Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Chat thread for the week of June 23 - 29

Hello All!!!

I'm back!! I had an awesome time in New York!! We had so much fun. And today it's back to normal life.

Many things about my trip has opened my eyes and today is Day 1 for me. I MUST get healthy!

How are all of you??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #2  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Hey Sandi

Glad you had a good time in New York. What happened that made you say to yourself this is day 1??

I started on June 3rd after I saw a picture of myself at a family bbq and was horrified. But since then I've lost about 20 pounds. Which I'm sure is mostly water weight but I'm still happy non the less. I still have a long ways to go but I'm excited for what's to come.

This place is the best. I come on every morning before I even touch food. It helps me to make the right choices reading everyones goal stories.

This week is kind of a big one for me and my family. My sister is getting married this saturday in Cape May, NJ. I'm excited for her but at the same time can't wait till it's over.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #3  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

welcome back Sandi. and hi Manda.. yay for the 5'10"ers.

My parents are in town this week... and staying with me. I'd like to have a good loss at my next WI so I'm aiming to have a great OP week despite it all.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Sandi, it's good to hear you had such a good time in New York!

I had a wonderful weekend. DH and I went to see George Jones in concert on Saturday. We also got to go visit his parents, my father, and my grandparents, too. It was wonderful. I didn't eat very healthy like I usually do, but I tried the best I could considering no one had healthy food in their house. I only gained one pound this weekend. I hated to gain weight but I was glad it was only one pound.
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sandi, I'd like to hear your thoughts, too. What happened that made you say that?
*** You're insightful, so I want to hear what you have to say!***
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #6  
Woman on a mission

So I just got in from the most fun I've had in awhile with my older sister. We went to this place called 'All Fired Up' it's a paint your own pottery place. She has been having a hard time finding a signing plate for her wedding so I said why don't you just make one yourself. It turned out so well. My sister and I don't really ever get to spend time together so it was fun to share that moment with her. Also, she was like "are you losing weight cause your jeans keep falling down??" I was so excited that she noticed..and it's not usually like her to pay anyone a compliment so this was big. Anyway, I'll take a pic of it after we pic it up on friday. Sorry about the ramble.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well, it was really a bunch of things. My husband is awesome and never makes me feel heavy at all. He is normal weight. On the trip I felt handicapped. I wasn't worried about the plane because we had 3 seats together, but even with that it was obvious I was taking up more than my fair share of space. When we rented a car, I was worried that I would fit behind the wheel. When we had dinner I was worried that we needed a table. Hearing my husband say "Party of 3 - table please" was hard. Even at a table my chair was out too far and people behind me sometimes didn't have enough room. I was worried about the stairs at the subway. I was worried about the turnstiles. I was worried about fitting in the seats at the game. I was worried about the double decker bus (fitting and getting to the top). On the bus I realized that I hung over the seat...nobody else did. At the Statue Of Liberty I didn't want to climb the monument base (stairs). I am so sick and tired of being worried. I have a great life but everything is being hindered a little bit because of my weight. Turns out it was fine, I fit everywhere and was able to do everything. But I can't help but wonder what more we would have done / tried if I was of normal weight.

And the sweating...my goodness...the sweating. It wasn't hot when we were there...70's...80's. I bought a roll of paper towels and every day would fold up 4 in my purse and take them with me. By the end of the day they would all be soaked. I don't armpit sweat, I face and head sweat. The constantly wiping of my face.

Then there are the pictures. Normally I am the photographer and so I am not in lots of pictures. I don't mind having my picture taken at all, it just works out that way. This trip Steve was the photographer and I was in a lot of shots. When I saw the pictures all I could think was "no way!". I guess I am not in touch with reality.

I weigh 342 lbs. I have over 200 lbs to lose. That is absolutely ridiculous. I am not just obese I am super morbidly obese. "I haven't always been heavy" is what I say and then I pull out a picture from 20 years ago. I have been heavy for 20 years and over 300 for 10.

So that's what happened.

Yesterday went well except I got into the big cheez-it's...they are now in the garbage. Today I have been very good about entering it in fitday. I will do this!!

Last edited by Sandi; 06-24-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Manda22: What is a signing plate? I may be totally out of it, but I've never heard of one? Glad you had lots of fun!

Sandi: Thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean about being worried. I've felt that same way lots of times. But I know you'll lose the weight. You can do it!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #9  
Woman on a mission

A signing plate is something for the bride and groom. Everyone who attends the wedding/reception signs it. Kind of like a guest book but a big plate.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Sandi, I had a very similar experience when we went to New York last year. I was at my high weight and I worried so much about all the same things you did. It was one of the things that pushed me to get going on the weight loss. I was determined to not let the weight keep me from doing any of it, but it would have been a lot more enjoyable if I wouldn't have been so uncomfortable. I'm determined that next time I'll be able to keep up with my husband. I hated that he had to do everything at a slower pace for me. We still enjoyed it so much and I'm glad I didn't let the weight keep us from a very memorable vacation with our boys. You just don't get those opportunities back. I'm happy for you that you went and enjoyed yourself with your family!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Manda22, the signing plate sounds like a great idea. At our wedding, we had a picture of us and everyone signed the frame. It's good because we actually hung the picture in our bedroom and can see the signatures everyday instead of having a guest book that you will never look at.

Today has been a great day so far. I got a phone call about a job and it looks very promising. I should have an interview on Friday, YAY! I have been looking for a job for about a month and a half now. I am so excited!!!!! Wish me luck!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #12  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Could I join this group? My name is Rachel and I have about 90 more lbs to lose before I get down to my goal weight. I'm already in the WW flex group, but I figure I can use all the help I can get. I am a slow loser, which is probably also why it is so frustrating for me, but I'm hoping with the addition of some exercise per week, this will help things out a lot.
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #13  
Woman on a mission

CrazyCurls* I like the picture frame idea too. I think I might do that whenever I get married. Great news about the job interview. Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes.

Librarygirl12* Of course you can join. You're in the right place. This site is the best. Everyone is supportive and nice. I find myself all over this site in different groups.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sandi - aww, I am so jealous of your NY trip, I just found out that my NY trip isn't going to happen. So sad! Glad you had a good time!

Manda - I also hadn't heard of a signing plate, very cute idea!!

When I get married we are going to be bringing back bottles of tequila, because it'll be a Vegas wedding! I am just not into the idea of planning out a wedding. lol..

I am doing the big count down to my vacation, kind of excited, kind of scared, not too sure I am ready to go on vacation at 260 pounds. But it is what it is.. 9 days and counting. I am looking forward to the beach and hot weather! I have to go shopping for the dreaded bathing suit on Friday, I am looking for a tankini, any good tips??

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #15  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Sandi - sounds like you had a great trip.
I understand about the worry thing. I remember trips to Disney where I was worried about fitting onto rides, before we even booked the tickets!
You can get healthy and fit, you know you can. Use the feelings of worry from this trip to keep you in the groove.

Aimee - here is a site to shop for tankinis http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/deptl...dept_id=100000

I've been busy around here. Thinking about a career change (or addition). Medical transcription. I have an unused vet tech degree, so I have all the medical/anatomy/pharmacology background which should help.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote