Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default 3 days off plan - Please read =)

I took a spur of the moment beach trip on Wednesday and came back today. I purposely ate things I shouldn't because I got in a place where my scale was sticking and decided to shake things up a bit! *lol* I didn't go crazy off plan but I was bad. Guess what? It's just not worth it and I don't ever want to be as wreckless as I was before starting on this journey back in March. I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow. For one thing, I got heartburn which I have not had in 4 months....I got sickening full which has not happened in a long time! I drank one soda that was not diet and all the sugar in it made me feel crappy! I also found myself craving something to drink, that only water could quench!! My stomach has bothered me all day because of all the fast food that I ate. It honestly amazes me that we can reverse the way our body acts in such a short time! I don't regret doing what I did and I will see in a day or two what poundage damage I have done but I am thankful that I found out I'm not missing out on anything by eating healthy and doing things right!! I just wanted to share with you my thoughts on how the grass is not greener on the other side!! Has anyone else had such an eye opener like this??
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Oh yes, when I eat more than my share of 'before' foods - I feel totally crappy for a day or so. It's so not worth it.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #3  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Not yet...but I hope I will start thinking that way. Great post!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/206/150

Height: 5'6

I did the same thing. Talk about feeling gross. And the sad thing is, I didn't enjoy the "splurge" that much. Back at the gym this week all I could think was that eating junk was so not not worth it.
danemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:28 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You're attitude on getting back to track is really good! Go you. And I hear ya about how crappy bad food makes you feel, I get awful heart burn and serious head aches when I let myself eat awful foods too.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's so true...sometimes, the overeating and unhealthy foods make me feel so crappy - both, physically and mentally. Glad you are going to hop back on!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You know Wendy, I was thinking about what you wrote, and maybe you want to think differently about it. In some ways a magical thing has happened for you. You indulged for three days (as normal i.e. thin) people do on vacation. What you discovered is that those foods are no longer treats, instead they are downers.

From now on you have the pleasure of eating healthy not because you want to lose weight, but because it is a more enjoyable way to eat! Isn't that what we all want to feel....instead of being deprived for being on plan, you get to feel indulged by eating things that make you happy.

Congratulations! That is truly a NSV worth celebrating!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:08 AM   #8  
Silver Surfer

Hi! I have to agree. Slipping makes me feel so guilty at times, it's just not worth it.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendymeows View Post
I took a spur of the moment beach trip on Wednesday and came back today. I purposely ate things I shouldn't because I got in a place where my scale was sticking and decided to shake things up a bit! *lol* I didn't go crazy off plan but I was bad. Guess what? It's just not worth it and I don't ever want to be as wreckless as I was before starting on this journey back in March. I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow. For one thing, I got heartburn which I have not had in 4 months....I got sickening full which has not happened in a long time! I drank one soda that was not diet and all the sugar in it made me feel crappy! I also found myself craving something to drink, that only water could quench!! My stomach has bothered me all day because of all the fast food that I ate. It honestly amazes me that we can reverse the way our body acts in such a short time! I don't regret doing what I did and I will see in a day or two what poundage damage I have done but I am thankful that I found out I'm not missing out on anything by eating healthy and doing things right!! I just wanted to share with you my thoughts on how the grass is not greener on the other side!! Has anyone else had such an eye opener like this??

Yup, When I went on vacation, I was off plan a little, not a lot, but had some greasy foods, I woke up with really bad acid reflex one night. I hadn't had it in prob 7 or 8 months prior.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Your tastes do change when you start eating healthy. I truly don't crave McDonalds any more, or really sweet things, or any of that. That's not to say that I don't want a treat now and then and every once in a while I drive past McDs and think "mmmmm.... Fries!!!"

But in general - I can't even finish a whole McDs cheeseburger (not a QP, just the regular small cheeseburger w/ pickles). The last time I had one was 7ish months ago and I ate half of it and it just wasn't good. I wound up throwing it away and stopping at the grocery store to get an apple and cheese.

It's a wonderful thing, isn't it??

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I've had an eye opener like that, that ended a successful loosing spree. Yes, it made me feel all bloated, and crappy, and the worse i felt, the more I ate. You're lucky to quickly see the error of your ways before it's too late.

I have devised a little emergency plan for situations like this. I do know that I don't want to go backwards, and I want to get this poundage OFF now, so motivation alone helps tremendously but my plan for emergency (or spur of the moment excursions) includes a small cooler, several ice packs, an extra bottle of low-fat salad dressing, plenty of grab and go fruit, veggies, yogurt, cans of V8 etc. oh hand... I make it a point to never run out of my basic needs. In a spur of the moment, I can throw a few days worth of food in my cooler, and still plan on a few nice meals out.

Though of course if you go into it planning on blowing it...well nothing is going to help. You either pay for it later, or give up.

Good job for getting back on the wagon. You've gone a long way and almost 1/2 way to your goal. It would be a shame to stop being healthy now.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-28-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: yikes...spelling!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Yup pretty much every time I fall off/go off plan etc I end up feeling crummy. My sleep sucks, my skin breaks out, I feel bloated and my 3pm 'slump' comes back big time! All sounds really excessive but seriiously my body seems to revolt when I try and put unhealthier stuff in it.

Feels so much nicer to eat clean, not be full to the point of 'bursting' and more alert
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wendy,

I totally get where you're coming from. Fried food, which was always a huge weakness for me, now makes me sick to my stomach. I can see that in the future, a splurge is going to be something like a desert (or even splitting a desert), not going all out for the whole meal - because I won't want to. That's a pretty cool change.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I've been on vacation, and I just want to say that there is NO reason to eat fast food and think it's a treat. I went over my calorie level, but every bit of it was high quality, well prepared food. No junk, no lousy fries, no synthetic soft serve ice cream! Junk foods are just sooo not worth the calories.

It's true that one's taste for that stuff diminishes the longer you're away from it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also think your attitude is fantastic. It's a learning experience and you've definitely learned more information about your body and what it needs. In the future, if you want to "shake things up," mabe you could do some interval training or increase weights, or even once in a while, have an extra treat, but not 3 days worth of extras....but you already know this, so I guess I'm kind of speaking to myself since I have a major problem w/ binging!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote