Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Default MRC - Take 22

Per Melanie's request, I'm attempting to start a new thread. (Great pic, by the way, Melanie!)
Old 06-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #2  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Shineon: Thanks for the response. It's kinda confusing because I know there isn't 4 oz of meat and 4oz of veggies in the 4oz serving that I scooped out. Maybe it's not supposed to be. I know I was very very hungry when I got through. It was like 2 spoonfuls....LOL.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #3  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

This was my original question if anyone else cares to chime in.

I have a quick question. I hope someone can tell me. I made the chicken okra gumbo (pg 45 recipe book, and it was really good by the way). The serving says replaces 4 oz protein 4 oz veggies. Does this mean that I need to measure the meat out of the gumbo and then measure the veggies. I just measured the whole dish together and I know it's not 4oz of meat or veggies, and it was a very small serving.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #4  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Shineon: Thanks for the response. It's kinda confusing because I know there isn't 4 oz of meat and 4oz of veggies in the 4oz serving that I scooped out. Maybe it's not supposed to be. I know I was very very hungry when I got through. It was like 2 spoonfuls....LOL.

Okay, so your serving shouldn't have been 4 oz, it should have been 8 oz or something. I looked up the recipe, and it takes 12 oz of chicken, and 12 oz (by volume) of veggies to make 3 servings. So, what ever was in your pan, you should have eaten 1/3 of it.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting from the Beginning

I'm going in tomorrow to tell them I don't want to weigh, I want to start over. I've been binging again for a few days and am sure I've gained a few pounds back.

I want to either go back to the white (I think it was white) menu, or do the MetaQuick for 4 days. I HAVE to do something. My fridge is stocked up with salad fixings and some good fruit and I have the good diet soda I like and lots of new drinks and meal bars to choose from.

Oh, I got my shipment from Bariatricchoice.com yesterday and everything looks good so far. I got 3 boxes of concentrates, 2 boxes of fiber fill, 4 or 5 boxes of powder drinks, 2 boxes of shakes, 2 boxes of meal replacements bars and a few boxes of pudding mixes. The concentrates are a bit different than MRC, but the other stuff is identical. The concentrates aren't far off and I think they have more protein, so that is good, plus they have a tropical fruit flavor which I think I'll really enjoy b/c I love the fiberfill that way and the berry powder drinks as well. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. The boxes were $9.99 with free shipping and the meal bars were the same prices instead of being more and the shakes were $14.99 instead of closer to $20 at MRC. I don't think I saved a TON of money, but I got a large variety which is nice.

So what do you think about starting over? I have about 20 left to lose (after changing my goal to 120 and figuring I've gained a couple of pounds, so I'm probably at 140 instead of 138). I think it's the only way to get myself back on track. Dh is on board with me, so that will be helpful as well. The 4th is gonna be hard, but hopefully I'll be doing well by then so I won't cave again.

Sorry for being such a bad MRC'er! I'm really gonna try to stick to it better this time. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #6  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Ok - Strawberry, I too made the spaghetti squash tonight for supper for the first time. I know what you mean by it tasting "crunchy" - it was soft and stuff, but had a slight crunch when I ate it - not like a bad thing, or it's not done thing - just "crunchy". Oh - did you also know if you try to microwave the squash whole it will explode and maybe even blow your microwave door open? - I found that out this evening too - my 5yr old son was super impressed with that. I walked out of the kitchen and heard a noise, and I then hear my son yelling "MOM - YOU GOTTA COME SEE THIS!!" I swear I followed the directions of the little sticker that was stuck on the outside of the thing. But seeing how the thing blew up I was pretty sure it was done. Terrible to be nearly 40 and know nothing about vegtables!!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #7  

I am not speaking from experience, as my spaghetti squash is still sitting on my kitchen cabinet taunting me. However, when I looked this veggie up on Fabulousfoods.com, it gave several different cooking methods:

BAKE - pierce shell several times and cook 1 hour in an oven preheated to 375

BOIL - use a pot big enough to hold the entire squash, drop squash into boiling water and boil 20 to 30 minutes or until tender with a fork

MICROWAVE - cut squash in half lengthwise, place cut sides up in microwavable dish in 1/4 cup of water, cover with plastic wrap, cook on high 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, let stand covered for five minutes before scraping with fork

SLOW COOKER - Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker, pierce shell several times, cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours

Maybe I'll get around to trying one of these methods soon, and I'll let you know if I have crunchy squash-LOL! Other than the explosion and the crunch, did you like it?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the good advice on the fiber drink. You weren't kidding, ShineOn. It is sweet! I think my blood sugar skyrocketed and tanked just from the flavor alone. I'll water it down a little next time. It does seem to be helping with my munchies today.

Rocki - Hang in there! You've come a long way, and I know you'll be able to get back on track.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #9  
Becky

Yes - other than the explosion and minor crunch - it was really good! Since it exploded, I didn't have to "shred it" with a fork even, it was already done for me. I just scooped it out - sprayed a little IBCINB and added a little salt & pepper. I did nuke it again for about a minute just for good measure once it was in the bowl. The crunch was more like a texture thing not like a not done thing. I'll make it again - and I'll be more careful how I cook it next time.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #10  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Rocki, I think that any plan you are comfortable with is the way to go!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #11  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Ok - Strawberry, I too made the spaghetti squash tonight for supper for the first time. I know what you mean by it tasting "crunchy" - it was soft and stuff, but had a slight crunch when I ate it - not like a bad thing, or it's not done thing - just "crunchy". Oh - did you also know if you try to microwave the squash whole it will explode and maybe even blow your microwave door open? - I found that out this evening too - my 5yr old son was super impressed with that. I walked out of the kitchen and heard a noise, and I then hear my son yelling "MOM - YOU GOTTA COME SEE THIS!!" I swear I followed the directions of the little sticker that was stuck on the outside of the thing. But seeing how the thing blew up I was pretty sure it was done. Terrible to be nearly 40 and know nothing about vegtables!!
HAHA that's too funny!! I can see how your son had fun with that. Well what I did was I took a knife and piered it all over and then cooked it, whole, in the microwave for ... ah shucks I can't remember now, but I think it was around 5 minutes or maybe 8 minutes. Did you pierce it before you put it in the microwave? I think the thing I did wrong is that after only being in the microwave a few minutes I thought it was done. It was soft enough to scoop out the middle part and to scoop out the 'noodles' part to eat, but I think it needed to be cooked more.

I just got through catching up on all the threads - I love all the new pics, I love being able to put a face to whoever is talking. Losingforhealth - WOW 70 lbs, that's awesome! Namaste, I love the little blurb you posted about emotional eating, I'll have to check out that book for sure. Sharon you look great! Hey I have adobe photoshop if you want to send me both of your pics I can see what I can do for you - that offer extends to anyone - I'm taking classes for Dreamweaver and Fireworks this quarter, but I like playing around in photoshop too. Send them to [email protected].

Well I'm a little upset with my center right now I'm on day 22 (or 23?) and haven't been measured yet (except for the first day). I also hit the 10 lb. mark but no one mentioned the board to me. I'm going to call them in the morning.

I'm not sure if all that even matters though because I can tell it's working. I've not been perfectly on plan (I have 2 creamies most days) but my clothes are fitting better (less tight yippeee!) and my husband says he can tell a difference in how my body looks woo hoo!

Dinner tonight was awesome, it was so good that I wonder why I didn't do this sooner - I made pizza! I used a La Tortilla Factory tortilla, sprayed with olive oil pam, baked for just a few minutes, then I topped with 1 tablespoon of spaghetti sauce (this was the only off-plan thing I used), 3 oz. of chicken breast, some fresh basil and then 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese (for my veggies I just had 4 ounces of steamed broccoli on the side). YUM! It was so good that hubby wanted me to make him one too lol. Anyway, I'm off to bed now, long day tomorrow, g'night!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #12  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
So what do you think about starting over? I have about 20 left to lose (after changing my goal to 120 and figuring I've gained a couple of pounds, so I'm probably at 140 instead of 138). I think it's the only way to get myself back on track. Dh is on board with me, so that will be helpful as well. The 4th is gonna be hard, but hopefully I'll be doing well by then so I won't cave again.

Sorry for being such a bad MRC'er! I'm really gonna try to stick to it better this time. Thanks for listening.
Hey stop apologizing, you are not a bad MRC'er! Look at how far you have come already, that to me says you are an awesome MRC'er!!!!

This is what I would do, if I were in your shoes. I would take one day off - just one. Maybe you can make this day the 4th since you say this day is going to be hard for you. Eat whatever you are in the mood for, get any cravings you are having out of the way, and at the same time relax and try to put all thoughts of MRC out of your mind. Then in the morning, start over like you said, on the white (or beige?) menu. Make a fresh start of it.

Even if you don't choose to do it that way, I know you will make the right decision for YOU, and you will be successful!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:38 AM   #13  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
HAHA that's too funny!! I can see how your son had fun with that. Well what I did was I took a knife and piered it all over and then cooked it, whole, in the microwave for ... ah shucks I can't remember now, but I think it was around 5 minutes or maybe 8 minutes. Did you pierce it before you put it in the microwave? I think the thing I did wrong is that after only being in the microwave a few minutes I thought it was done. It was soft enough to scoop out the middle part and to scoop out the 'noodles' part to eat, but I think it needed to be cooked more.

I just got through catching up on all the threads - I love all the new pics, I love being able to put a face to whoever is talking. Losingforhealth - WOW 70 lbs, that's awesome! Namaste, I love the little blurb you posted about emotional eating, I'll have to check out that book for sure. Sharon you look great! Hey I have adobe photoshop if you want to send me both of your pics I can see what I can do for you - that offer extends to anyone - I'm taking classes for Dreamweaver and Fireworks this quarter, but I like playing around in photoshop too. Send them to [email protected].

Well I'm a little upset with my center right now I'm on day 22 (or 23?) and haven't been measured yet (except for the first day). I also hit the 10 lb. mark but no one mentioned the board to me. I'm going to call them in the morning.

I'm not sure if all that even matters though because I can tell it's working. I've not been perfectly on plan (I have 2 creamies most days) but my clothes are fitting better (less tight yippeee!) and my husband says he can tell a difference in how my body looks woo hoo!

Dinner tonight was awesome, it was so good that I wonder why I didn't do this sooner - I made pizza! I used a La Tortilla Factory tortilla, sprayed with olive oil pam, baked for just a few minutes, then I topped with 1 tablespoon of spaghetti sauce (this was the only off-plan thing I used), 3 oz. of chicken breast, some fresh basil and then 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese (for my veggies I just had 4 ounces of steamed broccoli on the side). YUM! It was so good that hubby wanted me to make him one too lol. Anyway, I'm off to bed now, long day tomorrow, g'night!

I did not pierce my squash first - I don't think the little sticker instructions told me to do that! Live and learn I guess....

Your pizza sounds really good - I may have to give it a try myself! I've been really missing my buttery, garlic potatoes, but I think I've found a decent substitute. I've been slicing up zuccheni (can't spell it) and fresh mushrooms and then I crush a clove of garlic and fry them in a tbs of olive oil - I then add a little bit of ICNINB spray and some Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning - yummy!! I just love this - it's not my beloved potatoes, but it's working for me!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #14  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

If you want to make an on plan version of the pizza, you can, just eliminate the pizza sauce, and cook the tortilla and any toppings you want..then as soon as you pull the "pizza" out of the oven put a handful of tiny diced fresh tomatoes on the top, you could even purree a 1/2 of a fresh tomato, and put on top right from the oven.
I have made this dozens of times since being on program, it is wonderful!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #15  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

straberry...my center measures every 30 days...except right in the beginning...They measured me before pre conditioning, then 15 days after, then the start you on the every 30 days scedule. You might just want to ask your counselor next time you are in. Sometimes my center forgot, and I would say hey, when is my next measuring date, and they would say, ohh you have to be measure now. I am sure they are not doing it on purpose.
Closed Thread