Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Exciting scary weekend ahead

Last spring we attended a charity auction and bought a weekend downtown which includes a three course wine dinner at a french restaurant, theater tickets, overnight hotel, and a limo to drive us both ways. We added a Sunday brunch.

I think it will be great, but I'm also scared, this feels like a heavy eating weekend...and I don't want to go backwards. Last night we also went out to dinner, I passed on dessert, only ate a couple of fries, and one piece of bread...but I'm up this morning from Friday.

I'm planning that we will also do a lot of walking. I want to enjoy the food (these are really good restaurants, both three star) but not to undo my progress. I'll be satisfied if the scale is the same on Monday as last week. (I'm a once a week weigher for "accounting" purposes.

My plan...light breakfast and lunch before we go. Limiting the bread (which is delicious but not necessary), eating half my dessert, and limiting myself to one buffet table trip at brunch.

Wish me discipline. (In this case I'll have to make my own luck.)
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5'5"

I do indeed send you discipline! You've got your head in the right place and I think you'll do just fine. Don't forget to enjoy your weekend!
Sinister Spackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

You have a good plan...I think that's important. Try to eat very slowly and savor each bite. Have a GREAT time.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  
No description available.

If the scale bops up after a weekend of eating out, it is probably retained water. It takes 3500 excess calories to crank out a pound of fat.

I think you have a good plan, but don't be surprised or disappointed if you see a temporary spike on the scale. It is unlikely to be fat. Get back to your plan and drink plenty. The spike will go away.

And have a great time!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Quote:
I passed on dessert, only ate a couple of fries, and one piece of bread...but I'm up this morning from Friday.
Just remember that it's 3500 cals to a pound of fat. If your couple of fries and one piece of bread contained 3500 cals, I'd be very surprised!

More likely it's the salt in the bread and on the fries that's causing you to retain water.

Don't *not* enjoy this opportunity because you're stressed about gaining. Go and have fun and taste everything once and just enjoy it. Think moderation, not deprivation.

This is what real life is - sometimes you "splurge" a little and - like you said - keep the mindset that you just don't want to gain.

You'll have a great time and do fine, I'm sure!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

I'm back, had a great time, and felt wonderful about my eating. Saturday night for our fancy French dinner I had a half glass of wine, and otherwise stuck to my plan (although I admit it, I finished more than half of the fabulous dessert.)

Sunday morning I had a lovely buffet breakfast, went to the table only once, and limited my real indulgence to smoked salmon. My plate was not overflowing!

We walked everywhere. My hands are swollen (I can tell from my rings) but I think that is from humidity and probably more salt than I am used to.

It was a great time...and made me feel much more confident about my ability to continue to manage the occasional indulgence.

Thanks for the support...the willpower dust was particularly useful!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Great job!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote