Old 06-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Slim Down Sista's: Summer Fun!!

I think it's time for a new thread!! We are officially into summer, with lots of great reasons to lose weight... bathing suit season, skimpy clothes... the dream to wear a short jean skirt.. that last one could just be me.. Longer days make it easier to exercise, not to mention all the yummy fruits and veggies around! Lets make it a good one girls!! WE CAN and WILL DO THIS!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:53 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey girls.

Ugh, death seems to be following my loved ones lately. First my BFF's grandpa early this week and now my cousins' older sister (on their dad's side) was murdered. I didn't know her or their dad but my heart aches for them. R.I.P Ebony.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #3  

Shari - thats horrible, sorry to hear about that!

Well it's Monday! I am starting to dislike Monday's, getting up early sucks!! Just 7 shifts until my vacation.. heh..

-Aimee
Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Shari - that is awful, so sorry to hear

Well ladies.... new thread! yay! Anyway I dunno what to count... Friday was/is my normal weigh in day but I have been thinking of changing it to Saturday's for a while now so I can weigh a bit later in the mornings. Friday the scale was up... .8 of a pound. Saturday - later in the day - after eating breakfast, going going for an hour run and drinking a few bottles of water it was down 2 pounds. So do I count up or do or leave it? LOL

Saturday I went for a 7k walk/run/jog and Sunday I did 10k! YAY! My eating was that bad - not super good - but overall not too bad. Ate some ice cream and a few potato chips too many but I ate ALL my meals at home, and I cooked them all! I am really digging this 'eat shrink and be merry' cookbook! I made some pizza dip, burgers, hummus and lemon poppy seed loaf! mmmm everything was sooo good! There is a beef soup I am probably going to try one night this week.. well I better because I bought everything for it! haha I am actually... *gasp* starting to like cooking!

Today I am leaving work early and going to a BBQ/Concert in Victoria for my boyfriend's work... we get 3 free drinks... I hope I can stick to rum and diet coke or something, LOL. Oh, last night... I drank a slur-pee with vodka and two dry ciders... maybe my weekend wasnt that great, LOL - the scale did say 181 something this morning! LOL - but I figure thats normal after all the drinks I had last night and garlic bread, haha. Oh and TOM and all the jogging I did....

Last edited by sotypical; 06-23-2008 at 11:28 AM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - I'm not so much jealous of ex-gf's (except for one cause that girl was crazy), more like jealous of girls he talks to and texts 24/7. He claims it's all innocent, but its hard to believe with his track record. So it's not like I can just be ok with it. And he never understood where I was coming from. But I don't know...we'll see what happens with that. MMM.. sushi sounds so good right now. I can go for the fake stuff (california rolls....mm!!!) I was home this weekend too. I've been dvr'ing sex and the city and friends, so that's what I do when the bf goes out. It may sound boring, but I love it!!

shari - wow, i am so sorry to hear about ur loved ones' losses. It is rough. Especially when someone is taken at the hands of someone else. Hopefully, your friend and your cousin can stay strong through this ordeal.

courtnie - hmmm...that's a toughie. I'd really count my Weigh-in first thing in the a.m after i used the bathroom, naked, of course. I always seem to get the most accurate reading at that time of day. but use whatever works for u, just be consistent with the dates and times.

i just got a mini break from work. im swamped. well, not really. just busier than usual. Haven't eaten really well today. Im hoping to go for a walk after work. Just to clear my head. I don't want to think too much cause then I start thinking about my dad and I just break down. And I have to stop crying for him so that he can rest. It's soooo hard though. Ay yi yi...what I'd give to have him back.

I'm down 0.8 for the week. No surprise. Haven't really been trying. But I'm hoping to get back on it. Just gotta build up my motivation again.

Question - I just wanted to ask (you guys don't have to answer), what you're religious beliefs are? I don't want to start a discussion or anything, I'm just curious to know. So feel free to answer!!

Last edited by Rosario; 06-23-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #6  

Morning ladies! I've been busy over here dieting and exercising, not seeing much for results on the scale, but I plan to take measurements this Friday to see if there is any change! I sure hope so! Otherwise I'll be maaaaad!!

Rosario - I'm not cool with Josh talking to girls regularly, unless they talk to ME more regularly! So I definitely hear where you are coming from.. for me that would be a deal breaker, you are much stronger than I am! I'd be curious to see how your bf would feel about you talking to guys regularly. As for religious views, I wasn't raised in a religious way, I was taught to be kind to everyone, and that there is a higher power. For a while there I went to a couple different churches to see what each religion was like, that was pretty interesting!

Well, with that I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - ha!! that's what I always tell him. "You wouldn't like me doing that, would you?" But we'll never know cause I'm just not the type of person to do something like that. I'm excited for you to take your measurements!! lol I can't wait to see how much you've lost.

I meant to start working out yesterday but I got really lazy. But I am def starting my SI6 workout today. I know this may sound cheesy, but I'm going to lose this weight for my dad. He'd hate to see how unhappy I am with myself and my weight. So I want to show him what I'm made of.

Food has been ok today. Ate some cookies that I shouldn't have but they're gone now and I'm moving on. I should be good for the rest of the day. Esp. if I get my workout in and I'm shooting for a walk at the park near my house.

Hope everyone else is ok. Come post to let us know how you're doing!!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Officially started work at the second job this week, today was my first 'full' day. Definitely need to get some new shoes, more support. I'm on my feet all the time at the VA but I'm moving around 98% of the time. At Valero, I'm behind the cash register, usually standing in one place for long periods of time. So my feet are hurrrrttting!

I let TOM weigh this time. Basically gained back almost all the weight I lost this month. Never again! Stupid TOM.

I'm working on a plan to get back in the saddle. Looking through my 'weightloss' box...place where I keep everything weight loss related.

I CAN DO THIS!

Oh and Ro, I'm a Christian but I guess kinda modified? At least, that's what other Christians think. I'm very into 'to each his own', letting people make their own decisions about their lives, it's between them and God, stuff like that. Ex. I support gay rights and love. I don't go to church, hated it since I was a kid. Hypocrites and all. I told my mama that if I ever get really religious, I'm going to convert and become Catholic simply because Mass is only 1 hour!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 AM   #9  

Rosario - when I first met a Josh I was pretty much... into dating.. I was dating in the bulk, he didn't like that. So we've got that as our start of the relationship. Josh is also abnormally considerate when it comes to most things, i feel beyond lucky! I sure hope that your bf gets his crap together soon, also, I want to be invited to your wedding Sounds like you have some great motivation for losing weight, keep that momentum up, you can do it!

Shari - It's very painful to stand in one spot! Get some good insoles, they'll be your best friend. The scale is NOT your friend near TOM, sorry you had to go thru that... but have faith that it'll be all gone when TOM is over!

Well, I can't believe it.. but my brother is quitting his job. Who quits Google? Seriously! I am actually quite un-impressed with him right now. He hasn't thought this out at all. His gf is going with him, and we all know how I feel about her. She's really just not the one for him... definitely not. Plus like, people work their ENTIRE lives to get where he is.. and he's throwing it away on a start up company. Who the heck DOES that. Alright, end of my rant.. not really.. but it's too frustrating for me to talk about. Also, no more New York. I am sad about that too, it was pretty much a once in a life time trip.

-Aimee
Old 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Aimee smack your brother for me

I have been so tired these past few days but I have been doing 5km everyday of walking/jogging... Sunday I even did 10k! phew

Eating is good.... no weight loss though. I never counted last week I am going to change my weigh in to saturday though. Some girls at work and I are working together so that is nice.

Anyway talk to you all later... trying to buy plane tickets!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #11  
Fat-be-gone

courtnie - that's good that you got some people at work doing this with you. Extra support is always nice. way to go on all the exercise. thats awesome!1 keep it up

aimee - what do you mean you dated in "bulk"? Multiple guys at once? My bf is my first bf ever. He was my first....pretty much everything. That's why I hope he does get his stuff together...but even then I'm not sure if we can be saved. That's weird about your brother. I was once read somewhere that Google was voted one of the best places to work in the USA because of all their employee incentives. That's a big decision. Hopefully he made it for himself, by himself. Life is funny like that. We learn our lessons when it's already too late

shari - I haven't had a job where i have to stand up all day in years. I think that's why I am where I am. Maybe you can do some lunges or squats or something when no one is looking. And yes, YOU can do this!!

My eating has been horrible. But I did finish day 2 of working out. So YEAH! me. I guess I can get back on track with eating when I get to the grocery store and shop properly. I hhaven't had much money since I got back from LA so I'm playing catch up with the bills. I hate having to worry about money on top of everything else. But I shouldn't spend too much time on it cause after all, it is just money.

now Im just here at home waiting for my bf to come home with the food his mom sent me...I love home cooked meals!!

have a good night

Old 06-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Ro - that is a hard one. My first boyfriend was my first everything and I stayed with him a long time because of that - finally I decided I needed a 'break' and I called it off a little while after that... it was really hard at first and thought I have made the wrong choice, but within a month I knew it was the best decision of my life (up to that point, lol).
Old 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #13  

Something weird is going on with my body!! I had 1465 calories, had eaten 2 snacks and 2 meals, and had one meal to go.. but about an hour before I was going to eat my last meal I got super sick, migraine and all, ugh. So then I ate a higher fat meal and felt fine! The same thing happened the day before... am I not eating enough calories?? I've been trying to have about 1,800 to 2,000 calories a day, so I just don't get it!! I haven't figured out what to do about this yet, for today I am not counting calories, I just have too much to do to feel so sick. Grr!

Rosario - I used to date a LOT before I met Josh! Josh was my first relationship to last over a year though. I think I was dating 4-5 guys when Josh and I first started dating, I was pretty confident and thought I was pretty hot... infact I kind of was! lol... Money is a hard one - one day it'll get easier, that I can promise you! Just keep working hard, and I think life rewards you for hard work. My brother is an idiot, he really shouldn't be quitting his job.. now he's saying he's going to get a new car.. something is going on with him and he refuses to realize that he's not fulfilling his life's work! Instead he's stuck in a relationship that dragging him down, and thats translating into him being bored with the rest of his life. Good job on the exercise!!

Courtnie - congrats on the exercise! You must be losing inches from all that exercise, did you take them?

Today is the day! I am going bathing suit shopping, yucky! All my friends bailed of me.. again.. do you gals notice I have a lot of stories that go like that? Anyways, I am going to do it! I will be back later!

-Aimee
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

sweeties!

I just got off from the VA and in about an hour I start my first graveyard shift at Valero.

Aimee, good luck with the shopping and I think you need to get new friends!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #15  
Fat-be-gone

shari - i hope your shift went well.

aimee - you player, you. lol I kind of wish I had dated a lot before getting into a serious relationship. It would have saved me a lot of stress if i had been a bit more experienced in relationships. But I was a late bloomer. Bathing suit shopping is not fun. Of course, I think when im not fat anymore, it will be loads more fun. But of course, I could be wrong. hope u found the right suit. (show pics!!!)

courtnie - if we do break up i hope Im not wrong. My bf really is the guy I want to marry and have a future with. But maybe this break will help us realize stuff and we'll somehow come together again and be better than we ever could have been. I dont know.....I guess we'll just have to see.

Yesterday was horible. I made some spaghetti and ate lots of it. ended up in a food coma. So I did not work out last night. But i finished my workout for today. Going to my bf's sis house for a little party for his niece.

Today is my dad's bday. We're going to a mass later for him. It feels so weird to not be able to call him and wish him a happy bday. I know he's looking down on me and I know he heard me say happy bday to him when i woke up, but it's just so hard not having him here. I never imagined it would be this hard.

take care girls