Old 06-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Rewarding yourself

Okay so I started this new plan on working out and Atkins around the 27th of May and I had 1 slip up on a weekend about 3 weeks ago where I ate what I shouldn't have but Monday morning I started completly over. Starting at 251 when I started I set my Mini goal to be 235 by the 27th of June. Yesterday I weighed myself 234.5 I was so happy I met my goal. Then to ruin it lol... I went at 11pm at night when I got off work and had a hand full of Baked Doritos and some pizza Bites. At the time I was thinking I have worked my butt of I deserve a treat. Now that I woke up the next morning and have been thinking about it I have decided that was not a good treat. For one I didn't feel as good after eating it as I thought I would. It actually made me feel worse. I have been so motivated and eating that kinda of made me lose some motivation.

I wanted to know what others do to reward themselves. I know I should not reward myself with food. Thats like the worse thing to do. I tell myself that when I lose the weight and get to my ultimate goal I am going to change my eating habits because I know how to eat healthy I just have always choosen not too. Earlier in the day at work a girl offered me some fruit though its not on the atkins I took a little as a treat and I didn't feel bad about that because its fruit and I thought that was kinda of a good treat though it does have natural sugar and carbs it's a whole heck of a lot better then chips or pizza.lol.

What other things can I reward myself with once I reach my Mini-goals? I already have my ultimate reward planned next summer is my 21st birthday and if I get to 125 by then I am going to plan a weekend in Gatlinburg for my friends and I for my 21st Birthday. I need some Mini goal rewards any suggestions welcomed.

Thank You
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Getting a new hairstyle, a manicure, a pedicure, a facial, a new pair of shoes, a piece of jewelry, a new handbag, treating yourself to a movie you've been wanting to see, buying yourself a new exercise dvd...going out with your girlfriends for lunch or dinner (and you staying on plan of course!). Reward yourself with something you really enjoy doing! Just something for you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I agree w/ Jerseygirl. My next "treat" is a new skirt once I lose another pound or so. I had a bad eating day yesterday myself. I took the kids out to breakfast and ate all my old favorites. The weird thing is, it really didn't even taste that good. And then last night at work I had chips and salsa. Lots of water retention today, so back on plan for me!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I've started rewarding myself with a new, pretty set of pajamas when I hit a goal. Either that, or some hot new work-out clothes.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #5  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Height: 5'7"

Every pound I have lost I have put $10 into a savings account. If I gained a pound, I put $20 in it. Seeing the #'s go up $10 at a time makes me feel happy. I'm probably going to use the money to get this hideous tattoo removed when I meet my goal of 150lbs lost
Naytally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #6  

I guess I'm older and more patient now. I just LOVE shopping for a smaller size every 6 weeks or so. I go to Value Village right now so the change of sizes is not expensive.......I love donating to them the bigger size that I've outgrown. On Wednesday I went down to a size 12 and gave them my size 16's now that's a huge reward to me!!

I do agree with Jerseygirl.....she has great ideas and any one or taking turns to use each one of them would be a great reward. Food of any kind should never be a reward.....we don't even use food to reward the children because we hope to avoid the thought process. It's so hard to work around.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

I love this idea! I've been spending waaaaay too much on clothing lately. Two birds with one stone if I can only allow new clothes at a mini weight goal.
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote