Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Mon. June 30th

Morning Everyone,
Just a quick note to wish you all a great day! I must be starting to feel better. I got up this morning and did a 30 minute workout. So now it is off to get ready for my busy day ahead. So I will chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...very tired this am. Tried to get up to go to the gym...but it didn't happen. Oh well..sometimes sleep is important (: Hope everyone is good.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey Ladies!!!

Well, read through some of the posts this am (really need to work out, but after 10 days off it's hard to get motivated!!!) Sounds like everyone had a full week!!

I weighed myself yesterday, only gained 2 pounds on vaca, but I feel like my clothes are a lot tighter (like I said, didn't work out at all. I take that back, I did like 200 crunches, but that was over the course of two days...I can't even really count it, lol)

Karen, i hope little Cass is okay. It stinks when they can't tell you what's wrong. I hope that if it's not resolved, the docs can get a handle on it!

Lauren, good luck at the docs...and I hope Eli's surgery goes well. I'm with Alicia,...I think I paid 150.00 to get Daisy spayed, of course she is a female, so I guess it is more involved, and she did stay overnight. How's the job been treating ya??

Alicia, how's YOUR job going?? Been looking for anything else?? How's summer going so far?

Steph, I forgot you were going away already...we have our 10th in Nov. I do remember talking about you going to Honduras, boy it came up fast!!! Hope it's lots of fun!!!

Patricia, congrats on the good work. You should be proud of yourself!!! Keep it up and you'll be in great shape for YOUR trip!!!

Kerry, hope you & DH are getting along better. Are you still looking for a summer job?? Hope you enjoy all your "traveling" today!!

Everyone else, hope you are well. I gotta get my butt in gear here. Gonna do a couple 10 min. trainer workouts, then lots of laundry & cleaning. I really need to get to the store for milk , fruit, all the stuff that needs to be replenished form being away. will check in later!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #4  

boy do I hate moving my ticker to the left!!! Oh, well, I enjoyed my vacation, KWIM??
Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Morning Chicks,

got up to run at 6 this morning but it was raining so I decided I would just go read my Bible. I thought maybe it was gonna rain all day from the way it looked and I could do a workout inside this afternoon but now the sun is coming out. I probably should stay in today I've got poison ivy from clearing out all the brush down by the creek, so I might need a break from that. I probably should go run right now while its still cool and not raining at the moment.

I'm having people over for the 4th, so I have a lot to get done, although I don't know why I bother trying to get things cleaned cause nobody really cares and the house always winds up in a shambles anyway. I do have plenty of kids around here though if they all take a section we can knock it out quickly.

Well, I'm gonna change my food up for a couple of weeks and do routine meals for breakfast and lunch and see if I can get the scale to move. Somethings obviously got to change.

Pam, glad the vacation went well.
Karen, good to hear the little miss is getting around.
GG, sleep is important to weight loss, look at it that way.

Have a good one, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning,

I am really dragging today. We had a good weekened. We went for breakfast on Saturday and then to the MIL's for the day. Yesterday was unproductive. It has rained everyday for the past week. So it makes it hard to get outside to do anything.

Trish thanks for the support on the dd stuff. She called me the next day and her Nana took her on a shopping spree. So let's buy her things to make her feel better. But the thing about my daughter is that they can try to by her forgiveness but once her mind is made up it is made up. So needless to say she is still coming home. That is what is frustrating. You can't buy peoples affection and love. And you sure can't buy peoples forgiveness. I have taught my children better than that. I am just very disappointed at the whole situation.

GG- I just wanted to know about your schooling on being a vet. My daughter wants to be a large animal vet. She is thinking of going to A&M. So how long will it be for her to achieve this?

Hope everyone else is well and had a good weekend. Welcome to the new girls.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Alicia, When I called around to get quotes on spay/neuter, before I even got Eli, they said anywhere from 250-600, depending on size, sex and age! He'll be in and out in one day, since he's a boy. Drop off at 7:30, pick up at 6.

I think I really hurt my pointer finger this AM. I went to DD to get my coffee and this guy and his daughter were going in too, but Peter squirmed in front of them, so the guy waved my in. I went in the door, but got my finger stuck on the outside handle. OUCH! It's a little swollen now and I can't bend it all the way. I guess I should ice it, huh?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #8  

good morning...happy monday (im trying to convince myself)...i would rather be sleeping!

just a quick fly by..hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...and have a great monday!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters!

Kerry ~ enjoy your day traveling around the countryside. Are your sister and you close? I have 5 sisters and wish that I could see them more often.

GG ~ one whole week of staying OP is EXCELLENT! You should feel very proud of yourself. Best of luck for week #2 as well. BTW, can't beat fresh bluberries.

Pam-a-rama! Good to have you back with us. Gaining 2 lbs. isn't bad. I'm guessing that there were no limits set on food and alcohol? It could be a whole lot worse! Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation. What did the kids name the hermit crab?

Trish ~ howdy Chickie. Sounds like you've had a relaxing morning. I love how quiet the house is in the morning... because it sure doesn't stay that way for long! Are you having some fun this summer with the kiddies? Do you still have your little one home one more year? She just turned 5, right?

fergi ~ how's it going with the no smoking? I hope that you're doing ok. The stress of this last week can't be easy. My DD wants to be a large animal vet also.

Lauren ~ Yes, you should ice it, you silly girl. If this were one of your boys you'd have already done that! I'm so quick to put neosporin, bandages, etc., etc... on my kids owies but seem to forget about it when it concerns me.... Good luck with the neurologist. I assumed that Peter already had the ADD diagnosis. We took Liam off of his ADHD (Adderol XR) meds a week and a half ago. I was curious to see how he'd act w/o them in his system. It's been really interesting and the most shocking part is that we can't tell a huge difference (!). I was hesitant to do this as I was expecting the worst. Now I'm convinced that the medicine was just barely taking the edge off. The only thing that is noticeable to me is that he is more impulsive this past week than he's been in years. We see his psychiatrist Wednesday afternoon and will discuss switching to another medicine (again...). I have such a love/hate relationship with medicine.

Alicia ~ sounds like the job is going a little better for you? I hope so. Are you still looking for another one?

KarenK ~ so sorry to hear about the little one. I would be worried sick too. Keep up posted.

Lisa ~ I want to see that movie too! My sisters, sisters-in-laws and grown nieces are all getting together in July to see Mama Mia. Can't wait.

Welcome to all NEWBIES!!! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Where's Hanna? We miss you and hope that Sean is doing ok.

Hi Erin!

I've been biking and walking daily and loving it! Exercise has finally become a habit. Last night I got a babysitter so that DH and I could go out to dinner. Went to eat Mexican and then went to an ice cream parlor on the way home. Could we have eaten anything more fattening? Both of us came home and played Badminton for over an hour though. We are having more fun with Liam's birthday present. Happy Monday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #10  

Hey all...

Joan, so nice to be missed!!! The kids named the crab Eugene...after Eugene Krabs, you know, Mr. Krabs on Spongebob?? He's actually a pretty cool little pet, very easy to take care of. How's the summer with the kiddos going?? Mexican sounds great, havne't had it in awhile. Oh,a nd yes I actually did limit my eating & drinking, believe it or not. I probably would have gained 5-6 lbs had I not!!

Trish, still doing the running, huh? I was loving it, but not seeing results and my knees were getting agravated...hope you were able to get a workout in!

Fergi, I guess I better go back and read more...what's going on with your DD?? Hope it's nothing too serious!!

Lauren, 200-600??? HOly crap, that's alot of dough!!! Good thing I have a small dog!!

Hi Christina!!! How was your party at work (it might have been last weekend, sorry!!! I'm a little off with my days...)

Hanna, Lisa, Toni, and everyone else, HEY!!!

Off to have some lunch. I'm the only person I know that can eat soup on a 90 degree day...I love soup. hehe
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Pam, Love the crab's name!

Joan, Peter is diagnosed...it's ME looking to get diagnosed! Gosh, if you knew me in person, you'd wonder why I wasn't already diagnosed!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #12  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone, I just finished a full week of exercise everyday. I am so proud of myself, unfortunately I haven't been eating well, so no loss. I have decided that I will do 2 stickers on my calendar, one for exercising and one for eating well, if I stay on plan throughout the day I will earn my second sticker. it worked so well for exercise, I am hoping it works well for food too, that's where I tend to have more trouble.

Pam, congrats on only gaining 2 pounds, I'm sure you'll be moving your ticker the right in no time! Sound's like you had a great vacation, enjoy being back at home again.

Lauren, my dad was diagnosed with ADD as an adult (he was about 45 or so), and OMG it explained a lot growing up! I think it's kind of interesting, he is a psychologist and never takes meds when he is seeing clients. He feels that he connects better and is a better therapist without them. I am curious to see what you think, have you tried meds before?

Joan, sounds like you had a nice dinner with DH, it is nice to treat yourself every once in a while, and the badmitton (sp?) sounds fun.

fergi, sorry to hear about your DD's experience. how old is she again?

Trish, poison ivy sounds nasty, do you have a very bad case? I can't believe it is almost the 4th already! Hope your BBQ plans go well, I can't wait until by kids get old enough to help clean instead of just making messes!

Everyone else, hope you have a great monday.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon everyone! We had a busy morning and now everyone is down for nap time. Ahhhhh, I love this time of day!!

Lauren: I've never noticed you being ADD. Guess I'm unobservant!! Get some ice on that finger and elevate as much as you can. I know that will be difficult at work.

Kerry: Cool beans on the workout. I hope your day goes as planned! That's an awful lot of driving.

Pam: 2 pounds isn't bad! You will get rid of that in no time.

Trish: Ewwweee, I hate poison ivy! I hate it once and the itch nearly drove me insane! I do everything I can to avoid it now.

OK, there's the pitter/limp/patter of little feet so I guess I need to go now. She has to sit on my lap when she first gets up!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #14  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi Guys,

thanks for the welcomes. I had a super busy weekend hosting a baby shower. So yes there was cake in my weekend.

I am not making any progress with my days plans of laundry and tidying my very messy kitchen. I want to go to a spin class at the gym this evening at 5:45. I am thinking that I will try making a yummy chicken salad for dinner, so we can eat shortly after we get home.

Must find motivation!

I have been reading back through your posts trying to work out who is who... hopefully I will get to know you.
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,
Have a good rest of your day! I've been gone for awhile, but still been losing!!!(slowly) I figured I should get back on and read some inspiration since my workout partner has left me indefinitely! I took my 15yr old son to the gym with me this morning, but he drove me CRAZY!!!!! Wish me luck!
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote