South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  
Miss Thickness

S/C/G: 198/189/165

Height: 5'7

Default I'm Scared out my mind phase 2

this mondayit will be two weeks and i begin with phase 2 and I'm freaking out. just thinking welcoming back the things i love wondering if I'm going to go overboard. ladies i need some encouragement.

Last edited by ciliciaclark; 06-29-2008 at 10:50 AM.
ciliciaclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I think most of us experienced that same panic. I think I only added one phase 2 item each day for about a month before I dared try 2 things. Go slowly. try one new food each week and watch for cravings. A lot of people add berries or oats first. Watch the time of day too and see how that affects you. I found I couldn't eat oatmeal early on - I had crazy cravings mid afternoon. Now I can but it took months before I tried it again It's scary but it's going to make your life so much easier with more food options and a better balance of nutrients.

You can do it!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

You'll do fine, and you have tons of support from the South Beach Diet Klan here
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I feel your pain!!!!

I start Phase II on Monday also - and have decided that I'm only going to add one thing. I think it's going to be whole wheat tortillas for the first week. If the tortillas don't work then I'll try berries.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-29-2008 at 11:34 AM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #5  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Just as Cyndi said it's best to go into phase 2 gradually. That way you can also figure out what triggers your cravings. Good luck and congrats on getting through phase 1. Keep up the great work!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i was so scared. I added one serving of fruit after dinner for the first week as my intro to phase 2... and then it wasn't so bad.. my entire day just seemed like P1.... a nice gradual intro to phase 2.

the second week i had a grain at dinner and the fruit for dessert

slowly but surely I ended up fully in phase 2 it was scary but simple.

best of luck.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

As Nessa says, you sort of glide into it, rather than leap. You'll be fine and there's no rush. This is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-29-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi Ciciliaclark, instead of panicking, you should be commending yourself for doing 2 whole weeks of that Phase 1 ****! That's an accomplishment. Plus now you can incorporate some whole grains into your diet.. . yay.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/165/140

Height: 5'4"

So, most of you seem to have added the grain and/or fruit at the end of the day. I read one post that said adding it in the morning caused cravings mid-afternoon. Was that fairly true of anyone else...did you have cravings if you added the grain early in the day?

I'm ready to eat something other than eggs in the morning. Especially when I read that you should limit to 7 eggs a week. But, I don't want to go back to the cravings.
pamperedsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm ok with a grain in the morning AS LONG AS I HAVE PROTEIN AND VEGS WITH IT. I very very often have a turkey and spinich sandwich (heavy on the spinich) on ezekial bread for breakfast and find that it really "holds" me for a long time. But I can't eat something like oatmeal in the morning or I'm starving in a short time afterwards. I have fruit for a snack later on in the day. This is just me, but I try to keep the grains to a minimum of once a day. If I have bread for breakfast, I don't have it later in the day...but that's just me. If I know I'm going to have pasta or brown rice for dinner, I'll have eggs and vegs for breakfast.

Just go slowly and see how your body reacts to food and what time of day it reacts to that food. It's all a big "experiment" and nothing to be scared of (of course I was terrified too until I figured out what "set me off" and what didn't) If something causes cravings, then try it at a different time of day and see how you react to it. Everyone is different.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I almost always have my grain in the morning, too. Mostly, I'll have oatmeal with fruit, and that will take me to lunch. If I do feel hungry in between, I'll have a snack of protein such as a deviled egg or string cheese and cherry tomatoes. Like Cat, though, I limit my grains to one serving a day most of the time. More than that, and my weight stalls. Everyone is different, though, and what works for one may not work for another, so you have to experiment to see what works best for you.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-30-2008 at 06:26 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yep, I couldn't stand anymore eggs for breakfast as well. My standard breakfast now is all bran with yogurt and fruit (which I LOVE), and I'm still losing!! I hope the non-egg breakfast works for you too!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i have grain and fruit at my am snack (my oatmeal) I still to this day eat eggs for breakfast every day. I like them.

as for cravings. oh well sometimes ya gotta Suck it up. I like the oatmeal and banana too much to skip it just because 2 hours later i'm ready to eat again...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote