Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Default Dont need them.

I've been sticking to plan for about two weeks straight now, went over on a few days by a few cals or more, but overcome it by reducing them the next day or whatever. Tonight I've used my calories, but I have a big juicy bag of apricots and right now I want to go eat that whole bag. I could eat worse things, but the thing is I'm not really hungry so why should I eat them? So I'm posting all of the reasons why I will NOT eat when I'm not hungry. Because I want to lose weight, I want to see the scale go down, I want to wake up in the morning and think 'YES I didnt let the food control me' And I can stick to plan without eating the apricots. I'll enjoy them another day!

Sticking to plan!! Rant over !

Last edited by Spoz; 06-27-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

Good for you! Just think, if you don't eat them now....that leaves MORE for later anyways!!

Bingeing on ANYTHING is never a good idea, even if it's delicious fresh summer fruit (I have some to-die-for nectarines in the fridge right now, but I'm trying to pace myself as well).
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #3  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the "mood" to binge as well. I have been since yesterday and I haven't given in. I'm definitely not hungry either!

Here's to sticking to plan!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #4  
Burning it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars View Post
I'm in the "mood" to binge as well. I have been since yesterday and I haven't given in. I'm definitely not hungry either!
:
Go you! You're definitely kicking that habit! I'm not tempted in the slightest now so I guess it shows if you just wait it out you can overcome the binge.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

A bag of dried apricots?

Heh, well, if you eat a whole bag of them, you'll probably only do it once. I ate a ton of dried apricots in college and the bathroom histrionics were SO not worth it. Forget the calories, it was pure misery.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I think she meant fresh apricots... but you know, eating a whole bag of fresh apricots could have a similar effect...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #7  
Burning it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I think she meant fresh apricots... but you know, eating a whole bag of fresh apricots could have a similar effect...

Jay
No, I did mean dried apricots...theyre heavenly. But thanks glory for pointing that out.. I dont think that would be worth it
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Living in Japan, we get the most awesome cherries here (have you ever seen pictures of a Japanese cherry blossom festival? There are cherry trees everywhere here).

I currently have, in my refrigerator, 2 different kinds. The dark reddish-purple ones that are sweet and about 1 carb each, and the smaller red-yellow ones that are slightly sour and have about half that.

Being low carb, I have to limit myself to 6 cherries on a given day. I at first thought this would be hard - but it's not really. It's taught me to savor the ones I eat instead of wolfing them, and to enjoy them on the days I have them. I usually conserve them for when I'm wanting something sweet.

I also have daughters so they eat them...which means they don't go bad on my in-between days.

Control is a good thing.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote