South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #1  
Determined

S/C/G: 188/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Default 4 pounds since Monday!

I began the supercharged version of SB on Monday and am knocked out by how fast the pounds are dropping away. I can't help but wonder.....can I stay on phase 1 for more than 2 weeks. The book has sound reasoning for why I shouldn't, but has anyone stayed on it longer? What problems could I run into, if any? Anyone know?
BabySteps21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Amazing! I'm starting phase 1 of SB Supercharged this Sunday, so your post was really exciting for me! I'm not sure about staying on phase 1 for more than 2 weeks, I'll let someone else post about that! Great job though, can you tell me what you are eating, and if you are exercising? Thanks!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #3  
Determined

Yes, I am doing the interval walking and it is easy like the book says. I'm eating lots of fresh vegs, salads, the low fat meat choices, the low fat dairy choices as morning and afternoon snacks (like 2% milk cheese sticks, 1% cottage cheese, LF provolone or swiss wrapped in 1-2oz of sliced, boiled ham with a dill pickle spear in the middle...my fave) and I've been making vegetarian lentil or bean or lentil/barley dishes and they are stick to your ribs good. I can honestly say that I have not been experiencing hunger all week. Haven't even had cravings for sweets.

I'm very encouraged and know Dr.A's reasons for not staying on phase 1 longer than 2 weeks, but I am so tempted with results like I've had so far.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #4  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

You need to add in your p2 items because you cannot live on such a restrictive plan for the rest of your life. SBD is a way of life and you need to train yourself to start eating this way. If you have a few slip ups and find yourself craving carbs and sugars, then yes....go back to p1 for a few days, but in the mean time for your next week, begin to slowly add in an item from the p2 list. Many of us first added in strawberries or oatmeal for the first week on p2. Take it slowly and see how cravings come/or don't come into play.
GREAT JOB so far!!!! Keep it up!!!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #5  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

a lot of people want to stay on p1 longer, but at the end of the day you can't keep losing that steadily for so long. Your body will shed fat much slower, the dramatic loss upfront is all water. Just go on to p2 at the end of 2 weeks, its much more fun!!

Congrats on the 4 lbs!!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #6  
Determined

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I will move as Dr.A instructs and I'm glad to report I'm down another pound today!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, Babysteps. Yes, be sure to move into Phase II when the time comes but gently. You really need the more complete nutrition offered by adding grains and fruits. Sure you can take a multi-vitamin but it's not as good as getting nutrients from real food.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySteps21 View Post
and I've been making vegetarian lentil or bean or lentil/barley dishes and they are stick to your ribs good. I can honestly say that I have not been experiencing hunger all week. Haven't even had cravings for sweets.
Barley would be a grain to add in Phase II.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #9  
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
Barley would be a grain to add in Phase II.
well how do you like that. Already I'm eating phase2 stuff (without thinking about it), dropping pounds to my delight and all this time I was fretting about wanting to stay in phase1. Delightful irony

thanks for the perspective, murphmitch

Last edited by BabySteps21; 06-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.