Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking Started Day One Today!

Hi Everyone,

Today was my first day on Atkins and I am so happy to have found this group! I am always on the forum lurking around, but have just recently found the Atkins section and I'm hoping to become a part of it if you will have me!

I am hoping to finally get rid of this weight once and for all and I really believe that Atkins can help me do that if I only just stay with it. I lost part of the weight once before (60 pounds) and kept it off for about three years, then got sick and gained it back, plus 20 more pounds. Then a few years ago I lost about 30 pounds and have been sort of stuck within a 20 pound range ever since.

I have found that the best success I have had is with a lower carb, higher protein diet. Meat is not my favorite thing, so that's an obstacle, but I think I'll be fine with lots of chicken and turkey and lean beef. And today was day one and it went great. I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms so far. I know it won't always feel this good, but I am just glad I got through day 1 without a big struggle.

Just a little bit about myself - I am a high school teacher and so is my husband. We are on summer vacation right now, so this is the perfect time to start Atkins! I am 33 and live with my hubby, my sister, and my cats. My hubby is starting Atkins with me and is always supportive! He doesn't have as much weight to lose as I do, but maybe a good 40 pounds or so.

I hope to get to know all of you better soon! Thanks for being here!

Last edited by Sunrose; 06-30-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Sunrose and I wish you the best in changing to a low carb WoE!

Just remember to drink lots of water, eat those leafy greens, and move more. It feels good!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  

I so agree with Snapless.....welcome (I'm new here too) to the board and I hope you'll enjoy every success. In 3 days you'll probably have a switch over that will cause you to feel a little off but by the end of the week most are rebalanced and burning fats for energy rather than carbs.

I hope you have the book and that you've printed out the acceptable foods list for induction. The big rule seems to be "just dont eat anything that's not on the list"......it's not so bad. There are so many recipes for induction I found it very easy.

You're like I am.....my DH has joined me too and it makes it so much easier when I know I'm cooking for keeping both of us on the straight and narrow.

If we can help please call out.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile Thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Snap - I have been exercising fairly regularly for the past month already, so I'm already on the right track there! And I love leafy greens, so it's all good!

Timlin - I have the book and have been obsessed with learning the list of foods. It's not that bad, and I notice that there really are a lot of misconceptions out there about Atkins - like all you eat is bacon! I eat more veggies on Atkins than in my regular "non-dieting" life, that's for sure!

Day one was great, but I do feel a little bit "off" today I must say. I woke up a little grouchy, and feel sort of like my head is in a fog...is that one of the symptoms?

Thanks again for welcoming me to the group! Hope you are all having a great day!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote