yet...spin class that sounds great...congrats on your sensible eating...keep up the wonderful work!

hanna: how is sean today?..i always think about him...i just love him and i have never met him!...i think i do because dominic has a friend who is being raised by his grandparents due to his moms addiction and that is also how he was born..i just love that kid!...hope you are doing well yourself!...oh, we will be in la in i think sept and go to disneyland...maybe we can meet up while we are vacationing down there...ill let you know!

well....dominic is now playing varsity football...he started weight training and practice last week...3 hours per day monday through friday...mon, wed, fri is weight training, tues, thurs is practice...he plays fullback and linebacker...cant wait for games!...he starts regular highschool in august...please pray he does well...i think after all this he will be successful...little mario is the same...running all day long!

ok...have a great night all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #14  

poppy: we were posting at the same time!

what is a slim shot?
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

Lauren I am sorry to hear that even thought it sounds funny LOL.

GG I hope you had a better day at work today. Have there been any other changes at work? did you get more nurses, I remember you were short staffed right?

Welcome Puppyseeds! I am kind of a regular here, but some times I just have too much going on... life!

HI Pam! I have not been a the movies in a while! we rented the last mimzee and loved it, I think we bought it for Sean.

Trish thank you for the welcome back! I know being skinny is not necesarly healthy, that is for sure, I know a couple of people who have died suddenly and we all thought they were the healthiest people, just because they looked fit, not!
I am not saying that being skinny is bad, neither extreme is good (heavy or skinny).

Our night here last night was horrible, after I went downstairs w/DH to just relax, the little dude Bailey #3 was just not acting normal, then he was just asleep and we thought we had lost him, it was pretty sad, so immediatly DH took him back to the ER and they kept him overnight hooked to IV's and monitored all night, they had to keep an eye on his liver they did a complete liver work up, the worst of his simptoms were just hyper tension and panting. So I kept a close eye on the little dudette and little dude here at home making sure their gums had good coloring and that they were not having the same things that Bailey was going through, they were all OK. I picked him up at 6 am this morning and he is all fine, thank G-d only $900 later...
But he is fine so that's awesome! I love my dudes, you all know that lol.
I was pretty much worthless all day, I am still super tired, I am going to go to bed very early tonight.
I will see you guys tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote