Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #1  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Cool maintenance time for me, yay!

hi i'm candice, and although i am still aiming to lose a few more pounds, i am thinking about easing into maintence mode at this point (seems like many of y'all continue to lose after getting to goal, so i want to plan ahead and not get stick-like ).
a little about me.. i started out dieting at 238 pounds in july 2001. i had always been fat, even as a kid, and i thought i always would be. i didn't think i ate too much (i did, though!), and i thought i was just "genetically predisposed" to be fat. i was 180 in high school, and then i gained the freshman 50. i didn't like being fat, but it didn't bother me much because i had been that way a long time. my mom bought me a gym membership and training sessions in july 2001, and i just said what the heck. i'll give it a try since she plunked down so much cash for it.
my trainer really opened my eyes! i had never thought about counting calories before. i had never even considered it. i had occasionally tried "low-fat" diets, but hey now, gummy bears and coke are fat-free! bring it! when i immediately started losing weight and inches, i was hooked.
once i stopped journaling, i gained a lot of weight back though. when i hit 198 in may last year though, i freaked. i had to start counting and journaling again, or i was going to be fat again!
so i started counting and journaling, and of course it worked, so now i am 10 pounds away from the high end of my goal range (and i think i will be most comfortable at the top of it anyway), and i am ready to maintain these habits for life. in ten years, i will be able to able to tell you what i ate for lunch today, because i am saving all my journals. they are a symbol of my accomplishment to me.
well that's it i guess. i love this forum, it is very informative and supportive, and i look forward to getting to know you all.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hullo, Candice! And congratulations!

l'm not a maintainer yet but I lurk here to learn some of the tricks of the trade. Hope to see you around a bit more.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #3  
Cindy

Hello and welcome and you are definitely in the right place. I totally agree that you need to just get in the groove of a lifestyle you can live with happily for always and let your weight settle in where it lands. It is indeed the only sustainable, maintainable way to go.

Major congratulations on the road you've traveled and welcome!
CindyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #4  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Candice ~ CONGRATULATIONS, you have really come a long ways! You have made a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Candace. I am 8 lbs. from my goal weight and have started to check things out in the maintainers forum too. I think that I will be there soon enough and want to learn how to maintain my weight as best as I possibly can. Good luck to you and you have done a great job .
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #6  

Arrow info

excellent thread!!!
yesrightconnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome you have done great ! Congratulations!

Last edited by bargoo; 06-30-2008 at 09:59 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote