Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Losing too Fast

Okay I probably shouldn't complain because the weight it coming off and I am so excited. But Last Monday I joined the Gym and started the induction part of Atkins on the 16th. On the 16th I weighed 246. I have been going to the gym now mon. wed. thurs. and I am already down to 234.5. It is normal to lose that much in 1 week. I mean I happy but I feel like it shouldn't come off that fast and I don't want it to come off unhealthyly if thats a word lol.

Kay
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

It is normal to lose a lot of weight rapidly when starting a new plan, especially on Atkins induction. If this extremely rapid loss continues for more than 3-4 weeks, I would possibly re-evaluate.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #3  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

Wow! 11.5 lbs in a week is alot but it is likely alot of water weight at first. With carbs you retain alot of water. And it has been 10 days since today is the 26th. So that is not at all abnormal for atkins induction or some other diets. I believe I lost 8 lbs the first week on WW-I was definitely eating far less carbs and 3 lbs the next week. If you kept up at that pace then I would wonder what is going on. Enjoy your time at the gym and Good luck with the rest of your weight loss!
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #4  

Default Losing fast

I guess if I do lose more then I probably should by week 4 I will just need to add some carbs like 5 or 10 or something. I am happy to be losing it fast but I dont want to do it unhealthy. Probably is mainly water weight at first and is why it comes off so fast. especially since I am working out and only drinking water.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

If you watch The Biggest Loser, it is a perfect example of what is happening to you.

If you stick to a serious weight loss plan, or you stick to an intense exercise plan (or both), the beginning weight loss will be astounding. Because you are losing a lot of water weight.

Ever notice how the majority of the contestants on The Biggest Loser lose way less on weeks 2 and 3 than they did on week 1? It's the water loss.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #6  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

It has to be normal... I started on Monday and it's now Thursday and I've already dropped 12 pounds. I would really worry unless it continues to drop that fast for an extended period of time, like everyone else said!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #7  

I want to do whatever you´re doing - what are you eating on an average day?
Pieinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #8  

Default What I eat

Mostly I eat Eggs and bacon or sausage for Breakfast. For lunch and dinner I usually have salads or Hamburger with no bun or baken Chicken Breast with green beans or Broccoli. Thats what it has consisted of lately. For snacks I eat String cheese, or celery, pickles too. It's hard to stick to sometime, last night I cheated bad but I can dwell on last time I just need to look ahead and forget about it because everyone messes up. I think I was so excited I met my Mini goal of 235 by the 27th I thought I should Indulge with food. I need to find other ways to reward myself.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #9  

More than the weight loss is the fact that I was never hungry. I've been on this for 3.5 months now and honestly I'm just never hungry beyond a nudge just before mealtime sometimes. I haven't eaten a thing after dinner (5:30 p.m.) since the first day I started this program and I was the worlds biggest night time eater.

Concentrate on the good things that are happening and please do find something else to reward yourself with other than food. I think you'll do great if you stay to the program as you have this last week. Congrats on meeting your first goal!!!

Kelly
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote